Frank Ladson [is not hurt]

Advertisement
Where is Frank Ladson?
He's on the bench buried in the depth chart. I would have thought that was obvious. After watching the first three games I would say that there are at least 10 and possibly more options ahead of him in the passing game not counting the RBs.

Young
Horton
George
Restrepo
Smith
Joseph
Washington
Redding
Kirk
Arroyo
Skinner
Williams
McCormick

Last edited:
Our passing attack has been incredibly concentrated through 3 games. Far more than it ever had been in the past, imo. It’s clear Dawson and Beard feel that their top 3 are the clear cut best 3 right now, and they’re rolling with them. Plus I expect Arroyo to be a huge piece of the passing game as well, but he’s not ready yet.

TVD has 75 completions through 3 games. Restrepo, Young, and George have caught 48 of those balls. That’s 64% of your passing attack going to your three wide receivers. Nobody else on the team has more than 4 catches. The rotations at WR have shortened considerably with this staff. Ladson isn’t as good as those kids, nor as explosive as Brashard and Ray Ray, so he’s not playing much. It is what it is.

Advertisement
I've been frustrated for years watching us rotate in different sets of WR's as if it wasn't fairly obvious who the more talented guys are. Worried about feelings disguised behind the "keeping people fresh" bullsh*t

Beard and Dawson aren't worrying about getting everyone snaps. They are worried about getting the most out of every snap.

Play the best guys and make it clear become one of the best if you want to play.

Advertisement
Provides good depth in my opinion. Could do a lot worse than him if guys get hurt. It is what it is. Sometimes the highly recruited don’t pan out for whatever reason and thats okay. Get that education, be part of something bigger than yourself and be ready to go at all times.

Advertisement
I’m curious where they’re going to go with the WR4 position. It looks like they want Horton to grab it. Brashard has looked good in limited action. The freshmen don’t look quite ready and Harrell is missing in action. I wonder if he’s been dropping a lot of passes in practice.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back