From the horses mouth: What golden must do to keep his job

### Former offensive line standout Vernon Carey: “Eight or nine wins. Time is running out. Just getting to a bowl is not good enough. Coaches tell me things are going to change. There were a lot of ‘me’ guys on the team last year but they’re changing the culture.”

Jeez, the coaches are even feeding this backstabbing to former players. Sickening.

..or the former players know a **** of a lot more about it than you do.

Advertisement
DJ williams and Duane Starks and Randal Hill all have balls. Other than that this is still a bunch of weak *** ****. 8 wins? A ******* "winning record and a reasonable bowl opportunity"? Are we ******* Oklahoma State now?

Not even close to OKSU:
2008 - 9-4
2009 - 9-4
2010 - 11-2
2011 - 12-1
2012 - 8-5
2013 - 10-3
2014 - 7-6

Advertisement
DJ williams and Duane Starks and Randal Hill all have balls. Other than that this is still a bunch of weak *** ****. 8 wins? A ******* "winning record and a reasonable bowl opportunity"? Are we ******* Oklahoma State now?

We wish we were Okla State. that's how pathetic it has gotten.

That was depressing. Just win 8 games and keep the kids from embarrassing the school off the field. Those are our standards. Mediocrity and participation trophies for all!

Advertisement
### Former offensive line standout Joaquin Gonzalez: “Win the games we’re supposed to win and have a shot at winning the tougher games. We should be beating Virginia, Pittsburgh and Duke; I don’t care how good those schools are becoming.”

"Joaquin said, " “Win the games we’re supposed to win and have a shot at winning the tougher games.", and we not doin' it! I'm hurt dog""- Ed Reed

How far we have fallen.....

Even as far as this program has fallen, with the amount of surrounding/incoming talent there is, all of a sudden a six win season can easily become nine. I think we all just need to be optimistic and hope for the best. Both on the field and off the field....

Advertisement
Even as far as this program has fallen, with the amount of surrounding/incoming talent there is, all of a sudden a six win season can easily become nine. I think we all just need to be optimistic and hope for the best. Both on the field and off the field....

Sorry. The staff has failed. I'm a firm believer you give a staff 3-4 years to do things their way unless they completely **** the bed, but that clock has ticked to zero for anybody that has been paying attention. Hope ain't going to get it done.

### Former offensive line standout Vernon Carey: “Eight or nine wins. Time is running out. Just getting to a bowl is not good enough. Coaches tell me things are going to change. There were a lot of ‘me’ guys on the team last year but they’re changing the culture.”

Jeez, the coaches are even feeding this backstabbing to former players. Sickening.

Your deduction abilities leave a lot to be desired. He's regurgitating what the coaches are telling him.

many curious items, including that a trustee said that the buyout "is no longer an impediment".

reading the comments to the story on the herald site, jackson stated that he didnt remember/know the exact amount, but the buyout amount dropped substantially between last year and this year. this leads me to conclude that with a 6-7 record and double digit draft picks/UDFAs in the NFL (evidence of ineptitude), the only impediment to firing golden was money.

as to the "we versus them" motto now being espoused by golden and the team for the 2015 season, this is nothing more than communist ideology which creates a false external threat (fan criticism) to deflect attention from the real issue (internal ineptitude).

Advertisement

Your deduction abilities leave a lot to be desired. He's regurgitating what the coaches are telling him.

Of course he is. You, a nobody on a 'Canes forum, knows more than a past player who has far greater access to the team. Got it.

LMAO. Right? Christ this guy is a moron. He really thinks when Carey said this:

Coaches tell me things are going to change. There were a lot of ‘me’ guys on the team last year but they’re changing the culture.”

that his second sentence is his own opinion on the team last season, not him elaborating on what the coaches told him would change? Jesus Christ dk you aren't only a pathetic wimp and permanent resident on Golden's ********, you're also a dimwitted retarded disappointed to your entire family.

Last edited:
What if UM gets to seven or eight wins but the season derails because of major injuries to its best players? What if the Hurricanes start slowly but finish on a significant winning streak?

Urban Meyer just won a national title with their 3rd string QB while UM is already setting up the excuse machine.

Advertisement
Back