From Barry Jackson article

1. QB play sucked
  2. OL play sucked
  3. TE was good when healthy
  4. WR its hard to excel when you combine points 1 and 2 above but Thomas is as good a player as any in the nation.

Advertisement
Thomas and Osborn will be the top two. Everyone else is fighting for the third spot. We sucked at receiver outside of Thomas last year. Don’t sugarcoat it. A lot of it was playing the wrong guys too. How does Hightower make a ridiculous jump ball catch for a touchdown against LSU and then he disappears? Insanity.

Running backs I kind of disagree. Our talent there is just fine and Dallas and homer both played well. Hampered by the system but they still put up stats.

i don't agree about the RBs and this guy doesn't mention the TE position at all. but richt def leaned towards taller and less athletic WRs.
I'm curious who you deem RICHT to have recruited at wr who's tall and less athletic? Only one you could be discussing is b cause other than Wiggins whos crazy athletic or peyton who's even more athletic than none of them match that criteria...

I'm curious who you deem RICHT to have recruited at wr who's tall and less athletic? Only one you could be discussing is b cause other than Wiggins whos crazy athletic or peyton who's even more athletic than none of them match that criteria...
exactly. he inherited cager and langham.

See I don’t think the RB’s nor the WR’s were utilized in the fashion they should’ve been to highlight and showcase their talents. I get the dig on the OL and QB positions. Oh well I hope Manny posts this up where all can see and read it, so that it can serve as a reminder and motivation for the entire team.
I was thinking the same thing. **** he should MAKE them read it. Torment them with it till they get motivated enough to make dude eat his words.

Advertisement
Whoever the scout is, he needs to STHU, and worry about his more than likely non-playoff nfl team. Alot of our o-line play these last few years had more to do with coach searels not assesing the best playing weight for guys to play at as well as gus. Our o-line guys need to be in better shape, which is why if donaldson stays healthy, he'll have a better year, the best thing that happened to him was moving to tackle, cause he concentrated on getting into better shape, which gave him better feet when he moved back to guard, helped him pull better. Probably our last best in shape o-line across the board was in 2014 when we had flowers, nick linder at guard (which was his best position), mcdermont at center, isadora and feliciano, and who was the o-line coach, art kehoe doing work with some of coach shannon's best recruits.

Also this wont sit well with the feminine community made up mostly of the star gazing and class ranking whores:

Diaz said last year on 560WQAM that he isn't concerned with where kids are ranked by certain services. He doubled down on that statement Wednesday

So if you can cut it in that league you can cut it anywhere. We say it all the time in our office. We say, 'Hey just imagine this guy playing in that league. If this guy was in the Dallas metroplex or in this area he would have 78 offers.' And that's why we have to sign the best recruiting class for Miami – not for Rivals and not for 247Sports. Nothing against those guys, but it's just different how guys are evaluated down here."

This is how you know we still on the way back, but now all the way:

Pretty sure D-Money posted we have the most o-linemen drafted since such n such year. So this makes no sense

Advertisement
(Quote from NFL exceutive about the Canes last year)

"They have poor to marginal quarterback play, average running backs and receivers, poor offensive line. Nowhere on offense were they above average. Not nearly as athletic as they been have in the past. Their speed has really [diminished]. I’ve never seen quarterback play worse at that program. There’s something wrong with their evaluation of offensive linemen. "

Somebody, please tell me again how Mork was good for the program.

(Quote from NFL exceutive about the Canes last year)

"They have poor to marginal quarterback play, average running backs and receivers, poor offensive line. Nowhere on offense were they above average. Not nearly as athletic as they been have in the past. Their speed has really [diminished]. I’ve never seen quarterback play worse at that program. There’s something wrong with their evaluation of offensive linemen. "
keep in mind most nfl evaluators only look at jrs/srs. they aren't looking at the sophmores/freshman. qb play is hard to miss how bad it was last year. and if oline doesn't block well its hard to tell how fast the rbs are but dallas/homer weren't slow.

keep in mind most nfl evaluators only look at jrs/srs. they aren't looking at the sophmores/freshman. qb play is hard to miss how bad it was last year. and if oline doesn't block well its hard to tell how fast the rbs are but dallas/homer weren't slow.

This is true

Advertisement
I still remember the civil war that broke out in the offseason leading up to the 2018 season.

There were soooo many people who defended Rosier all the **** time lol

For some reason a lot of people get all warm & fuzzy whenever he's brought up, but he was fckin horrendous, literally one of the 3 worst QB's I've ever seen in school history.

Why write this now? Where was this douche 6 months ago?

The media in S Fla sucks, ****, the whole media sucks.

Journalism, LOL Suck a bag of ****s.

Advertisement
I still remember the civil war that broke out in the offseason leading up to the 2018 season.

There were soooo many people who defended Rosier all the **** time lol

For some reason a lot of people get all warm & fuzzy whenever he's brought up, but he was fckin horrendous, literally one of the 3 worst QB's I've ever seen in school history.

Amen. I sure as **** know EXACTLY which side I was on. And there were posters on this board who told me I was full of **** for doubting him, then tried to use his stats to prove me wrong. I won't bother calling them out now. But lets just hope the next time there's smoke, they won't doubt that there's a fire.

Why write this now? Where was this douche 6 months ago?

The media in S Fla sucks, ****, the whole media sucks.

Journalism, LOL Suck a bag of ****s.
SFLA sports media has sucked since Edwin Pope. It’s like the Dolphins have sucked since Marino/Shula era, since The U/Butch era. The Herald has the biggest clowns, condescending, know-it-all, some of them. I’m surprised they get paid for the crap they write. Barry Jackson seems decent, still.

SFLA sports media has sucked since Edwin Pope. It’s like the Dolphins have sucked since Marino/Shula era, since The U/Butch era. The Herald has the biggest clowns, condescending, know-it-all, some of them. I’m surprised they get paid for the crap they write. Barry Jackson seems decent, still.

Yeah, BJ was calling out Richt, but only at the end when it was painfully obvious it was not working anymore. These "reporters" are told what to write any way.

Yep. Another clueless observation by a clueless scout. There are loads of them.

Advertisement
Back