From Another Coach: Manny's Problem

Advertisement
This doesn't seem relevant to last nights game to me. Perhaps you could make an argument that the penalties were a result of this. But otherwise, we lost because we were outcoached and outschemed and to a much lesser extent due to talent gap. Neither of those things have anything to do with Manny being friends with the players.

Advertisement
Advertisement
one college head coach told me:

"manny is a smart guy and a hard worker. definitely dedicated to running a good program, and always thinking. his problem though is he tries to be friends with everyone. the twitter stuff, having his kids like him, which they do. that's a big thing with him. BUT, they aren't afraid of him enough. with my kids, i keep the right amount of distance to keep them afraid. enough of a distance where i can make sure that fear of me is always there, and they know it's real and they could always be benched, chewed out, kicked off the team, just cause i say so. manny doesn't have that, or at least, he needs more of it."
I hope Manny read this. He needs to know. You're a coach, not everyone's friend.

Advertisement
Amari Carter has been making the same mistake for 4 years, that’s unacceptable. Another year of our guys looking undisciplined and that has to fall on Manny.
I think there’s something wrong with him up there. He gets ejected for targeting every game. How stupid can you be? How stupid can Mandy be to keep playing him?

A 5 star starting tackle talked back to Dabo and he got his *** chewed out and benched.

Advertisement
Kid from Clemson got a penalty said something to Dabo or made gesture, Dabo took that *** out promptly. We reward dropped passes, misreads, penalties, etc...with more playing time. Its crazy
That stuck out to me immediately. That dude is their best OT and is going to be a high draft pick yet Dabo didn't even hesitate when he took him out

They’re all coming out and multiple “new” ones are registering.

Procrastinators, what is our 2021 forum troll recruiting cycle waiting for?

EDIT: Sign your LOIs, recruit!

1602436131939.png

Advertisement
Back