Frank Ponce

Advertisement
Every time i hear "Broyles Award"...

danny-lloyd-the-shining.gif

Currently has a Top 15 offense at App State two years removed from having the 22nd ranked offense in America. He was just named a semifinalist for the Broyles award yet some of you were praying that Mario didn't hire him as OC.

What am I missing here?
I tried telling y’all! He had a top ranked offense there before and now after coming here he is back to an elite offense. All these people on here saying he was trash. He was handcuffed by Shattis. Shattis ran the show and would override dude.

If Dawson leaves I bet this is who he hires.
Would be a hard sell Miami
In all seriousness - Mario could’ve done this without firing Gattis during the season with like 4 games left.nba just strip him of call duties the way Deion did Lewis. It was discussed plenty here.

Once again, Mario’s bad judgement reigns and he didn’t give himself or anyone else the opportunity for Ponce to show something. We will never know. Let’s move on.
Mario would have belittled Gattis like that, he still had some respect to not do that to him. he was either going to let him continue calling the offense or fire him he choose to let him keep calling plays. I agree with Mario on that you don’t do what Deion did and demote a guy fire him or let him finish the season in his position.

Advertisement
I get looking for hires, but until Mario tells every potential coordinator that said coordinator will run the show and Mario stays completely out of it, nothing will change.

We could have the second coming of Bill Walsh and Mario would tell him "we need some more runs on the inside, I want to weaken the DL, so do it".

Bring someone in that doesn't run the RPO without pass option. Tired of seeing my QB look around like he is going to pass and never does. When you run that garbage it removes the play action pass from the play book. Still a lethal play that freezes LB's and opens up the middle of the field.
Also getting under center on short yardage

Refreshing part about all these Miami connection threads is it really wont matter who we hire as OC because of the main Miami connection hire we made

Advertisement
In all seriousness - Mario could’ve done this without firing Gattis during the season with like 4 games left.nba just strip him of call duties the way Deion did Lewis. It was discussed plenty here.

Once again, Mario’s bad judgement reigns and he didn’t give himself or anyone else the opportunity for Ponce to show something. We will never know. Let’s move on.
you beat me to it, that would have been the best case scenario for Mario. Showcase his displeasure with the offense (for us dying fans) and promote Ponce and see what that **** could do. Apparently Deion has the marbles to do so, Mario seemingly just sticks to his original game plan 'til his skull cracks from running into a wall.

Keep in mind that Ponce and Gattis had a serious difference of opinion on how to handle progress and development. Ponce believed that quarterbacks should be taught how to read the defense but Gattis felt that someone just needed to be able to read the defensive signs. :beedog2:

Currently has a Top 15 offense at App State two years removed from having the 22nd ranked offense in America. He was just named a semifinalist for the Broyles award yet some of you were praying that Mario didn't hire him as OC.

What am I missing here?
Show me their scheddy first and what type of dlines they go up against. Not saying he isn’t any good but I have the feeling they go up against women DLines, having all day to go through reads.

Advertisement
Would be a hard sell Miami

Mario would have belittled Gattis like that, he still had some respect to not do that to him. he was either going to let him continue calling the offense or fire him he choose to let him keep calling plays. I agree with Mario on that you don’t do what Deion did and demote a guy fire him or let him finish the season in his position.

Worked out real well for us and is currently paying dividends as we speak.

I get what you're saying but his approach with coaches - hiring and firing - has been horrendous.

Mario gets no kool aid points for being classy, and neither does UM.

Worked out real well for us and is currently paying dividends as we speak.

I get what you're saying but his approach with coaches - hiring and firing - has been horrendous.

Mario gets no kool aid points for being classy, and neither does UM.
The gattis situation was a no win situation you couldn’t really fire him in season because it was year one and you couldn’t demote because his reputation would take a hit

Next year's assistant coaches class will be loaded.
Had people higher on the board.
Wasn't a take.
Dodged a bullet.
Bag$

CS lingo universal af.

Advertisement
Show me their scheddy first and what type of dlines they go up against. Not saying he isn’t any good but I have the feeling they go up against women DLines, having all day to go through reads.
He's playing against teams with similar talent levels to his team. It's not like he has Georgia's roster and he's beating up on G5 teams.

He's playing against teams with similar talent levels to his team. It's not like he has Georgia's roster and he's beating up on G5 teams.
I agree but in places like that they never see DLs like in the south. Not even on the west coast you see DLs like the south. So more open space and places like that u get faster turn arounds. IMO that is

I agree but in places like that they never see DLs like in the south. Not even on the west coast you see DLs like the south. So more open space and places like that u get faster turn arounds. IMO that is
I mean, they’re in North Carolina.

Advertisement
Back