Frank Ladson [is not hurt]

Hopefully Ladson and Redding get their respective degrees and become solid members of society. As college football or any next level football is not a sustainable path to playing success for these two. Perhaps coaching..No knock on them, just cold facts how hard it is to excel at the next level…

Advertisement
So far wr looks like

X: Colbie-Horton-Ladson
Y: X-Rayray/Brashard
Z: Colby-Harell-Robby

Haven’t seen much rotation, but i have seen those guys get snaps besides ladson I haven’t seen him at all
I'm surprised we haven't taken a shot with Harrell but it's all good. He will get his chances.

We're saving him for Temple. Big week coming.
If the rumors about Harrell being great at catching a wet ball in the middle of a tropical storm when it’s 55 degrees outside are true then…

1695319452722.gif

So far wr looks like

X: Colbie-Horton-Ladson
Y: X-Rayray/Brashard
Z: Colby-Harell-Robby

Haven’t seen much rotation, but i have seen those guys get snaps besides ladson I haven’t seen him at all
I've seem Ladson. He got snaps last game at the end. Pretty sure he got some snaps game 1 too.

Just hasn't had a pass thrown to him yet.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hopefully Ladson and Redding get their respective degrees and become solid members of society. As college football or any next level football is not a sustainable path to playing success for these two. Perhaps coaching..No knock on them, just cold facts how hard it is to excel at the next level…
And yet another example of a missed "star rating" evaluation.

Our passing attack has been incredibly concentrated through 3 games. Far more than it ever had been in the past, imo. It’s clear Dawson and Beard feel that their top 3 are the clear cut best 3 right now, and they’re rolling with them. Plus I expect Arroyo to be a huge piece of the passing game as well, but he’s not ready yet.

TVD has 75 completions through 3 games. Restrepo, Young, and George have caught 48 of those balls. That’s 64% of your passing attack going to your three wide receivers. Nobody else on the team has more than 4 catches. The rotations at WR have shortened considerably with this staff. Ladson isn’t as good as those kids, nor as explosive as Brashard and Ray Ray, so he’s not playing much. It is what it is.
I’m actually a huge fan of not rotating a lot of WRs. Find your top 4-5 and rock out! It allows for TVD to have that chemistry and creates competition in the room.

Advertisement
obviously the staff only feels comfortable with colbie, George, X, Horton and smith as of now.

I don’t mind it if they put in work in the offseason to garner that respect and trust… hopefully the young guys like Robby and RayRay feel that expectation and push themselves because they are very talented

Ladson is finishing his education for free and has a leg up on 98% of his peers to leave college debt free. On a side not, hopefully he is practicing his balls off and stays ready

Advertisement
Another poster mentioned it but I have seen Frank engaged on the sidelines and even near the huddles on the sidelines during timeouts and encouraging teammates. That’s commendable. I hope he keeps that up. I haven’t noticed Redding anywhere so i have no opinion there

I can’t think about guys like Ladson or Redding without remembering Darrell Langham. All it takes is one play to make a career remembered. Hope they get one.
This is ne of the best posts I've read here on CIS. These young men need to keep working and be ready. Continue to push or make those in front of you push harder. Having the opportunity to play college football at the U makes you a winner in my book. Unless.......you do some stupid ****

Advertisement
Back