From Inside the U earlier tonight on AD and Coach - David Lake

Advertisement
IF there's a concerted effort by the likes of Epstein (and others) to completely undermine the school and Frenk himself then anything short of a purge of these clowns from any association with the school should be considered a massive failure and a dereliction of duty by our actual administration.

This!

Who said the BOT is upset? One dude is upsetZ
That was my question as well. Seems like one dude who is marginalized to the point that he’s leaking obviously false info to the media. Yet he’s going to marshal the support of the entire BOT with a transparent effort to undermine the school president to save Manny’s job? That makes zero sense to me.

Seems to me Frenk had a wake up call, took the reigns, committed more money to athletics, canned Blake, marginalized the people holding us back, is taking some time to try to get this correct, and his process seems to be air tight in containing leaks. In other words, he’s doing exactly what 99% of people on here wanted him to do and everyone is freaking out. The odds of getting a good outcome with good process are at least decent. Seems like we should relax a bit and let it play out.

Jurich was never going to be hired. He’s the BBB, Will Muschamp, washed up dude with a side of extra baggage and no university president is tying his future to a guy with that history. Manny is not going to be retained. Dude needed his vote of confidence to recruit (if not an extension), he has half a staff and won’t be able to hire anyone worthwhile, the portal is firing up, his boss was fired, and the university has said nothing at all publicly to support him. If it’s 3 weeks total to get this thing headed in the right direction, it’s worth the time. No need to act hastily.

1638335634856.gif

Advertisement
For months we were clamoring for the U to "cut the head off the snake" aka Blake James. The more that comes out, the more I think this thing was a two headed snake and we overlooked one in Epstein. I don't care how many millions or billions this dude has ( I have no clue of what he does or who he is) but if he's working against the betterment of the program because he's up in his feels, well then off with his head too. Sounds like this guy is like Jerry Jones or Al Davis, a wanna be coach. If Jerry doesn't run off Jimmie, how many more SB's does he have?

Exactly. Why should I trust you David when you just said to not trust anything you read about this process? And lol at it not being a circus. A competent organization would have already fired Manny, hired Jurich, and told the search firm to go f their own face.
If you listened to his podcast last week, Lake was pretty ****ed about BOT member(s) leaking false information to the media. He read the letter he wrote to the anonymous BOT member(s), and basically threatened to name names of who is doing it. Evidently he know it is.

Lake is part of the media. He is also a Canes fan and wants the athletic department to succeed.

Advertisement
Why is this Epstein guy doing all of this?
Apparently his ***** size is directly related to how much "power" he can wield. Frenk neutered him when he fired his boy Blake without asking permission. So now he's pretty much acting like a ***** because his decision to hire Manny has failed and he's being told to go sit at the kids table while the adults fix his mess. That's my take at least.

If you listened to his podcast last week, Lake was pretty ****ed about BOT member(s) leaking false information to the media. He read the letter he wrote to the anonymous BOT member(s), and basically threatened to name names of who is doing it. Evidently he know it is.

Lake is part of the media. He is also a Canes fan and wants the athletic department to succeed.
He said in comments today that he has a sense of who is doing it and has named some of the suspects in threads but if sources tell him names, he’s going to name them (publicly I assume).

it's actually quite incredible how many times the university has struck out on the HC hire

I'd say completely whiffed 4 out of the last 5 (excluding Richt as I think he was the best choice at the time and at least got us back on track before manny drove us off the rails)

For months we were clamoring for the U to "cut the head off the snake" aka Blake James. The more that comes out, the more I think this thing was a two headed snake and we overlooked one in Epstein. I don't care how many millions or billions this dude has ( I have no clue of what he does or who he is) but if he's working against the betterment of the program because he's up in his feels, well then off with his head too. Sounds like this guy is like Jerry Jones or Al Davis, a wanna be coach. If Jerry doesn't run off Jimmie, how many more SB's does he have?
Al Davis was a pretty good coach and an even better evaluator in talent. Comparing him to Jerry Jones is an insult.

Advertisement

members over at 247 asked David why he hasn't called anyone out yet with everything that is being leaked. David is now saying he hasn't done so bc he doesn't know names.

so basically the "anonymous BoT members" called his bluff and he folded.

Apparently his ***** size is directly related to how much "power" he can wield. Frenk neutered him when he fired his boy Blake without asking permission. So now he's pretty much acting like a ***** because his decision to hire Manny has failed and he's being told to go sit at the kids table while the adults fix his mess. That's my take at least.
What a ******* weirdo.

Blake James loyalists and Manny Diaz supporters don’t like the potential for sweeping change within the athletic department and there are some hurt egos amongst the board of trustees after they were cut out of the loop on the decision to separate from Blake James. By leaking false information, it makes Miami’s AD and potential coaching search look like a circus, which it is not.
I will never understand how or why people like this are on the BOT at a major university. These people would rather burn down the ******* program than to lose some power and for this program to succeed. ******* bull**** man. That's what is so annoying about this whole thing. Some of these people would honestly rather put a puppet in place that keeps us at 8 wins a season than to bring people in that will bring this program to national prominance. Pretty disgusting imo. If the BOT don't care about this university enough to hire a TOP ******* AD/HC this school is so ****ed.

Advertisement
While not as bad as Jerry, he still interfered way too much. I mean he is 100% responsible for JaMarcus Russell being drafted while Lane Kiffen made it well known that he didn't want JaMarcus on the team.
Al Davis made the Raiders a playoff team and made them a Super Bowl champion with his roster building.

Al Davis is lightyears ahead of Jerry Jones. The one thing Al Davis didnt do was let go. Thats it.

Epstein basically made his money in the call center business. He chained desperate people to telephones in Dade County for pennies above minimum wage as they acted as outsourced "customer service" by reading scripts all day. If you ask me he should be brought up on human rights crimes.

Al Davis made the Raiders a playoff team and made them a Super Bowl champion with his roster building.

Al Davis is lightyears ahead of Jerry Jones. The one thing Al Davis didnt do was let go. Thats it.
Al Davis in his prime was a football genius. Jerry is an overgrown rich kid playing costume party as a football GM.

And I'm a Steelers fan that hates both of those franchises so I'm obviously being impartial about Davis.

Advertisement
Back