From The Perch: Enos

Advertisement
My man. Ro and I do not communicate beforehand so as not to influence the other on our write-ups and we both saw very similar things, which I take as a good thing for me to be seeing similar things to such a good QB analyst.

I'm in lockstep that I hope he runs a bit more of the RPO, tempo-based, check-with-me offense that we saw at Alabama this year. It's also interesting that you saw that offense being heavily influenced by Enos because I saw the same thing.

Kudos to the GOAT.
THAT WAS MY ONLY PROBLEM WITH THE HIRE. I THINK HE IS PHENOMENAL AS A PLAY CALLER AND DESIGNING/RUNNING AN OFFENSE. THAT POWER PRO JUST SEEMED LIKE MORE OF THE SAME WITH BETTER ATHLETES AT BAMA. SOMETHING TELLS ME THOUGH THAT MANNY WANTS TO USE OUR TALENT ON THE TEAM AND THE SURROUNDING AREA WHEN WE RECRUIT. SO THERE HAS TO BE SOME HEAVY TEMPO AND RPO CONCEPTS IN THIS OFFENSE.

Advertisement
I like williams a ton. I really do. His qb coach is an absolute MONSTER too. Honestly the concerns I have with perry go mostly beyond the field. I need my quarterbacks to be all star warrior poets on the field and church mice off it.

Unless the 2018 version of NP matures a bit, I don't need a suspension waiting to happen as my starter in 2019. Sorry. Tough love. I'd tell my son the same advice too. (He's 7) lol
I agree with u on perry off field to many more of those and he is gone which is why I trust Williams more. but its also why I think Miami has to try to add as much talent to room as possible perry cant seem to keep off social media doing stupid **** , Williams flirted with transfer already and I want competition as I think it makes players better but I just don't think we can sleep on them also with enos as qb coach and think aren't gonan improve and maybe one of them win job

Biggest thing I took away from this is that Enos is not only capable schematically but he also prepares his players with fundamental details to execute his offense. A great OC has to be a teacher - not just a playcaller - and the way his OL & QB executed gives the impression that they're well-schooled.

“Certainly, we have to just be really, really good fundamentally and technically first at what we’re going to do. We have to have an offense that plays with great effort, great toughness. But, then, let’s try to use our tools, and let’s try to put them in the best place we can.”

Love this quote. Don't put the cart before the horse. Execution first, scheme second.

And then this quote answers Roman's wishes:

“I think you’ve got to take shots — (but) shots with answers,” Enos said. “Not a one-man route or a two-man route where if it’s not there you’ve got to throw it away. But shots with checkdowns, with answers.

“Obviously in today’s day and age, we can’t always predict what kind of coverage we’re going to get or how the defense is going to react after the ball is snapped. I think having ways in your (game) plan to always take shots (downfield) and put pressure on a defense vertically is very important. But I’m a big believer you have answers to go to in case you don’t get the coverage you want — you’ve got checkdowns.

Today alone about 10 hours spanning multiple games over 3 years. Wanted great wins and poor losses to create a construct.

another hour or two reading philosophies, quarterback drills and watching videos on enos individually yesterday.

About 5 hours breaking down bama games and jarren at various times throughout the season

There will be tendencies that emerge for sure. But after time spent so far it is nowhere near the tendencies of richt.

This is first glance of course and doesn't make me the SME of all things enos but it gives me a good impression what to expect.

As far as Perry? I think of anyyone on the roster who will struggle with this playbook it's him. Mirrored routes were ran for a reason.
SAFE TO SAY. THAT YOU WERE WRONG WITH PERRY STRUGGLING WITH THE PLAYBOOK. THE OFFENSE WAS HORRIBLE AND SO WAS JON RICHT. ALSO PERRY NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN PULLED V UVA. RICHT DIDNT PULL MALIK FROM HIS MULTIPLE INT GAMES. SHOULD HAVE LET HIM FIGURE IT OUT. CALL SIMPLE CROSSING/DRAG ROUTES THAT SPRING GUYS OPEN. GET HIS CONFIDENCE BACK. OH WE DIDNT HAVE THAT IN OUR OFFENSE. EVERYONE GETS A CLEAN SLATE IN THIS O AND PERRY HAS IMPROVED LEAPS AND BOUNDS IN JUST ONE SPRING WITH ENOS.

SAFE TO SAY. THAT YOU WERE WRONG WITH PERRY STRUGGLING WITH THE PLAYBOOK. THE OFFENSE WAS HORRIBLE AND SO WAS JON RICHT. ALSO PERRY NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN PULLED V UVA. RICHT DIDNT PULL MALIK FROM HIS MULTIPLE INT GAMES. SHOULD HAVE LET HIM FIGURE IT OUT. CALL SIMPLE CROSSING/DRAG ROUTES THAT SPRING GUYS OPEN. GET HIS CONFIDENCE BACK. OH WE DIDNT HAVE THAT IN OUR OFFENSE. EVERYONE GETS A CLEAN SLATE IN THIS O AND PERRY HAS IMPROVED LEAPS AND BOUNDS IN JUST ONE SPRING WITH ENOS.
GREAT BUMP. LULZ

Advertisement
You mad?

...That is because the OC actually takes the time to design the plays for them to succeed. This isn't simply an offense that relies 100% on execution any more. It is an offense that sees the bigger picture. It is an offense that provides the advantage and does not line up disadvantaged by 30 year faults.

Key statement of fantastic writeup.

Systems will produce what they are DESIGNED to do given the operators within.

Its a 101 level concept.

I'm in lockstep that I hope he runs a bit more of the RPO, tempo-based, check-with-me offense that we saw at Alabama this year. It's also interesting that you saw that offense being heavily influenced by Enos because I saw the same thing.

That’s all Mike Locksley...period. Enos didn’t heavily influence anything.

Smh

Wow. You like Caps. I was not wrong with Perry Struggling with the playbook. Because I didn't come up with that tid bit of information on my own.

Advertisement
Roman just went back through this thread. And after watching all the Miami games last week I just started watching all the Arkansas games starting with 2015. Im only watching the offensive side of the ball so it goes by quick.

I will note some creativity this man has. Just started watching the Arkansas- Toledo game today. It’s crazy because I’m watching these games and literally envisioning Miami personnel and quality of opponents.

I definitely hope we see wrinkles like Q2 8:00 min mark touchdown to Alex Collins.

Literally almost every play this game they run some type of motion lol. Haven’t gotten to other games yet just starting here.

I still have my reservations on this guy. But honestly I’m thinking about all those motions vs ACC defenders and I don’t worry anymore lol. Our conference is soft AF. He should be able to carve up the ACC.

I definitely hope we see more tempo like you mentioned. I’m going to finish watching the rest of Arkansas offense this week. And watching the LT defense next week to get a better feel for Baker.

In will say some of those short yardage run designs are terrible. And Arkansas would get stuffed regularly. With Miami’s 3rd down offense on life support hopefully he pulled some pages out of Satans book.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Anyone else hard or just me?
Weather man erection.gif

Advertisement
Back