Frank Ponce

JZCane0825

All ACC
Premium
Currently has a Top 15 offense at App State two years removed from having the 22nd ranked offense in America. He was just named a semifinalist for the Broyles award yet some of you were praying that Mario didn't hire him as OC.

What am I missing here?

Advertisement
IMG_7847.gif

@Memnon

Advertisement
He runs a power spread problem is he got hired with gattis Mario couldn’t promote him as that would not have gone well with the fan base, best chance was for Mario to fire gattis in season and give Ponce the chance back then. I think Mario’s original plan was to have Ponce as Co-Oc with Bryan McClendon but then Bryan left to Georgia and the rest is history. Ponce’s offensive system fits Mario better than gattis and Dawson offensive systems do

Advertisement
Currently has a Top 15 offense at App State two years removed from having the 22nd ranked offense in America. He was just named a semifinalist for the Broyles award yet some of you were praying that Mario didn't hire him as OC.

What am I missing here?
Didn’t we go thru this nonesense a couple weeks ago

Advertisement
Honestly, with the whole Gattis debacle last year. I thought Mario was going to promote Ponce once Gattis dipped.
Everyone here feared that happening and if it did CIS would have reached epic levels of toxicity. As someone said above, if that was on Mario's radar then Gattis should have been encouraged to have health problems during the bye week and promote Ponce to play caller for the remainder of the season (nowhere likely though).

Advertisement

What am I missing here?
I know what you mean. A couple years ago when Jedd Fisch was suggested as an OC for the 2nd time, porsters were like "no way ...pass!" 🤣

If they have played, watched, talked about, coached, tweeted and/or retweeted, double tapped on IG, Facebook shared, thought about or dreamt of the sport that is American Football on or within a 25 mile radius of campus before,

NO.

If they have played, watched, talked about, coached, tweeted and/or retweeted, double tapped on IG, Facebook shared, thought about or dreamt of the sport that is American Football on or within a 25 mile radius of campus before,

NO.
Not a Kevin Beard fan?

Advertisement
Back