Frank Ponce

Advertisement
****-that-*****-****-you.gif

Advertisement
Bring someone in that doesn't run the RPO without pass option. Tired of seeing my QB look around like he is going to pass and never does. When you run that garbage it removes the play action pass from the play book. Still a lethal play that freezes LB's and opens up the middle of the field.

Currently has a Top 15 offense at App State two years removed from having the 22nd ranked offense in America. He was just named a semifinalist for the Broyles award yet some of you were praying that Mario didn't hire him as OC.

What am I missing here?

Offense looks good…Balanced run and pass. first year QB (juco kid, I believe?)

28 sp+
37 fei

For reference the only G5 offense that rank higher in sp+ are:
Memphis (17)
Liberty (21)
SMU (22)
JMU (26)

Not a case for or against him. But they do have a nice offense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ponce probably is solid but to Mario he’s a yes man. Need someone with a bit more white hair who can’t be bossed around

He runs a power spread problem is he got hired with gattis Mario couldn’t promote him as that would not have gone well with the fan base, best chance was for Mario to fire gattis in season and give Ponce the chance back then. I think Mario’s original plan was to have Ponce as Co-Oc with Bryan McClendon but then Bryan left to Georgia and the rest is history. Ponce’s offensive system fits Mario better than gattis and Dawson offensive systems do
In all seriousness - Mario could’ve done this without firing Gattis during the season with like 4 games left.nba just strip him of call duties the way Deion did Lewis. It was discussed plenty here.

Once again, Mario’s bad judgement reigns and he didn’t give himself or anyone else the opportunity for Ponce to show something. We will never know. Let’s move on.

Advertisement
In all seriousness - Mario could’ve done this without firing Gattis during the season with like 4 games left.nba just strip him of call duties the way Deion did Lewis. It was discussed plenty here.

Once again, Mario’s bad judgement reigns and he didn’t give himself or anyone else the opportunity for Ponce to show something. We will never know. Let’s move on.
I'm sure the timing of the Gattis departure was 100% money related. If Miami really did get out of his contract.

Currently has a Top 15 offense at App State two years removed from having the 22nd ranked offense in America. He was just named a semifinalist for the Broyles award yet some of you were praying that Mario didn't hire him as OC.

What am I missing here?
A desire to come to Coral Gables.

20 PPG is Miami's cursed ceiling.

FYZICAL though.

Advertisement
I'm sure the timing of the Gattis departure was 100% money related. If Miami really did get out of his contract.
Yeah, there was a termination for Cause or something to that effect.

Advertisement
Back