From a Very trusted source on Thomas

USF is a typical darkhorse for SoFla kids...not sure why it was a shock Pete ever said that.

Under Leavitt, especially, they had a habit of poaching a few players here and there especially since moving to the Big East. They would also take certain player's "boys" and they'd poach some mid-level (like those 3* kids that would otherwise go to somewhere like Louisville or would be a back end player of a large Miami/UF/FSU class).

I'm not disagreeing that USF is a darkhorse for some kids but usually we hear the kids talk about USF in interviews, correct me if I'm wrong but I have yet to see Thomas do that. Which is why I say BS to USF ever being a contender for Thomas.

Thomas has taken 6 visits to USF within the last year. That is all

How far away from USF is he?

Tampa is 4 hours away from Miami

Advertisement
I think its a done deal. He's a cane at heart. Unless something drastic happens he's a Cane. Where he belongs

USF is a typical darkhorse for SoFla kids...not sure why it was a shock Pete ever said that.

Under Leavitt, especially, they had a habit of poaching a few players here and there especially since moving to the Big East. They would also take certain player's "boys" and they'd poach some mid-level (like those 3* kids that would otherwise go to somewhere like Louisville or would be a back end player of a large Miami/UF/FSU class).

I'm not disagreeing that USF is a darkhorse for some kids but usually we hear the kids talk about USF in interviews, correct me if I'm wrong but I have yet to see Thomas do that. Which is why I say BS to USF ever being a contender for Thomas.

,Thomas has taken 6 visits to USF within the last year. That is all
Stop dignifying the idiots with responses Pete

To add, just because I question whether USF was a contender or not is not idiotic. The kid hasn't talked about them none so again color me skeptical. What's idiotic is you on Pete's ******* like he can't be questioned.

To be fair, he hasn't talked much about any schools and been focused on BTW actual season. Yes, Miami and FSU are the front runners, everyone knows that. USF was mentioned by Pete as a "darkhorse" means exactly that.. The team that is basically unknown and is very little talked about or has little chance of actually winning. Look up the definition of darkhorse if you want to.

People forget about Kayvon Webster. Not that he was a 5 star recruit like Thomas...but he was committed to Miami until he faxed in his LOI to USF.

Also, Elkino Watson, Todd Chandler among others.

Also Ryan Giddens was thought to be 100% UF but USF landed him and Pierre Paul

Thomas has taken 6 visits to USF within the last year. That is all

How far away from USF is he?

Booker T is in Miami. USF is in Tampa. so 4 hours buddy

Advertisement

People forget about Kayvon Webster. Not that he was a 5 star recruit like Thomas...but he was committed to Miami until he faxed in his LOI to USF.

Also, Elkino Watson, Todd Chandler among others.

Also Ryan Giddens was thought to be 100% UF but USF landed him and Pierre Paul

I was just focusing on SoFla players, but USF has poached a bunch of kids from around the state...more during Leavitt's final few years than the Holtz error, but they were doing well at getting guys who were secondary targets for the big three, making them their #1 and recruiting the **** out of them. It is why in Florida, you gotta recruit real hard, even the second and third tier guys you want, because you got USF, UCF, and other OOS programs (like Ole Miss or Louisville, Marshall) that are willing to take guys that are having trouble qualifying, kids that want to play with their friends, kids that want to be a big fish in a small pond, etc. More options out there and the big three have all felt that sting over the past 5-6 years at some point.

15.gif

Kids like 6 are the reason why Golden wants to stay here for a long time no matter the sanctions. Al knows that if he can walk out of his office and drive 10 minutes to recruit kids like this and them still want to come here even with the **** we're in, once we're past all this and he's running a tight ship, he is going to be King **** recruiter.

It's been said, but it bares repeating. Golden Gets It.

Advertisement
now the U is gonna be like a minor league for the NFL

that was actually never in doubt.

even when we were sucking donkey d!cks, dudes like DVD, Gordon were getting drafted.

guys who didn't do much here, Shields, McCarthy, Graham are doing well and/or tearing up the league right now.

even when we were sucking donkey d!cks, dudes like DVD, Gordon were getting drafted.

guys who didn't do much here, Shields, McCarthy, Graham are doing well and/or tearing up the league right now.

Graham was good in 2009 especially towards the end of the season he scored 6 tds and it was his 1st season of football since his freshman year of hs.. McCarthy was good here i don't understand what some people didn't watch him his jr and sr year he made 2nd team all acc both years and had 18 tackles against GT his sr year. The kid was just hurt alot early in his career. Some guys just don't watch or go to UM games so thats probably why.. But Shields your right defintely didn't do much here and is a solid cb in the league.

Advertisement

McCarthy didn't do much here? I definitely disagree with that.

I will give u Shields, maybe Graham...but Colin ****** McCarthy did quite well while at Miami.

I will give u Shields, maybe Graham...but Colin ****in McCarthy did quite well while at Miami.

Not Dan Morgan = He sucked

Advertisement
The problem for Sam Shields is that Shannon had him at WR up until is junior year... it was only during his senior year that they switched him to DB which has obviously shown to be his more natural position

The problem for Sam Shields is that Shannon had him at WR up until is junior year... it was only during his senior year that they switched him to DB which has obviously shown to be his more natural position

It wasn't Shannon... Shields didnt want to move to corner until his senior year... They tried to convert him during his sophomore year but he was stuck on being a receiver... People overlook his senior year but he made plays for us... Wake 09 is a good example... He only had one bad game and that was against OU stud wideout who made everyone look like a fool... CMAC killed it here his last two years... Our fans love AB for KSU but Cmac stats were pretty much the same... And as for Graham can we really say he was unproductive? It was his first year playing football since the 9th grade and outside of the VT game he performed well for us... I wish Whipple would have used him more towards the end of that season... 6 tds is a lot...

I will give u Shields, maybe Graham...but Colin ****** McCarthy did quite well while at Miami.

McCarthy played out of position alot too. Just like Orlando Franklin, he took one for the team and played a position he wasn't best suited for because of depth.

Advertisement
Back