From the horses mouth: What golden must do to keep his job

Advertisement
Athletic director Blake James made clear Tuesday there “is no minimum win total or anything like that

If Golden wins, say, 9 or 10 games and UM captures the Coastal Division title, Golden is clearly staying.

What if UM gets to seven or eight wins but the season derails because of major injuries to its best players? What if the Hurricanes start slowly but finish on a significant winning streak?

### One high-level trustee who likes to give his opinion to the administration: “I personally think he needs to win eight games.”

### That should have been a 9-4 team last year. (!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!)

### Former offensive line standout Vernon Carey: “Eight or nine wins. Coaches tell me things are going to change. There were a lot of ‘me’ guys on the team last year but they’re changing the culture.” (WTF!?!?! Brock, is that you?!?!?!) FVCK Vernon Carey

RIP MIAMI FOOTBALL PROGRAM

Last edited:
I agree that he has definitely made bad choices, but I think he is an intelligent person. Point of my post is the documentary really highlighted a lot of turmoil and people hated Butch at one point too... Most hate Golden (which I think is a waste of energy) so the documentary allows me to be optimistic.

watching the U part 2 again did two things for me:

1) Knowing that Al is at least smart, it gave me a little help. Butch Davis I love, and he was able to get it done after Banners were flown for him. So it gives me hope that Al can turn it around. As long as it is turned around I don't care who the coach is, but to have a great season this year is ideal for me as a fan. I don't want to go through last year again.

2) Watching that from last year made me really want Butch back.. I mean I cannot even watch him on ESPN or listen to his interviews, because he is not the coach. Kind of excruciating.

Again in closing I want the U to win..... That is the most important thing. I hope this staff has it together this season, and if not "Bye Felicia"

What makes you think Golden is smart? Because of how he sounds?
One could argue Golden has made a lot of choices in his tenure here that were not smart.

I agree dude has to have above average intelligence. How else do you learn how to make pretty little binders, build pillars, and con a major university out of millions and at the same time have the people that you are robbing blind, sing your praises?

Advertisement
### Former UM linebacker DJ Williams: “They need to win the ACC. That’s what we should expect every year.”

That's just what I expect.

No more mediocre **** from our beloved canes.

Not that hard.

On D: show the film of ex canes teams playing downfield and get it done

On O: Let our speed show as only S FL can show.

THIS IS A RECIPY WE INVENTED- much because we have the speed in south florida and the nastiness.

Let the players play how they grew up playing and results will show.

Why we don't we just forward all of these *****ing and whining threads from CIS directly to Frenks email? Some folks on here wanna email him after every loss, why wait? Let's see how spirited of a response we get... Smh

Advertisement
Golden should already be fired and replaced. The fact he hasn't tells me all I need to know: Just sickening and infuriating!

THIS PROGRAM IS FUBAR!

Last edited:
I want to see at a minimum Folden, D'ontknow$hitfrio, and can't coach Coley fired.....I can't lie, they are VERY inadequate in their jobs. If you or anyone of us were this inadequate at our jobs we would be gone! It is not unreasonable to expect the same from these frauds either. #HeldToTheSameStandards

watching the U part 2 again did two things for me:

1) Knowing that Al is at least smart, it gave me a little help. Butch Davis I love, and he was able to get it done after Banners were flown for him. So it gives me hope that Al can turn it around. As long as it is turned around I don't care who the coach is, but to have a great season this year is ideal for me as a fan. I don't want to go through last year again.

2) Watching that from last year made me really want Butch back.. I mean I cannot even watch him on ESPN or listen to his interviews, because he is not the coach. Kind of excruciating.

Again in closing I want the U to win..... That is the most important thing. I hope this staff has it together this season, and if not "Bye Felicia"

1. Al Golden is an idiot
2. if you even have "hope" that he can turn this around, I've got some beach property to sell you...

Advertisement
You've now stated you think he is smart, twice. What is that based on? You keep stating a conclusion with nothing to support it.

Thanks for asking. I think he is more intelligent from a marketing business standpoint. Also from a communication, organizing type of intelligence. That is how he comes across to me. I think the majority of his incompetence does not spurn from being stupid, but the lead way he gives his staff.. How he relates to his staff I think he is a little soft in that area, but some of that can be attributed to loyalty. Even some level of loyalty to a fault, which he exhibited by staying with the U when he was blind sided by sanctions. His intelligence was not the basis of my original statement, so I am definitely not trying to persuade anyone who feels he is dumb.

Advertisement
Crap. I saw this and was afraid him getting fired was a dream. Then I noticed the date. Stop bringing back old threats like this. It is dangerous for those of us who have had a heart attack already. Plus his name alone can cause vomiting.

Advertisement
Back