From the horses mouth: What golden must do to keep his job

Advertisement
many curious items, including that a trustee said that the buyout "is no longer an impediment".
That's all I saw lol. The rest of it is hogwash. U can't put a number on it. Because if u say 9 games, we squeak out 9 wins against crap and get blown out in every other game and the bowl game like 2 years ago, he needs to be canned. We have been watching this for 4 years and we will know if there are improvements beyond the final record. Which is very important none the less.

watching the U part 2 again did two things for me:

1) Knowing that Al is at least smart, it gave me a little help. Butch Davis I love, and he was able to get it done after Banners were flown for him. So it gives me hope that Al can turn it around. As long as it is turned around I don't care who the coach is, but to have a great season this year is ideal for me as a fan. I don't want to go through last year again.

2) Watching that from last year made me really want Butch back.. I mean I cannot even watch him on ESPN or listen to his interviews, because he is not the coach. Kind of excruciating.

Again in closing I want the U to win..... That is the most important thing. I hope this staff has it together this season, and if not "Bye Felicia"

This is exactly why we should all be rooting for losses.

The will NOT fire him if he wins 8 games. We will be stuck with this fat fvcuk for years unless he completely fails this season.

The will NOT fire him if he wins 8 games. We will be stuck with this fat fvcuk for years unless he completely fails this season.

I don't even understand how to root for a loss. It's natural for me to want the Canes to win

Advertisement

I don't even understand how to root for a loss. It's natural for me to want the Canes to win

Doesn't matter who you root for.

Golden will take care of the losing part.

When former players have been ground down to hoping to win 8 games or merely appear in an ACCCG (no expectation to win it) you know the program is circling the drain.

1) Knowing that Al is at least smart, it gave me a little help. Butch Davis I love, and he was able to get it done after Banners were flown for him. So it gives me hope that Al can turn it around. As long as it is turned around I don't care who the coach is, but to have a great season this year is ideal for me as a fan. I don't want to go through last year again.

2) Watching that from last year made me really want Butch back.. I mean I cannot even watch him on ESPN or listen to his interviews, because he is not the coach. Kind of excruciating.

Again in closing I want the U to win..... That is the most important thing. I hope this staff has it together this season, and if not "Bye Felicia"

What makes you think Golden is smart? Because of how he sounds?
One could argue Golden has made a lot of choices in his tenure here that were not smart.

Advertisement
Honestly, all the BoT anonymous quotes are tiresome. These guys have been talking off the record like this for years now and nothing's been done.

i think hes gone and they already know it

aG a dead man walkin,dem pillars made of play doe rt now.

Just win 8. Go to the ACCCG and a bowl game. But just win 8. So an 8-6 record would allow him to keep his job. Sounds like people SHOULD be rooting for losses.

Advertisement
This whole winning 8 games theory is such horse ****. What good is winning 8 meaningless games when you have Bethune and FAU on the schedule? Win games you're suppose to win, win one or two you're not suppose to and compete in every game. This schedule is weak. Outside of FSU, we have out recruited every school in the last 4 years. No excuses.

### Former star cornerback Duane Starks: “Don’t just win the games you are supposed to win. Win games that make a difference. And I want to see them make adjustments at halftime and not have only the other team make adjustments.

“They get out-coached and they don’t make adjustments, and the biggest adjustment they need to make is putting guys in the right position, in the right place to defend different formations that come up during games. They need to be prepared with situational football. They need to understand football more than they do now. Last year, we didn’t make halftime adjustments on either side of the ball.”

Couldn't agree more. But Golden and Donut can't do what they know. Lets just hope he gets canned.

I agree that he has definitely made bad choices, but I think he is an intelligent person. Point of my post is the documentary really highlighted a lot of turmoil and people hated Butch at one point too... Most hate Golden (which I think is a waste of energy) so the documentary allows me to be optimistic.

What makes you think Golden is smart? Because of how he sounds?
One could argue Golden has made a lot of choices in his tenure here that were not smart.

Advertisement
You've now stated you think he is smart, twice. What is that based on? You keep stating a conclusion with nothing to support it.

Haha! At anyone who thinks these coaches can coach an 8 win season
Cincy- loss
Clemson-loss
FSU-loss
VT-loss
Nebraska-loss
Take a pick of
GT
Duke
Pitt
UVA
NC
I bet we sneak into a bowl game and get out ****s handed to us.
Not because the players
But our coaches will fak it up. Trust the process
Let's not focus too much on being number one

Advertisement
Back