FSU at MIAMI 1/22 2PM ESPN

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gut wrenching loss again to that stupid team from Tallahassee...the guys played their asses off in the 2nd half. Wish they had that same fire to start the game.

Learn the game people. You can't advance the ball in college. 8 seconds with the ball coming out the backcourt leaves you with very few options as far as actions go. If anything, I would have liked Wong to have pushed the ball up quicker or Moore bringing the ball up but that's as good as you're going to do in that situation. We didn't have another time out either so it's not like we could have advanced and called another TO.

What would you have run in that situation?
Stupid question. You have a myriad of options coming out of an extended time out, and your plan is for Wong to dribble into three defenders and put up a contested shot? I mean, ****….

Everyone in that building knew Wong was going to get the ball. Wouldn’t have been hard to scheme an open look.

Advertisement
Good effort in the second half but it doesn’t change anything. Winning cures all, and they didn’t win. So time to face the fact that an unacceptable first half effort and performance, capped off by one of the worst shots of the game, being the last one, is the reason the conference lead is gone. And you are now 0-9 against your rival in the last 5 years.

Advertisement
Stupid question. You have a myriad of options coming out of an extended time out, and your plan is for Wong to dribble into three defenders and put up a contested shot? I mean, ****….

Everyone in that building knew Wong was going to get the ball. Wouldn’t have been hard to scheme an open look.
Like what? 8 seconds left coming out of your own backcourt. Even if you're across the timeline in 2, you now have 6 seconds to run something. Maybe penetrate and kick but we needed a bucket and Wong had a torrid second half. He's made those shots before.

Only issue I had is handing Wong the ball from the other baseline. Run a inbound set to catch the ball closer to half court with Wong trailing for the handoff. Creativity with sets are non existent since konkol and huger left.

They had a tough inbound spot to do that. We weren't inbounding from the baseline we were inbounding from the corner and they were forcing the inbounds to go backwards

Good effort in the second half but it doesn’t change anything. Winning cures all, and they didn’t win. So time to face the fact that an unacceptable first half effort and performance, capped off by one of the worst shots of the game, being the last one, is the reason the conference lead is gone. And you are now 0-9 against your rival in the last 5 years.
This right here. If this game is even remotely competitive in the first half, we win pulling away in the second.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back