From Another Coach: Manny's Problem

RedSquare

Freshman
one college head coach told me:

"manny is a smart guy and a hard worker. definitely dedicated to running a good program, and always thinking. his problem though is he tries to be friends with everyone. the twitter stuff, having his kids like him, which they do. that's a big thing with him. BUT, they aren't afraid of him enough. with my kids, i keep the right amount of distance to keep them afraid. enough of a distance where i can make sure that fear of me is always there, and they know it's real and they could always be benched, chewed out, kicked off the team, just cause i say so. manny doesn't have that, or at least, he needs more of it."

Advertisement
one college head coach told me:

"manny is a smart guy and a hard worker. definitely dedicated to running a good program, and always thinking. his problem though is he tries to be friends with everyone. the twitter stuff, having his kids like him, which they do. that's a big thing with him. BUT, they aren't afraid of him enough. with my kids, i keep the right amount of distance to keep them afraid. enough of a distance where i can make sure that fear of me is always there, and they know it's real and they could always be benched, chewed out, kicked off the team, just cause i say so. manny doesn't have that, or at least, he needs more of it."
I said to my friend laSt night. They like him but don’t fear him.

Advertisement
Manny needs to be gone. He should have been gone after last season.The problem is, this nitwit BOT and incompetent AD will just hire another hack lifetime coordinator from a MAC type school. THEY DON'T CARE!
Another two or three years of .500 at best teams, we'll be in the same spot, spinning our wheels and losing 55-0 to any team with a pulse.

Dabo benched his starting left tackle for having two false starts. Then promptly took out his whole starting offensive line the same play. hate that mf’er but he on some boss ****. Saban be up 30 yelling at players for giving up 3 yards on defense.

Here drop a pass get more reps to make up for it. Miss a tackle get more reps to miss more until you prove you can tackle. The culture is ran backwards here for some reason.

I see why they didn’t want Alonzo around this program. He would have shook up all this weak minded bs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Quite telling to see folks jumping back on the Manuela is a corch bandwagon.

Where are all the Mrs Diaz's now?

Can't wait to hear some of the revisonists and "I predicted this only after it happened".

Vroom. Vroom.

With that said, play this game 10 times and the result is the same in 9.

Lashlee does not yet have the athletes in place, particularly OL, to consistently compete with Clemson.

Again, while disappointing, I believe real progress can be made with wins in the rest of the schedule where there are almost guaranteed losses if the usual past decade Canes show up.

Advertisement
When your players don't fear you, you get these dumb lazy penalties and mental mistakes.

Manny is like a nerdy counselor at a Christian summer camp.
Exactly...they will start next week and be in on the next play. No fear from the top. I bet the players fear Ed Reed more than Manny.

Advertisement
Back