Confirmed Frank Ponce hired as QB Coach

Advertisement
Vince Carter Basketball GIF by NBA

This was Jimmy Johnson's 1988 staff:

View attachment 177294

Yeah but they are only a murderer's row in hindsight. Many of those guys had mediocre resumes when they were hired to Miami. On Day 1, Mario's staff is much more accomplished IMO. Now they have to go out and have careers that end up matching what JJ's squad did (long shot), but what MC has put together is incredible.

Advertisement
Some great spin zones going on in here. App states offense scored 10 points against Miami and 16 points in 2021. So either 1. Diazā€™s defense is good, 2. ponce stinks, or 3. itā€™s because of the talent gap.

1. We all know Diazā€™s defense isnā€™t good unless itā€™s generating turnovers.

2. Ponce stinks

3. Talent gap is possible, but if so that explains why chase Brice saw a dramatic improvement in his numbers going from P5 ACC to G5 Sun belt.

The three main guys ponce has worked with are.

1. Taylor Lamb 2014 - 2017 - no real development numbers wise.

2. Malik Cunningham 2019 - 2020 - saw his numbers go down in his second year working with Ponce

3. Chase Brice - see above

If Ponce wasnā€™t a Miami guy and him and Mario didnā€™t have a prior relationship he wouldnā€™t even be a candidate here.
1.) doesnā€™t matter heā€™s not the OC or even Co-OC

2.) who would you prefer? I mean dude has a nice resume and was as a decent G5 play calling OC

3.) He saw improvement because he got better coaching and an OC who worked with his strengths?

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is what fvckin feels like.

We are fvckin.
No joke but it DOES feel like ******' to take a hire that many of us would've hated (Ponce as OC) and to turn it in to one that many of us love (Ponce as QB Coach). To not settle and to have realllll solid people in the roles where they currently belong if you actually are trying to establish a national championship caliber staff.

******-fantastic.

Sometimes its not the eyes that show the man but the skin. The skin is the real "eyes to the soul." I have felt this skin and there is an unbound demon underneath, pulsating, violent urgency, wreckless sugared mist. Ready to release the sweet humidity of a man on to another. Ponce and I have sat in a 137 degree Lakota Sweat Lodge in the Black Hills. The things we explored that afternoon tell a story of the last Great War, I absorbed him, he absorbed me, and the Devil danced outside our tent with his acrid pendulous front-tail lashing the Buffalo skin now dripping with uremic salt-stained juices of the two of us .
GIF by Name That Tune

Advertisement
Some great spin zones going on in here. App states offense scored 10 points against Miami and 16 points in 2021. So either 1. Diazā€™s defense is good, 2. ponce stinks, or 3. itā€™s because of the talent gap.

1. We all know Diazā€™s defense isnā€™t good unless itā€™s generating turnovers.

2. Ponce stinks

3. Talent gap is possible, but if so that explains why chase Brice saw a dramatic improvement in his numbers going from P5 ACC to G5 Sun belt.

The three main guys ponce has worked with are.

1. Taylor Lamb 2014 - 2017 - no real development numbers wise.

2. Malik Cunningham 2019 - 2020 - saw his numbers go down in his second year working with Ponce

3. Chase Brice - see above

If Ponce wasnā€™t a Miami guy and him and Mario didnā€™t have a prior relationship he wouldnā€™t even be a candidate here.
Is this satire?

Advertisement
Back