Former players really hate Gorlden

Apples and oranges. Butch didn't turn it around in year b/c the **** had to be creative in his scholarship approach to get players on the football w/ the heavy sanctions levied against UM. Once the sanctions were done, Butch was on the run. Butch would now walk into an actually pretty good situation. Grohlden is making this situation look bad. Give Saban, Meyers, Miles, Harbaugh, Carroll or Davis this roster and last year's roster and we're in the final four. 2nd most NFL draftable players in the ENTIRE NCAA, and yet we went 6-7...This 2015-2016 roster is not bad either, it's littered w/ playmakers, yet they will all be put on a leash. Butch walks into this situation and we win at least 9 games off the jump.

Yea those coaches would do well but they have been coaching butch hasnt for awhile and he didnt just get those unique kids he recruited they **** out of a lot of kids and got really lucky with some that werent highly recruited, a lot has changed since butch was coaching

1) It's not "luck." It's called talent evaluation.

2) Butch was a head coach 5 years ago. Do you really think the landscape is that different today than it was in 2010?

Unmatched as an evaluator and developer. He had 1st round talent, backing up 1st round talent, backing up 1st round talent. He was directly responsible for what should've been 3 straight National Titles, including the greatest college football team EVER. I would argue post Washington loss, the 2000 team was even better. THAT is how you coach!

BRING BACK BUTCH!!

THis. look at that talent he assembled at UNC during his brief time there. he may be the best evaluator and developer of talent in cfb.

Awesome, exactly how many times did he win the coastal?

Advertisement
None but only had one sub 8 win season (1st) whereas Grohlden has had 3.

Butch had many of his top players suspended during key games and had many top recruits locked up before he was scapegoated, including Gurley and Marshall. At a basketball school.
Just think about what he built here under REAL sanctions and at that basketball school. People want to discredit him because of the unfortunate way he left both schools but the facts of his body of work are undisputable.

BRING BACK BUTCH!!

Last edited:
Well how long did it take butch to turn it around here? Because he didnt do it in one season

Apples and oranges. Butch didn't turn it around in year b/c the **** had to be creative in his scholarship approach to get players on the football w/ the heavy sanctions levied against UM. Once the sanctions were done, Butch was on the run. Butch would now walk into an actually pretty good situation. Grohlden is making this situation look bad. Give Saban, Meyers, Miles, Harbaugh, Carroll or Davis this roster and last year's roster and we're in the final four. 2nd most NFL draftable players in the ENTIRE NCAA, and yet we went 6-7...This 2015-2016 roster is not bad either, it's littered w/ playmakers, yet they will all be put on a leash. Butch walks into this situation and we win at least 9 games off the jump.

Yea those coaches would do well but they have been coaching butch hasnt for awhile and he didnt just get those unique kids he recruited they **** out of a lot of kids and got really lucky with some that werent highly recruited, a lot has changed since butch was coaching

Davis had NC STACKED with guys from Florida. I remember watching a RB from Miami that was playing for NC just smoke us for a couple of years. What was that kids name???

Gio Bernard. Played at either Heritage or Aquinas (can't remember which).

That's him! Thank you.

Advertisement
If anyone of the inductees was from Red Banks, NJ, I guaran-****-tee you he would have shown up.

Fire.Him.Today.

Many of you Butch lovers will be singing Coach Al Goldens praises when he leads Old Dominion(virginia) to an all fbs championship.

If it's not too late. Save Golden Al! Let us savor our degrees from UM, and let Al the mighty protect our reputation.

2) Butch was a head coach 5 years ago. Do you really think the landscape is that different today than it was in 2010?

Unmatched as an evaluator and developer. He had 1st round talent, backing up 1st round talent, backing up 1st round talent. He was directly responsible for what should've been 3 straight National Titles, including the greatest college football team EVER. I would argue post Washington loss, the 2000 team was even better. THAT is how you coach!

BRING BACK BUTCH!!

THis. look at that talent he assembled at UNC during his brief time there. he may be the best evaluator and developer of talent in cfb.

you serious? you do know he was building a program there. UNC was the definition of mediocrity when it came to cfb before he got there.

Advertisement
Another issue for failed leadership by Blake James. For a program that thrives on the past players, Golden in his opening presser saying "come back" it is an absolute travesty from a leadership standpoint that Al Golden not only wasn't there but should of had to speak and face the past success that created the prestige in the current position he holds as Head Coach of the University of Miami. Blake James yet again, continues to protect Al with the "everything is okay" and "the anger will blow over" approach instead of being a good leader and making his "top employee (money wise) face some heat and deal with the anger from people that matter and built The U.

And a feminine Bag like Golden should never be there among "real" Canes and "winners" from the past! He was probably asked to stay away and I hope in all sincerity that this is a sign he will be fired this year and that he recognizes he is not wanted here anymore and just resigns!

Advertisement
Matt PorterVerified account
‏@mattyports
I'm not going to say I didn't hear at least two UM football HOFers leaning into Chud's ear and saying he should be the next UM coach.

Shout out to UM for creating this situation, at a freakin HOF ceremony :XvfmlQQ:
The current fans hate him to.

BRING BACK BUTCH!!

you serious? you do know he was building a program there. UNC was the definition of mediocrity when it came to cfb before he got there.

Cool story! In 4 years couldn't win the coastal with superior NFL talent but was building a program. Now where have I seen that before?

BRING BACK BUTCH!!

Cool story! In 4 years couldn't win the coastal with superior NFL talent but was building a program. Now where have I seen that before?

AL GOLDEN.

Butch Davis built a dynasty under REAL sanctions in 5 yrs. Nice try though.

Last edited:
Advertisement
lets be real. butch left but he didnt get want he wants and I have a feeling its because Shalala was set on bringing in barry alvarez.

Lol... You fans want Butch, but clearly the former Players want Chud :laughing-1::laughing-1:

You're full of ****.

Rather play for the student, or the master?

Oh. And defensive players? Ho Li Crap. Butch would have a D like a steel wall.

And rather than DT's running FROM Miami, they'd be running TO Miami.

Chad would be a great coach for us, but I think he wants to stay in the pros. We're going to have a tough time finding a coach after Golden leaves. This program's a mess. No stadium anywhere near campus, mediocre facilities, and no money for good assistants. Plus, the admins doesn't give a chit about football and probably never will. New president most likely won't do a thing to change the crappy culture that flourishes around this program. It 's not even a shell of what it once was.
The facilities are far from mediocre they are the best in Florida including FSU and UF
; UM has put over $100 million in athletic facilities over since 2001. More changes are planned including an indoor facility but that's the least of our problems. Before you post get your facts straight.

Advertisement
Back