Former player arrested in Bryan Pata murder

Advertisement
Sorry if my reaction came up negative; it was a slip; whole heartedly agree. I hope this dude never sees the day of light of freedom ever again. Strike this dude from our books too; this **** is no where worthy of being mentioned in our history.
Absolutely agree 100% May that piece of **** murderers name never again be spoken. Let him be erased from Hurricane history.

If he did it, he should be held accountable to the highest standard. He's been walking free for 15 years while Pata's family has suffered. Dear Lord, what would make a person do that to his own brother? Prayers to the Pata family and I hope they get the justice they deserve.

For the legal experts out there- any chance that if Jones had been arrested at the scene and was able to convince a jury (or prosecutors) that it wasn't premeditated and that he and Pata had an argument in the parking lot and that he went into a fit of rage and shot him that he might already be looking at parole now or in the near future?

The fact that this scumbag was able to live the prime of his life as a free man hopefully means that any sentence now will mean he dies behind bars.

If had kids in the last 15 years too bad. Shouldn't have been a free man.

If he lies and says that he's been living in misery with this weighing on him then they should increase his sentence even more for having the balls to even try to say that.

**** was premeditated AND he obviously made a conscious effort to cover everything up after.

He can try to make his peace with God. Society should be done with him permanently.

Advertisement
For the legal experts out there- any chance that if Jones had been arrested at the scene and was able to convince a jury (or prosecutors) that it wasn't premeditated and that he and Pata had an argument in the parking lot and that he went into a fit of rage and shot him that he might already be looking at parole now or in the near future?

The fact that this scumbag was able to live the prime of his life as a free man hopefully means that any sentence now will mean he dies behind bars.

If had kids in the last 15 years too bad. Shouldn't have been a free man.

If he lies and says that he's been living in misery with this weighing on him then they should increase his sentence even more for having the balls to even try to say that.

**** was premeditated AND he obviously made a conscious effort to cover everything up after.

He can try to make his peace with God. Society should be done with him permanently.
clearly premeditated and is proven by the fact that he went to the scene with a gun and ambushed him from behind the bushes. is that how a man acts who isn't planning to do what he did?

the hard part is going to be the murder weapon and placing him at the scene. cell phone records place him near there and there might be an eye witness but i doubt they have the weapon even though he is said to have owned a weapon like the one that was used.

anyway i am just a corporate lawyer so what do i know. maybe a criminal lawyer can weigh in.

A few things

-Finally the Patas can have closure
-it really took ESPN of all places to light the fire and essentially help solve the case?!?!
-Jones definitely blabbed to someone. Hopefully we get a full repot and a confession
- it wouldn’t be the off season without Miami Hurricane drama. And it’s always 2 weeks before the game

Advertisement
Wow!
Curious to know what the Arrest Warrant actually says regarding probable cause for the arrest.

Wow!
Curious to know what the Arrest Warrant actually says that provided probable cause for the arrest.

details here.

clearly premeditated and is proven by the fact that he went to the scene with a gun and ambushed him from behind the bushes. is that how a man acts who isn't planning to do what he did?

the hard part is going to be the murder weapon and placing him at the scene. cell phone records place him near there and there might be an eye witness but i doubt they have the weapon even though he is said to have owned a weapon like the one that was used.

anyway i am just a corporate lawyer so what do i know. maybe a criminal lawyer can weigh in.
Oh, for sure. It was 1000% premeditated. I was just trying to think if there was any possible legal defense had there been a witness that called the cops immediately and Jones had been arrested at or near the scene that might've resulted in him being close to parole eligible now since so much freaking time has passed.

The only thing that would even remotely work would be him saying that he always carries the gun and he just went there to have words with Pata and things escalated and the witness only saw him shoot Pata and none of the prior context. Shooting someone in the back of the effing head would obviously complicate that attempted rationale.

I think Florida has mandatory minimums about any murders where firearms are involved and I wasn't really trying to put too much thought into this but was just curious since 15+ years have passed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I always thought it was someone close. smh hope his family gets the justice it deserves. This case had always sat uneasy with me

Advertisement
Back