Former Player Insider's Perspective

Rick is the polar opposite of JJ and no one is revolting against him. Other than that, very insightful parallel, OP.

This is not what I am hearing at all. Nice and sweet in front of cameras but pretty driven, fair and an sob on the field. Face it, there are many players on this team from the Golden(Entitlement) era, and many that can't play, like Darling, that will not be here next year. He has already gotten rid of about 20 of them.

Darling?? Lmao he's by far not even close our best OL, just playing LT because inept recruiting and development at the position

That's his point bruh. Darling is our main problem! He can't even slow down a basic speed rush. These last few teams have all had fast de play. All their doing is lining them up wide & watching this bum get brad blind sided over & over. It really is sad our line has become so inept & for the people who know the game yet botched about art it cracks me up even more so. Maybe now we can understand why art was zone blocking the majority of the time. This line isn't talented enough to slow down the girls ymca

Advertisement
Rick is the polar opposite of JJ and no one is revolting against him. Other than that, very insightful parallel, OP.

This is not what I am hearing at all. Nice and sweet in front of cameras but pretty driven, fair and an sob on the field. Face it, there are many players on this team from the Golden(Entitlement) era, and many that can't play, like Darling, that will not be here next year. He has already gotten rid of about 20 of them.

Darling?? Lmao he's by far not even close our best OL, just playing LT because inept recruiting and development at the position

That is exactly what I said, he cannot play. He is not qualified to be a D1 starting OT.

But he's the best one on our roster. You're trying to say we need to push out our most talented OL just because he's playing out of position due to things he can't control

Regardless of him being the best of the worst or not he should not be a starting lineman for us. Personally I'd say isadora is our best ol if anything I'd give darling a flyer as a right gaurd next year otherwise he can clear it.

You're a homer if you think our offense is that talented. No OL, below average QB, a blind RB paired with a slow RB, an inconsistent WR group, and two potential NFL TEs. Our two weakest positions on the entire team just so happen to be the two most important.

We don't have a below average qb or even close to that. To say such extremely stupid **** just makes most people discard what u say the moment it leaves your mouth.

You're a homer if you think our offense is that talented. No OL, below average QB, a blind RB paired with a slow RB, an inconsistent WR group, and two potential NFL TEs. Our two weakest positions on the entire team just so happen to be the to most important.

Isn't it the same personnel from last year?

And they were pretty bad last year, so?

Not this bad.

What do u coach macho? I'm just curious cause you're the only coach I've ever seen who writes off the relevant experience to a scheme. These dudes forgot basic technique they've been zone blocking for so long.

I dont seem to recall JJ getting fired from a P5 program for being inadequate.

Jimmy Johnson had a .535 winning percentage at Okie State over 5 seasons. Best year was 8-4, worst year was 3-7. Fired or not, it wasn't exemplary.

Richt is Richt, I'm not into comparisons for or against him. Because the rationale we could've used when JJ was hired ("Yeah, but he did it at OKLAHOMA STATE") could've been applied to Golden ("Yeah, but he did it at TEMPLE"). Drastically different coaches, drastically different outcomes.

At the same time just because a bunch of people said Alfredo "Needs time to get his guys in" doesn't mean that Richt doesn't deserve time to assemble his own personnel. We're trying too hard to make comparisons in favor of Richt on one hand, while at the same time trying too hard to find those that make him look like Golden 2.0.

I appreciate the OP's perspective a lot. Might be spot on. That said, I personally don't think the start of one of the most beloved and exciting coaches in Miami's history is a predictor for Richt simply because their approach and even circumstance might be the same. I agree there are players who carry pyrite mindset of Golden. They've dropped balls, missed blocks and reads, generally feeding into this feeling of regression. But Richt has cost us two games in my opinion. Cycle the blame through Play Calling, OL and Kaaya, but it's relatively self-evident to me. His leadership has led directly to losses, in a window of time where he does not have a massive talent advantage against his opponents (although I dispute that he doesn't have any advantage vs UNC and VT. He does).

It's far too early to decide Richt's tenure at Miami. But because he will either succeed or fail, relatively half of the board will be right and claim their insights are borderline prophetic and they knew it all along. I'm in the middle, with lukewarm excitement and real concerns.

It's this, but since there are posters who claim they knew Golden was the wrong coach after 5 minutes of the Maryland game, it's the cool thing to say Richt is the wrong coach 7 games into his tenure here.

That's silly. I didn't know he was garbage until the post game presser when he was crying.

I knew it when he and D'Nofrio made out after the Ohio State game.

