FSU Class worth the hype?

Its very "top heavy" as King James would say. They have like 5-6 ELITE of the ELITE players. (Akers, Kaindoh, AThomas, Warner, maybe Marvin Wilson).. But alot of bums too. Who the **** is Ontario Wilson? Some really sketchy recruits sprinkled in there..4-5 guys dont even have pictures. lol

EXACTLY. I'm not saying I wouldn't love to have some of those players, but there are a lot of JAGs and very little OL help (which was a big need, IMO).

Advertisement
Did yawl forget, they beat us... Now they have a year of experience. **** FSU aint recruiting to beat us; it's the other way around; we recruiting trying to beat them!!

Last edited:
The 6 or 7 OLs they signed last year didn't, play but for 1. So this begs the question, if they loaded up last year and have 15 or so OLs on the roster, why would they sign more?

Advertisement
There are a lot of REALLY NICE players in Seminoles' class, but I'd rather have our class every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Their OL wasn't good last year & they only signed 1 OL.

College Football Recruiting Classes - ESPN

Our DL is gonna kill Francois this year...

Go Canes!

Pretty sure they signed 6 olinemen last year and redshirted all of them except for 1. Most of them were 4* with one 5*...

This! Everyone one forgets they loaded up last year with OL

Wow, there are more idiots on this site then any of the others that i have been to (but i guess that's what happens on a free site). They landed 2 (not 1 but 2) 5-star RB's and to replace cook. I think it's gonna be hard to replace a player like cook but landing 2 5-stars is a helluva start. They are still in play for the #1 DT in the Nation and oh btw, they landed another 5-star player in Kaindoh out of Bradenton. So YES, it's an elite class. Which is why they are ranked ahead of us. Their needs were different than ours which is why we did not have many head to head battles. That said, I am super happy with our class and honestly at this point i only wish we could have kept McFarland. The other 2 jamokes can pack sand, they were rated below our other players at their same positions.

Their classes are always good. They didn't replace Cook.

they didnt replace Cook? they got two 5 star running LOL

UF class is doo doo to me tho. great DB class and all but

Cook beat Miami three years in a row. Without him FSU loses those 3 games. He is a once in a generation running back in this series. We'll see if Akers is in his league. Mario Pender says hi by the way.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wow, there are more idiots on this site then any of the others that i have been to (but i guess that's what happens on a free site). They landed 2 (not 1 but 2) 5-star RB's and to replace cook. I think it's gonna be hard to replace a player like cook but landing 2 5-stars is a helluva start. They are still in play for the #1 DT in the Nation and oh btw, they landed another 5-star player in Kaindoh out of Bradenton. So YES, it's an elite class. Which is why they are ranked ahead of us. Their needs were different than ours which is why we did not have many head to head battles. That said, I am super happy with our class and honestly at this point i only wish we could have kept McFarland. The other 2 jamokes can pack sand, they were rated below our other players at their same positions.

I may be an idiot but I don't struggle w/ reading comprehension...I never said those guys weren't good. In fact I ALL-CAPPED it. They're REALLY NICE. But that OL wasn't good last year & they ONLY added 1 3-star OT. Yes, they added 6 guys last year, but if those guys were so good why couldn't they force PT on a bad unit?

Yes, FSU landed some GREAT players but football is a LOS-game and they didn't get better on the OL. That is my ONLY point.

They didn't raid South Florida like they usually do.

I saw Jimbo on TV earlier saying they are a "national brand", which is fine. We'll stick to heavily focusing on 305/954/561 savages. Hopefully said savages reciprocate the love.

LOL, you can't knowingly replace a guy like Cook, but if you're trying to, a pair of 5 stars is a really good start. FSU recruits very well, they always have. All I care about their class is that the one we signed is good enough to beat them, and ours is. I'm all good.

Advertisement
With threads like this, I always wonder what some of you would say about each of those players if they were signing with us. I'm more excited about our recruits, I trust our evaluations more, and I'm ready to watch them play; but, I'm not going to sit and pretend that the criminoles haven't been recruiting well and that every player sucks that they get.

the criminoles always recruit well, this is just another "average" year for them

their trouble is getting those recruiting rankings to turn into anything

Advertisement
Their classes are always good. They didn't replace Cook.

they didnt replace Cook? they got two 5 star running LOL

UF class is doo doo to me tho. great DB class and all but

Neither are close to cook

Cook was a special player, those dont come around every year. You dont replace him easily...

But they had a hole and they threw numbers at the position, they got 2 top 5 backs in country. As a fan that is all you can ask. I hate them buts lets not be ignorant

"They lost all of their good players on defense." 2011-2013
"They lost Jameis and can't replace him." 2015-2016
"Cook is gone, what are they going to do now?" 2016-?

Some of our fans need to wake up. They recruit at a high level and will likely find another elite player(s) to replace the one they lost. Until we start recruiting on that level, they'll continue to be a problem for us.

How in the world does FSU land the #1, #4 and #15 running backs on the ESPN national ranking list and UM only lands one kid, from this position of great need?

I can only guess it was related to our O line's inability to generate any kind of a running late, coupled with CMR's fear of putting Kaaya under center.

"They lost all of their good players on defense." 2011-2013
"They lost Jameis and can't replace him." 2015-2016
"Cook is gone, what are they going to do now?" 2016-?

Some of our fans need to wake up. They recruit at a high level and will likely find another elite player(s) to replace the one they lost. Until we start recruiting on that level, they'll continue to be a problem for us.

Of course, they'll continue to sign great classes. They've been doing so for 30 years. Is Francois better than Winston? Remains to be seen. Cook broke all their rushing records and ran all over Miami. Will Akers be better? Who knows, but all I know is Cook beat Miami 3 years running. Without him three lose all three games. Those are huge shoes to fill at running back.

Advertisement
Back