Friday Recruiting Chatter - 11/30

View as article
Last 2 years we got our number 1 targets, This years a weak class wtf do you expect.
No I know this is a weak class tbh I only actually like 3 qbs in this whole class but if you're a qb coach you should lead the recruitment and visits for the qbs or else your job is just a figurehead title to recruits

Advertisement
Just offer Howell and McIver. Don’t need to wait. We’ll wait ourselves out of a QB. This staff never learns
Completely agree. Just offer both. Wouldn't mind the Texas Tech kid and Kliff Kingsbury as OC, but it looks like Kingsbury is going to USC.

Last 2 years we got our number 1 targets, This years a weak class wtf do you expect.

This is just a patently false statement. We flipped Williams after the season and didn't start recruiting him until November after all our other options committed elsewhere. Calling him our #1 target is beyond a stretch; it's flat out wrong.

Our local recruiting always makes me scratch my head.

*We need a QB and we're not even sniffing Jesse Rivera, the best 2019 Quarterback in Broward. Right in our backyard, 6'3" and has an offer from Pitt.

*We need DT's and we're not pursuing Brandon Dorlus, who is arguably the best in Broward. Instead we're looking in New York? LOL

Must be something I don't know.

Advertisement

*We need a QB and we're not even sniffing Jesse Rivera, the best 2019 Quarterback in Broward. Right in our backyard, 6'3" and has an offer from Pitt.

*We need DT's and we're not pursuing Brandon Dorlus, who is arguably the best in Broward. Instead we're looking in New York? LOL

Yup. Staff is showing that it's beyond hesitant when it comes to expanding the recruiting board - and usually won't do so until it's too late.

Dorlus is really frustrating. If he's good enough for an offer from Bud Foster, he should be good enough for Miami.

This is just a patently false statement. We flipped Williams after the season and didn't start recruiting him until November after all our other options committed elsewhere. Calling him our #1 target is beyond a stretch; it's flat out wrong.
We werent targetting anyone else. We already had our target, dropped him, and then targetted another guy and got him. So youre wrong.

Yea what you dont know is that the kids from New York are better and Jesse Rivera sucks

Just looked at Rivera's senior highlight film (3rd video down: https://ww.hudl.com/profile/10738544/Jesse-Rivera). Looks okay. Is he getting more D1 interest besides Pitt?

Advertisement

I havent checked out Rivera yet, what do you think of Daniel Richardson?

No offense, but you thought Dorito was a good DC so your opinion on evaluating talent doesn't hold much weight around here

Advertisement
We werent targetting anyone else. We already had our target, dropped him, and then targetted another guy and got him. So youre wrong.

No, I'm not; it can't be a moving target.

Sitkowski was recruited and committed. The staff accepted that commitment and only dropped him when it turned out he stunk.

To turn around and say "but Williams was our #1 guy all along!" is intellectually dishonest.

Advertisement
Yep that’s how it’s going to be.

No, it's been said in the Haselwood thread that he will announce 1/5 and enroll shortly thereafter at a school, but will not sign 12/19. And it makes sense. There's no way in **** you can keep a lid on a kid this big for 2 weeks. Everyone for sure would know where he faxed his LOI way before he announces at the AA game. If he really wants to keep it suspenseful, he can't sign on 12/19.

We might have dropped bags for Hasselwood. I can’t see how in gods name of all that is holy would he wanna play here.

Oddly enough, some kids actually make business decisions and don't just cry like teenage girls at every little thing that happens. I know, it's foreign to most of you. But it happens.

So we can have a new york movement but not a west coast movement with all the kids dee said wanted to come here?

@Stefan Adams Thank you for the recruiting update but can you explain to me why Jon and Searels are still on the staff? In addition, have you heard anything about Richt bringing in an OC this off-season? I appreciate any information you can provide.
Theyre keeping john so we dont lose any of the qbs committed. Oh wait..

Advertisement
Back