Frank Ladson [is not hurt]

I’m curious where they’re going to go with the WR4 position. It looks like they want Horton to grab it. Brashard has looked good in limited action. The freshmen don’t look quite ready and Harrell is missing in action. I wonder if he’s been dropping a lot of passes in practice.
Horton and Brashard play 2 different positions.

Advertisement
Sueprising to who? You cant utter Ladson isn't very good in one sentence then mention Redding as if he is any better.

That’s fair. My perspective is that Redding at least logged more snaps and had more plays than Ladson last year and he’s been praised often by the coaches as a great lockeroom guy.

Possession WR with good size but just ok speed and inconsistent hands historically. Washed out at Clemson and passed up here. Is what it is. Still decent depth at least.
"Possession WR with good size but just ok speed and historically inconsistent hands."

Fixed it for you.

Our passing attack has been incredibly concentrated through 3 games. Far more than it ever had been in the past, imo. It’s clear Dawson and Beard feel that their top 3 are the clear cut best 3 right now, and they’re rolling with them. Plus I expect Arroyo to be a huge piece of the passing game as well, but he’s not ready yet.

TVD has 75 completions through 3 games. Restrepo, Young, and George have caught 48 of those balls. That’s 64% of your passing attack going to your three wide receivers. Nobody else on the team has more than 4 catches. The rotations at WR have shortened considerably with this staff. Ladson isn’t as good as those kids, nor as explosive as Brashard and Ray Ray, so he’s not playing much. It is what it is.
Two WR over 1k isnt out of the question..

Advertisement
I've been frustrated for years watching us rotate in different sets of WR's as if it wasn't fairly obvious who the more talented guys are. Worried about feelings disguised behind the "keeping people fresh" bullsh*t

Beard and Dawson aren't worrying about getting everyone snaps. They are worried about getting the most out of every snap.

Play the best guys and make it clear become one of the best if you want to play.

We are operating like a legit team now. More like an NFL team where your best players play the bulk of the snaps. Agreed in past years we had coaches rotating starters and backups every other series like we had 5 star depth everywhere. Best players were playing 50% of snaps

Tried telling you guys

Provides good depth in my opinion. Could do a lot worse than him if guys get hurt. It is what it is. Sometimes the highly recruited don’t pan out for whatever reason and thats okay. Get that education, be part of something bigger than yourself and be ready to go at all times.

Both y'all correct

Great Job Applause GIF by NBPA

Advertisement
Advertisement
Before this thread, I would have said Ladson retired or transferred and that Michael Redding definitely transferred. Can't find these boys with a search party.

Advertisement
So far wr looks like

X: Colbie-Horton-Ladson
Y: X-Rayray/Brashard
Z: Colby-Harell-Robby

Haven’t seen much rotation, but i have seen those guys get snaps besides ladson I haven’t seen him at all

Advertisement
Back