FSU at MIAMI 1/22 2PM ESPN

They had a tough inbound spot to do that. We weren't inbounding from the baseline we were inbounding from the corner and they were forcing the inbounds to go backwards
Correct. Moore with a full head of steam was a better option in this situation but he was 5-13 and had just missed two easy looks at the rim. Wong had to have the ball in his hands

Advertisement
Absolutely. Sad the way the way they came out with such a lack of effort, but a **** of an effort in the second for sure.
Sometimes you have a rough half, it happens, even to elite teams. The difference is that this team had the mental toughness to get back in this game, and be in position to win late. That's all you can ask for.

Yeah, despite comments to the contrary, Wong got a decent look.

How you fall THAT far behind at home in the biggest game of the season is another question. They were TIGHT (you'd think an "older" team could handle the pressure better)!
Teams press. Even experienced teams, because you start pushing yourself to do more, because you feel as if the thing is slipping away. It's a snowball effect. That said, this team had a chance to win it late, that's all you can ask for, especially in these evenly matched games.

I'll have to look at it again but apparently an FSU player reached in right as Wong was raising to shoot...

Advertisement
Like what? 8 seconds left coming out of your own backcourt. Even if you're across the timeline in 2, you now have 6 seconds to run something. Maybe penetrate and kick but we needed a bucket and Wong had a torrid second half. He's made those shots before.
No one is requesting some fancy, creative in-bound play. I understand the time constraint. The play there, like you said, is for Wong to invite those three defenders in as fast as possible and kick it to someone who is wide open.

I recognize he has absolutely made those shots before, no one can deny that, but I’ll take my chances with a wide-open look over that.

Correct. Moore with a full head of steam was a better option in this situation but he was 5-13 and had just missed two easy looks at the rim. Wong had to have the ball in his hands
You go with the guy that brought you, Wong is able to get his shot over anyone, Moore struggles with that at times, because FSU has insane length. The game should and will turn on the actions of the best players on the floor. Wong is Miami's best player, period. You get him the ball and let him do what needs to be done. It was a quality look, one Wong makes half the time.

You could argue that Wong should have hit an open Sam, but few guys are willing to give that shot up late.

No one is requesting some fancy, creative in-bound play. I understand the time constraint. The play there, like you said, is for Wong to invite those three defenders in as fast as possible and kick it to someone who is wide open.

I recognize he has absolutely made those shots before, no one can deny that, but I’ll take my chances with a wide-open look over that.
Tell me you've never played the game before without telling me that you've never played the game before. You're asking your best shot maker, who's just had a 20 point half to create a shot for someone else. He has to shoot in that situation.

Advertisement
Big balls on the comeback just couldn't get the last shot to go. Hopefully we see their asses again in the ACC tourny. GO CANES 🙌

Unsurprisingly, we got beat soundly on the glass. Only 7 Offensive rebounds. Walker, you'd think, should play more but ... who knows what L sees out of him in practice.

Tell me you've never played the game before without telling me that you've never played the game before. You're asking your best shot maker, who's just had a 20 point half to create a shot for someone else. He has to shoot in that situation.
Amen. With that amount of time, that was a good enough shot. Just did not go in.

Advertisement
Unsurprisingly, we got beat soundly on the glass. Only 7 Offensive rebounds. Walker, you'd think, should play more but ... who knows what L sees out of him in practice.
Don't think was Walker was playing much again after the gaff he had in the first half. Athletic as all heck but a potato of a basketball IQ

Lol this is such a lame argument.

I don’t think I’m the only one in the world claiming that Wong dribbling into three defenders and putting up a severely contested shot was misguided.

He’s a great player. Doesn’t mean we have to settle for that.

Advertisement
Either Wong shoots his shot, or he finds an open guy. That's what you want out of that possession.

Lol this is such a lame argument.

I don’t think I’m the only one in the world claiming that Wong dribbling into three defenders and putting up a severely contested shot was misguided.

He’s a great player. Doesn’t mean we have to settle for that.
He should have tried getting to the rim, if anything, but again, he has 4-5 seconds to get a shot once she's crossed half court. You are never getting a clean look at the rim in that situation

Advertisement
Back