From Inside the U earlier tonight on AD and Coach - David Lake

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Manny has to hire new coordinators probably would be Mike Bobo who just got fired and Shoop guy will be promoted to DC

You see Manny isn't hiring a new offensive staff you hear no rumors about those vacancies so that should tell you all you need to know about the direction of the program
It could mean that Manny is planning to promote from within and the “consultants”…….

Advertisement
Maybe Miami pulls a top national AD, like USC pulled Riley.

Joe Castiglione, Oklahoma? (maybe he didn’t want to join the $EC either)
Dan Radakovich, Clemson?
Chris Del Conte, Texas?

Nah….

Last edited:
Exactly. Why should I trust you David when you just said to not trust anything you read about this process? And lol at it not being a circus. A competent organization would have already fired Manny, hired Jurich, and told the search firm to go f their own face.
@Cribby been saying the same things. That’s why.

Advertisement
David is just hedging that we hire a good A.D. He then assumes an upset BOT is going to rubber stamp the nomination.

Yeah, he's wrong.
Only if the whole BOT is upset. Vocal minorities can still get out voted, especially if there are strong voices in the majority.

Advertisement
It’s like a corporation. The Board elects/votes in a CEO. The CEO is tasked with running the day to day operations of the company. The Board makes big decisions quarterly, annually, or by a special meeting (executive officers, budgets, changing/amending by-laws, etc.). The fact that Frenk, without Board vote, canned Blake, suggests that he can make hiring decisions as well.
Yes, maybe, but would Frenk have spending authority to hire a new AD at, say, $1.5M?. Could the BOT kill the deal by budget, rather than by who Frenk wanted to hire? Hypothetically.

Yes, maybe, but would Frenk have spending authority to hire a new AD at, say, $1.5M?. Could the BOT kill the deal by budget, rather than by who Frenk wanted to hire? Hypothetically.
I don't think anyone knows for sure most I have seen suggestions that BOT approval is required for high salaried employees such as A.D. or Head Coach.

Advertisement
Back