Advertisement

The O has been having ****** practices, vomiting up penalties, dropping balls and generally acting like a
Team disinterested.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Recht and his horrible OCing has lost the O.

Last edited:
I spoke/posted about this possible scenario last week. I felt that this could be a possibility as I am aware of what HC's go through when first arriving at a program.

However, seeing his play

I am not a MR supporter and have never been. Compare him to Saban and Meyer and you clearly see the differences of what it takes to be a Championship coach.

Why is that? Feel free to compare him to Meyer. Look at Meyer once shebow left or the years at utah. Meyer is a mercenary no different from Satan. You're gonna bring the Dennis green out of me with this dumb ****. Anyone with a Lil smidgen of inside knowledge knows just how dirty & corrupt Satan is. Any coach except golden would win like that if allowed free lane to cheat as much as he does. He gives out millions every year for his classes & it's known. But will the ncaa ever Crack down? **** no

That's only partially true chise. No one left is revolting against him & although a polar opposite he's equally as demanding. You either do your job or you will be replaced. He just doesn't have any of his players to replace people with.

I have no doubt Rick is a demanding guy. He wouldn't have had the success he's had for as long as he has if he wasn't. My point was that no one is revolting against him. The players are going hard.

I spoke/posted about this possible scenario last week. I felt that this could be a possibility as I am aware of what HC's go through when first arriving at a program.

However, seeing his play

I am not a MR supporter and have never been. Compare him to Saban and Meyer and you clearly see the differences of what it takes to be a Championship coach.

Why is that? Feel free to compare him to Meyer. Look at Meyer once shebow left or the years at utah. Meyer is a mercenary no different from Satan. You're gonna bring the Dennis green out of me with this dumb ****. Anyone with a Lil smidgen of inside knowledge knows just how dirty & corrupt Satan is. Any coach except golden would win like that if allowed free lane to cheat as much as he does. He gives out millions every year for his classes & it's known. But will the ncaa ever Crack down? **** no

Link

Advertisement

The O has been having ****** practices, vomiting up penalties, dropping balls and generally acting like a
Team disinterested.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Recht and his horrible OCing has lost the O.

The O no doubt looks like garbage. I don't think they've quit. They're frustrated though, and they should be.

Our OL talent is well below what is required to compete for a NC. MR has realized this since day 1.

I do not know if MR was fully ready to get back in the saddle, personally I do not think so. His offensive play calling has been mediocre as ****. Bottom lines is once MR gets his players, his record historically has been around 10-2, with no NC. This is why UGA fired him. I preferred Butch Davis for he is much hungrier to come back and finish what he started. Trust me, I've had conversations with him concerning this, however UM politics seem to have gotten in the way.

I don't understand why people say all this about butch. I've spooked witty him since & I can see hunger but the facts are still the facts with butch & that's he's out of tune. To say butch is hungry can only be said because hes failed everywhere since he abandoned us. Was he not hungry in Cleveland or Carolina? Also anyone that had been around cmr lately has to see the hunger & determination in him as well. It's real & it can't be questioned. Butch first year we were average at best. Second & third we sucked donkey ****. That was with butch & him needing time when all these same supporters now complained about how obviously butch isn't the right man for the job cause he's a horrible game day coach. Clock management was a joke & I was on those teams too. I love butch. Trust me I do. Still see him as a father. But to criticize cmr & give cop outs to butch is crazy. Butch didn't win anything here so how is cmr who averaged ten wins a year & was simply let go by a university with the guts to say we need more any different from our previous situation?For me it's obvious as can be this staff is 100% what we need to get back to championship Miami football. But just like the majority of coaches learn it just doesn't get fixed overnight.

I really want to give Richt a pass because of the OL, but at the same time the play-calling is on him and that has been a huge part of the issue. I imagine the OL is creating issues with what he wants to accomplish but at the same time running into 8-9 man fronts on first and second down is reminiscent of the coker T.

Just a couple of questions, and not trying to be a smart ***. If you know that your OL aint worth a ****, what good would calling more complex plays, or running a more complex scheme, do for you? Wouldn't you rather call simple **** to actually give those less talented players a chance at being successful? Again, I'm just asking questions.

Hooray! Somebody understands finally! You can't run those plays if you're offense doesn't have the time or the ability to execute them. Plays take time to develop. Yall do see the same thing as everyone else right? If Kaaya drops back he's getting hit quickly. Period.

