Former players really hate Gorlden

Wow at Golden not even showing up absolutely pathetic. Its absurd how some people in this thread are still trying to defend Golden not being there lmao.

Advertisement
None of the coaches besides Kehoe and Swasey were at the HOF banquet. That's all I need to know.

How can you represent miami and not show love
Especially when ST26 is elected

If you hated your coaching job, every fan w a brain hated you, you had to choose ****ies over or under belt every morning, and you hadn't seen your **** in three years, would you feel comfortable hanging out w HOF athletes?

I was there last night. Yes, only Kehoe and Swasey were there from the staff.

I personally told Chud when the job opens very soon many of us would love to have him back as HC.

my boy who played when chud was here loves him. said he would be great but he thinks he would bolt back to nfl. also said he thinks butch would take time because he has been out of the college game for a minute. not sure i agree on that.

Well how long did it take butch to turn it around here? Because he didnt do it in one season

Apples and oranges. Butch didn't turn it around in year b/c the **** had to be creative in his scholarship approach to get players on the football w/ the heavy sanctions levied against UM. Once the sanctions were done, Butch was on the run. Butch would now walk into an actually pretty good situation. Grohlden is making this situation look bad. Give Saban, Meyers, Miles, Harbaugh, Carroll or Davis this roster and last year's roster and we're in the final four. 2nd most NFL draftable players in the ENTIRE NCAA, and yet we went 6-7...This 2015-2016 roster is not bad either, it's littered w/ playmakers, yet they will all be put on a leash. Butch walks into this situation and we win at least 9 games off the jump.

Yea those coaches would do well but they have been coaching butch hasnt for awhile and he didnt just get those unique kids he recruited they **** out of a lot of kids and got really lucky with some that werent highly recruited, a lot has changed since butch was coaching

Advertisement
his absence is such a non-issue but yall know how it is around here. soo ehh.

You don't find it odd that the current head coach or any of his staff was present at the induction of several high profile ex-players, including the late Sean Taylor? It seems normal to you that the coach of a program that prides itself on it's family legacy and consistently boasts about it's successful alumni is absent from an event honoring some of the greatest to ever wear the U? Okay. Non-issue.

Esto.

my boy who played when chud was here loves him. said he would be great but he thinks he would bolt back to nfl. also said he thinks butch would take time because he has been out of the college game for a minute. not sure i agree on that.

Well how long did it take butch to turn it around here? Because he didnt do it in one season

Apples and oranges. Butch didn't turn it around in year b/c the **** had to be creative in his scholarship approach to get players on the football w/ the heavy sanctions levied against UM. Once the sanctions were done, Butch was on the run. Butch would now walk into an actually pretty good situation. Grohlden is making this situation look bad. Give Saban, Meyers, Miles, Harbaugh, Carroll or Davis this roster and last year's roster and we're in the final four. 2nd most NFL draftable players in the ENTIRE NCAA, and yet we went 6-7...This 2015-2016 roster is not bad either, it's littered w/ playmakers, yet they will all be put on a leash. Butch walks into this situation and we win at least 9 games off the jump.

Yea those coaches would do well but they have been coaching butch hasnt for awhile and he didnt just get those unique kids he recruited they **** out of a lot of kids and got really lucky with some that werent highly recruited, a lot has changed since butch was coaching

1) It's not "luck." It's called talent evaluation.

2) Butch was a head coach 5 years ago. Do you really think the landscape is that different today than it was in 2010?

2) Butch was a head coach 5 years ago. Do you really think the landscape is that different today than it was in 2010?

Unmatched as an evaluator and developer. He had 1st round talent, backing up 1st round talent, backing up 1st round talent. He was directly responsible for what should've been 3 straight National Titles, including the greatest college football team EVER. I would argue post Washington loss, the 2000 team was even better. THAT is how you coach!

BRING BACK BUTCH!!

Hasn't Golden been to HOF ceremonies in the past? And Beard and Hurlie Brown are true Canes so they must have had something to do not to attent the ceremony.... People making something out of mothing

Advertisement

Davis had NC STACKED with guys from Florida. I remember watching a RB from Miami that was playing for NC just smoke us for a couple of years. What was that kids name???

Advertisement

Davis had NC STACKED with guys from Florida. I remember watching a RB from Miami that was playing for NC just smoke us for a couple of years. What was that kids name???

Gio Bernard. Played at either Heritage or Aquinas (can't remember which).

Gio Bernard. Played at either Heritage or Aquinas (can't remember which).

STA

Advertisement
Unless there was an emergency/death in his family, there's no excuse for Golden to miss this. Should be a night he circles on his calendar every year. Not good.

Pete, you got your inside access now. What's the reason why Golden missed this event? Do work bro!

Yea got lucky, not saying he isnt a talent evaluator, but recruiting was different then, no hudl or youtube sensations, ed reed would have been a 4-5 star with some of our recruiting services, same with a lot of other kids on that team, hes a great evaluator but a lot of those kids that no one have heard of would have been known and recruited by other schools, again not saying he isnt a good evaluator, the guy can recuit his off no doubt but the services then werent that great

A lot has changed since he was at UNC, spreads are more common, and when his teams played against pass happy teams they would get shredded, bernard played for STA and wasnt recruited by miami, if i remember correctly he was going to go to ND but something happened

im still on the BBB bandwagon, just stating somethings about him, he had some really good UNC teams but didnt really do that much, but i still would hire him and see what he would do, im still BBBing

Unmatched as an evaluator and developer. He had 1st round talent, backing up 1st round talent, backing up 1st round talent. He was directly responsible for what should've been 3 straight National Titles, including the greatest college football team EVER. I would argue post Washington loss, the 2000 team was even better. THAT is how you coach!

BRING BACK BUTCH!!

THis. look at that talent he assembled at UNC during his brief time there. he may be the best evaluator and developer of talent in cfb.

Advertisement
Back