FRANK LADSON AND STEVENSON 2019 STARS DECOMMIT FROM uf

If you think having Banda on the staff is more valuable than Rumph you’re delusional.
What makes either of them such a valuable asset? I'd love to hear some concrete stuff. They're both freshmen in the game, and neither has shown to be exceptional at anything.

I can see guys liking both, one or the other or disliking both. But for guys to be on here claiming it's super clear that one is better than the other is nonsense.

Personally, if you guys don't see that Rumph's been a historical failure as a recruiter, then you got your eyes closed. Never in the history of the game has a guy been hired from a HS full of P5 talent with no college coaching experience and proceeded to whiff on 90% of that talent.

If Rick hired him as some sort of scientific CB coaching guru and didn't expect him to pull the Heritage guys, then he's dopey as fck.

Advertisement
What makes either of them such a valuable asset? I'd love to hear some concrete stuff. They're both freshmen in the game, and neither has shown to be exceptional at anything.

I can see guys liking both, one or the other or disliking both. But for guys to be on here claiming it's super clear that one is better than the other is nonsense.

Personally, if you guys don't see that Rumph's been a historical failure as a recruiter, then you got your eyes closed. Never in the history of the game has a guy been hired from a HS full of P5 talent with no college coaching experience and proceeded to whiff on 90% of that talent.

If Rick hired him as some sort of scientific CB coaching guru and didn't expect him to pull the Heritage guys, then he's dopey as fck.
I’m not going to call Rumph a Hartley, but I will say he has done a good job.

Rumph whiffed on a guy that was never considering Miami in Wilson.
He told CJ to kid rocks, and Edwards was Banda’s fault.
PS2 always wanted the SEC, and Banda was TC’s primary recruiter.
On top of that he didn’t let DJ Ivey check out AU or SCAR.
Locked up Blades and ended his visiting habits despite AJ saying he wouldn’t sign early.
Lured Frierson back in after it looked like he was going to end up a DAWG after Dee told us how much money Kirby was shelling out for him.

The only guy we can be upset with is Tyler Byrd. Rumph let him visit Knoxville on the 12th hour and he got away.

Big time props to Rumph in learning from that and not letting DJ Ivey to get away to the SEC, as well as Gilbert.

Banda got Gurvan and Carter. Also got Finley late. don’t want to hear Gil was a lay-up and Gurvan wasn’t.

Locked up Blades and ended his visiting habits despite AJ saying he wouldn’t sign early.
Lured Frierson back in after it looked like he was going to end up a DAWG after Dee told us how much money Kirby was shelling out for him.

The only guy we can be upset with is Tyler Byrd. Rumph let him visit Knoxville on the 12th hour and he got away.

Big time props to Rumph in learning from that and not letting DJ Ivey to get away to the SEC, as well as Gilbert.

Banda got Gurvan and Carter. Also got Finley late. don’t want to hear Gil was a lay-up and Gurvan wasn’t.
Wow. After reading that, I’m thinking Rumph is practically Dameyune Craig in recruiting.

And are you sure our coaches only recruit by position? Rumph is responsible for every CB we sign, and Banda every Safety?

Bruh read my post who did rumph bring in that wasnt going to be canes from the get go, dean was about to dip before colbert talked to him, and im pretty sure banda came in to help keep frierson
Banda was frierson main recruiter not rumph. Rumph actually helped him hold on to frierson.

Advertisement
Advertisement
All the safeties minus Jaquan were 3-stars. All the corners were 4-stars. So Rumph had more to work with.
3 stars and 4 stars are too close to extrapolate data..Was he a 5.7 or a 5.8 use whatever statistic to fit your narrative

All the safeties minus Jaquan were 3-stars. All the corners were 4-stars. So Rumph had more to work with.
these guys dont know football so im not going to do back and forth. Our safety situation is/was so bad they basically had a tryout between Redwine/Michael Jackson in hopes for one of the spots. Ninjas on here made Corn Elder Michael Jackson, and Colbert(son) into blind one legged corners to justify this poor recruiter. Im not a fan of either or...We are wasting 2 position coaches on a db group of two guys learning on the job. Im not bias on Rumph I just speak the truth on him. If i had to chose one...i would go with Banda.....seeing that a **** db coach isnt a technical spot...its a spot for RECRUITERS....and in Diaz scheme...the safeties has wayyyy more responsibility..and Banda coached up a guy who never really played safety(redwine) another who didnt play much on the back end (Johnson) and not much talent behind it . Rumph has had 5th year srs and draft elgible srs straight through. If Rumph is fired tomorrow, where would he be coaching?. Just a question, what other college offers he had before we scooped him up?. It is what it is. He's learning on the job, he's alumni, hopefully he becomes a better recruiter, he has some good talent in this class to work with and moving forward. But no need to justify that he is a **** poor recruiter of epic proportions.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wow. After reading that, I’m thinking Rumph is practically Dameyune Craig in recruiting.

And are you sure our coaches only recruit by position? Rumph is responsible for every CB we sign, and Banda every Safety?

Someone should tell Hartley that he only needs to recruit TEs.

Hartley has literally spread his seed over Duval where FSU and UF are no longer allowed there.

That's a pretty big minus.
We all know what happens when you're minus a quarterback.

Yup. You take a QB every cycle.

We saw what happened when Francois went down - they had **** backing him up.
It'll be rinse and repeat next year if they trot out Blackmon.

Problem for ol' Willie is he's not the coach Jimbo is.

Actually I think I'm less upset with Tyler Byrd than just about any of the "misses" because that dude was clearly g.ay af and wanted to follow his butt buddy fils-aime or whatever his name is.

but yeah I agree totally.

Advertisement
these guys dont know football so im not going to do back and forth. Our safety situation is/was so bad they basically had a tryout between Redwine/Michael Jackson in hopes for one of the spots. Ninjas on here made Corn Elder Michael Jackson, and Colbert(son) into blind one legged corners to justify this poor recruiter. Im not a fan of either or...We are wasting 2 position coaches on a db group of two guys learning on the job. Im not bias on Rumph I just speak the truth on him. If i had to chose one...i would go with Banda.....seeing that a **** db coach isnt a technical spot...its a spot for RECRUITERS....and in Diaz scheme...the safeties has wayyyy more responsibility..and Banda coached up a guy who never really played safety(redwine) another who didnt play much on the back end (Johnson) and not much talent behind it . Rumph has had 5th year srs and draft elgible srs straight through. If Rumph is fired tomorrow, where would he be coaching?. Just a question, what other college offers he had before we scooped him up?. It is what it is. He's learning on the job, he's alumni, hopefully he becomes a better recruiter, he has some good talent in this class to work with and moving forward. But no need to justify that he is a **** poor recruiter of epic proportions.
Even Corey Raymond is now only the cb coach at LSU as they just hired a safety coach

Actually I think I'm less upset with Tyler Byrd than just about any of the "misses" because that dude was clearly g.ay af and wanted to follow his butt buddy fils-aime or whatever his name is.

but yeah I agree totally.
People remember what they want to on here lol, Byrd was on son *** sh*t following his friend to another school

Advertisement
Back