Got to agree with you. Plus, JJ was replacing god -- THE MAN who won our first NC just months before. Players want HC to come from his staff. Nobody wanted any coach from Golden's staff to become HC. JJ came in with chip bigger than all those players combined -- take this talent and kill OU with it. Mark should have similar chip. JJ was forced to keep Howard's leftovers; Mark got to clean house. When he fired his old roommate, Art, I had hope that he was a man possessed; then he hired his son and that hope fled. JJ had no mercy; Mark has The Bible. I am deeply religious but the good Marist brothers who educated me, made it clear -- mercy is for after the game.

Howard's guys won a NC, there was no reason to want to clean house.

True there should not have been. But a bunch of the players did not want JJ and played that way the first year after Auburn and UF games(against the team that claimed they should have the title and the one team that beat them the year before). Coaching staff always are at risk with new HC. JJ gave up his offense and kept Howard's but he intended to scrap the okie defense Howard used(basically a 3-4). The school required him to keep the ones Howard left behind. Bunch of them didn't want JJ either and it showed. Still Howard left one heck of a team for JJ.

Advertisement

That's his point bruh. Darling is our main problem! He can't even slow down a basic speed rush. These last few teams have all had fast de play. All their doing is lining them up wide & watching this bum get brad blind sided over & over. It really is sad our line has become so inept & for the people who know the game yet botched about art it cracks me up even more so. Maybe now we can understand why art was zone blocking the majority of the time. This line isn't talented enough to slow down the girls ymca

Aren't you the "support your squad" guy?

So even if what OP is spewing wasn't total BS, let's look at it from VT's perspective:

Fine, one point worse than FSU - a team with a system and scheme in place and a veteran head coach. Cool.

Fine, 7 points worse than UNC - a team with a system and scheme in place and a groomed head coach (to be kind). Cool. Whatevs.

But even if that makes you happy, what's the excuse for being 21 points worse than Virginia Tech then? A team facing the exact same scenarios (excuses) as Miami and with a less "talented" roster on paper. Are you going to tell us now that you have inside information that Virginia Tech and Frank Beamer were secretly recruiting for Justin Fuente's scheme and planned on hiring him years in advance and that's why it's okay they are so much better than Miami?

Nope. Had jack **** to do with that. Simply flip what our dline was able to accomplish versus what their dline was able to and you got your answer. It really has come down to oline play & theirs was pretty **** good. Ours,our qb was sacked 8 times. Hit another 13 times & pressured 19 more times. If you can't see the relevance in that than you're simply in denial

Sure am. But I'm speaking fact when saying nothing but our oline is pitifuly inadequate. It's not coach Searles that makes them that way. I support that from the beginning it's been clear our oline is a problem & with talent we definitely have the right staff in place to make it show on the field.

Advertisement

Sure am. But I'm speaking fact when saying nothing but our oline is pitifuly inadequate. It's not coach Searles that makes them that way. I support that from the beginning it's been clear our oline is a problem & with talent we definitely have the right staff in place to make it show on the field.

Support your squad because players, player's families, etc come on here. Then calls our players bums who can't slow down the girls YMCA.

:puzzled:

Guess you are one of the bad/negative fans that is hurting the program.

Last edited:

Support your squad because players, player's families, etc come on here. Then calls our players bums who can't slow down the girls YMCA.

:puzzled:

I was mainly speaking about recruits & how everyone is in meltdown about our staff. But you do have a valid point. Calling them bums is extremely but the majority of this line has no business either # 1 playing the spots they play for us or #2 playing period. It's not their faults that al golden was a horrible evaluator of oline talent but now it just is what it is. I just don't like to see our whole team sabotaged by one position group. But as I said,valid point. True indeed

You're a homer if you think our offense is that talented. No OL, below average QB, a blind RB paired with a slow RB, an inconsistent WR group, and two potential NFL TEs. Our two weakest positions on the entire team just so happen to be the two most important.

We don't have a below average qb or even close to that. To say such extremely stupid **** just makes most people discard what u say the moment it leaves your mouth.

You're right, I gave Kaka too much credit.

Got to agree with you. Plus, JJ was replacing god -- THE MAN who won our first NC just months before. Players want HC to come from his staff. Nobody wanted any coach from Golden's staff to become HC. JJ came in with chip bigger than all those players combined -- take this talent and kill OU with it. Mark should have similar chip. JJ was forced to keep Howard's leftovers; Mark got to clean house. When he fired his old roommate, Art, I had hope that he was a man possessed; then he hired his son and that hope fled. JJ had no mercy; Mark has The Bible. I am deeply religious but the good Marist brothers who educated me, made it clear -- mercy is for after the game.

Columbus grad?????

Advertisement
Back