Frenk to meet with UM Coaches

Meaningless.

This was likely something that was a prepared event just so the vato communista could look good for us mouth breathers.

What do you think he's going to say to them?

4lCp3Br_zpsloxaiygw.gif

Advertisement
Gotta love that athletics/football came up at the initial press conf.

People hate on her, but SMD asked the question. Props to her.

I'm certainly not a fan of the overall quality of her work but you're right- at least she broached the subject. All these other clowns like The Feast and Reynolds Wrap are too busy constructing strawmen and false choices in the tone of "football isn't the top priority of a university president!"...as if it has to be to run a successful program.

“I will say that I see athletics as an integral part of a comprehensive education. To me, it is part of the educational experience of our students and I value that part of the educational experience,” Frenk said. “I look forward to understanding better and talking with many of the key players, in more than one sense of the word. … I enjoy football very much, having studied at the University of Michigan. I was there five years because I did a PhD so I moved closer and closer to the 50-yard-line. … It is a game I enjoyed very much and it’s part of my respect to the University and my conviction that this is a key part of a comprehensive education that I look very much forward to that part of my new job starting on Sept. 1.”

Puck me. I swear I've heard this exact same speech or a variation thereof like 8 times now.

“I will say that I see athletics as an integral part of a comprehensive education. To me, it is part of the educational experience of our students and I value that part of the educational experience,” Frenk said. “I look forward to understanding better and talking with many of the key players, in more than one sense of the word. … I enjoy football very much, having studied at the University of Michigan. I was there five years because I did a PhD so I moved closer and closer to the 50-yard-line. … It is a game I enjoyed very much and it’s part of my respect to the University and my conviction that this is a key part of a comprehensive education that I look very much forward to that part of my new job starting on Sept. 1.”

Puck me. I swear I've heard this exact same speech or a variation thereof like 8 times now.

Exactly. You could be talking about intramural sports by using that type of verbiage. It doesn't mean anything either way- good or bad.

I have no reason to not take him at his word at this point and hopefully athletics really do mean something to him. Time will ultimately tell.

Now carry on with the bashing of the guy since it's clear that what anyone says on the subject doesn't matter to some.

Advertisement
I have no reason to not take him at his word at this point and hopefully athletics really do mean something to him. Time will ultimately tell.

Now carry on with the bashing of the guy since it's clear that what anyone says on the subject doesn't matter to some.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Unless I'm missing what everyone else is reading into his comments, he just said sports' existence was integral. That's it. Food is integral too but there is a lot of distance on the spectrum between Waygu beef and Top Ramen. He didn't even trot out the press conference boilerplate of, "We want to be successful on and off the field" or something similar.

"Well I'm sure he wants to win, why wouldn't he want to win?" As Shalala just proved over the past decade, simply wanting to win isn't an adequate substitute for knowing how, or doing what it takes to actually win.

Advertisement
How many poorly racists jokes are the mods going to allow

We are all citizens of the globe.

This is the new Miami.

Dorado.

Frenk: "I am a ciizen of the Globe"

Does everybody realize that Frenk's mother is Spanish, i.e. Iberian peninusula in EUROPE? Frenk is not exactly the most popular Mexican surname either; His dad was German, i.e. from Germany in EUROPE? He is not even Mesitizo like the majority of the Mexican population (a population which generally prides itself on a its Native American heritige)

In the left's all important identity politics, he would be a Euro-Mexican.

Listening to him gives me feeling of home. Spanish doctor who despite living her for years can barely be understood through his accent(Cuban Father-in-law, great MD, could never understand why I didn't speak Spanish). Well, at least he has good excuse for not being a good speaker, unlike Donna, Bush II, and Obama. If an effort to give the guy some slack while I can, his wife is not bad looking for someone married to an old looking dude like him.

All he has to say in English is

1. Senor Golden, GTFOH! and

2. Butch! Welcome home!

I'm good with that.

Advertisement
Listening to him gives me feeling of home. Spanish doctor who despite living her for years can barely be understood through his accent(Cuban Father-in-law, great MD, could never understand why I didn't speak Spanish). Well, at least he has good excuse for not being a good speaker, unlike Donna, Bush II, and Obama. If an effort to give the guy some slack while I can, his wife is not bad looking for someone married to an old looking dude like him.

VIOLATION

Oh crap, not again! Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. Might have missed the update, has AARP gotten "old" declared the "o" word? If so, I am old, doesn't that mean I can use it? I am so confused.

I don't understand you guys... Imo his accent isn't heavy enough to not be able to understand him

Apparently you haven't been around very long. You see, the criticism doesn't have to be real or founded in fact...they just want to have something to criticize. So because he is an academic-focused hire (shocking, isn't it, for a university to have an academic focus), that means he is a "communist" (love how supposed "moderators" can freely troll the board with that garbage) who is likely *** and has an unintelligible accent.

Advertisement
It's obvious the University should make an academic hire. Not someone that is put in place solely to drive the success of the football team. The President should actually be someone who gets out of the way of the AD and let him be the navigator of its success/failure.

The issue I already have with Frenk is that he believes "that the program was on the right track". So basically, we're stuck with Golden and James for another year (at least) which equates to our football program being F-ed for the foreseeable future.

It's obvious the University should make an academic hire. Not someone that is put in place solely to drive the success of the football team. The President should actually be someone who gets out of the way of the AD and let him be the navigator of its success/failure.

The issue I already have with Frenk is that he believes "that the program was on the right track". So basically, we're stuck with Golden and James for another year (at least) which equates to our football program being F-ed for the foreseeable future.

It's way too early to say what effect, good, bad, or none at all, he will have on the football program. That doesn't change the fact that the responses about him being "communist", not being understandable because of his accent, being probably ***, etc. are all just plain stupid and yet another example of how childish and ignorant this fanbase can be.

It's great news that our new president is going to meet with our coaches to reassure them and tell them to stay immersed in the process. When you get outside the process you get miserable.

Advertisement
Back