Former player arrested in Bryan Pata murder

I specifically remember you mentioned its potential benefits. Credit to you.

As said above, glad the article ultimately had a positive purpose. Hated that it kinda undercut Pata's perception some, but obviously worth it. Kinda wild that ESPf'inN was the impetus for law enforcement to apparently push forward.
Sure makes Miami 5-0 look incompetent.

Advertisement
I’m seriously hurt dawg! Over a female? This man’s family lost everything, cause your *** got jealous? You killed your teammate over a bytch? Shot him in the bacc of his fuccin head? He probably didn’t even kno what hit em! U coward *** pos. WTF man?! All the pwussy walkin around So. Fla?! And u do this. Then show up posing like U ain’t did nothing wrong, after the next game at the makeshift memorial, (taking pictures knowing **** well what u did) honoring the dude u murdered. I hope u run up on some real ones in prison. Simp *** nicca! Fucc U

clearly premeditated and is proven by the fact that he went to the scene with a gun and ambushed him from behind the bushes. is that how a man acts who isn't planning to do what he did?

the hard part is going to be the murder weapon and placing him at the scene. cell phone records place him near there and there might be an eye witness but i doubt they have the weapon even though he is said to have owned a weapon like the one that was used.

anyway i am just a corporate lawyer so what do i know. maybe a criminal lawyer can weigh in.

I believe Live Oak and Lk City are about 30 minutes apart. It's country AF up there. Or at least it used to be back in the late 80's early 90's.

Go Canes!!
Yeah. I checked and the two towns are 30 minutes apart. Lake City must grow WRs on trees up there: Mike Williams (Neb); Marcus Peterson (2022 recruit); Marquez Bell (Cincinnati); TJ Jones (PSU/UAB); Latrell Williams (committed to us, landed at Tennessee--> JUCO?).

Don't know how good these guys were, but just googling, I found a number of recent WRs who were recruited by various schools. I guess they were all out of Columbia HS. Seems like quite a few for a small town.) I think I got it right.

One of the saddest stories was Yatil Green. I remember Jimmy Johnson saying when he drafted him in the first round he wanted Yatil to stay injury-free. First thing he does in camp is have multiple serious injuries. He hardly ever played. Wonder if some people just have something wrong with their protoplasm so that they keep getting injured.

I’m seriously hurt dawg! Over a female? This man’s family lost everything, cause your *** got jealous? You killed your teammate over a bytch? Shot him in the bacc of his fuccin head? He probably didn’t even kno what hit em! U coward *** pos. WTF man?! All the pwussy walkin around So. Fla?! And u do this. Then show up posing like U ain’t did nothing wrong, after the next game at the makeshift memorial, (taking pictures knowing **** well what u did) honoring the dude u murdered. I hope u run up on some real ones in prison. Simp *** nicca! Fucc U
Kane, I feel your passion Bruh. But back away from the keyboard. Go grab a cold one and chill. 🍺 He's been caught and he will get what he deserves.

Go CANES!

Advertisement
SAME PAGE BROTHER….JUST KNOW, “ARRESTED” IS NOT “CONVICTED”…BUT WHEN THE US MARSHALS GET INVOLVED….IT’S CASE CLOSED!!!

For the legal experts out there- any chance that if Jones had been arrested at the scene and was able to convince a jury (or prosecutors) that it wasn't premeditated and that he and Pata had an argument in the parking lot and that he went into a fit of rage and shot him that he might already be looking at parole now or in the near future?

The fact that this scumbag was able to live the prime of his life as a free man hopefully means that any sentence now will mean he dies behind bars.

If had kids in the last 15 years too bad. Shouldn't have been a free man.

If he lies and says that he's been living in misery with this weighing on him then they should increase his sentence even more for having the balls to even try to say that.

**** was premeditated AND he obviously made a conscious effort to cover everything up after.

He can try to make his peace with God. Society should be done with him permanently.

Shooting a larger man in the back of the head with no sign of a struggle tends to make the "self-defense" argument less convincing. Generally speaking, of course.

Advertisement
Kane, I feel your passion Bruh. But back away from the keyboard. Go grab a cold one and chill. 🍺 He's been caught and he will get what he deserves.

Go CANES!
I’m good. Just wrapping my head around this nonsense, man. I’ve seen this type of **** before, in the streets, but never thought I’d see this happen with our team. It’s just a fucc boi way of handling ****.

A 62 year old man gave a description to a sketch artist that produced a sketch that looked a lot liike Jones.

AND the old man picked Jones out of a photo lineup. TWICE. Years apart.
SOME AGENCIES DO NOT HAVE THE ACCESS TO FEDERAL AMENITIES …NOT THROWIN’ MY BIO OUT THERE BUT I’VE SPENT THE LAST 28 YRS ON THE STREET AND IT’S BEYOND FRUSTRATING WHEN YOU KNOW YOU HAVE A POS WHO JUST RAPED OR KILLED SOMEONE AND THEY TAKE A PLEA DEAL…(retired now)….CAN’T WAIT FOR KICK OFF 🙌🏻….

Advertisement
SOME AGENCIES DO NOT HAVE THE ACCESS TO FEDERAL AMENITIES …NOT THROWIN’ MY BIO OUT THERE BUT I’VE SPENT THE LAST 28 YRS ON THE STREET AND IT’S BEYOND FRUSTRATING WHEN YOU KNOW YOU HAVE A POS WHO JUST RAPED OR KILLED SOMEONE AND THEY TAKE A PLEA DEAL…(retired now)….CAN’T WAIT FOR KICK OFF 🙌🏻….

For the moment, I am just separating the issue of extradition from the issue of an EYEWITNESS IDENTIFICATION.

No idea why it took Dade so long to "solve" the case. I know people want to hypothesize about "new evidence" or "a witness came forward", but even when the detective was testifying (to block ESPN from having access to the records), he said they had one primary suspect and the case was very close to being solved.

And, to be generous to the Dade police, maybe a new piece of evidence DID turn up after the ESPN publicity. But what makes that situation pathetic is that it would have been AFTER the new publicity, which Dade was trying to PREVENT.

I get the issue of having to chase down a ton of bogus leads (when a case is publicized 15 years later), but it seems like most of the solid circumstantial stuff was known 15 years ago.

Sad.

For the moment, I am just separating the issue of extradition from the issue of an EYEWITNESS IDENTIFICATION.

No idea why it took Dade so long to "solve" the case. I know people want to hypothesize about "new evidence" or "a witness came forward", but even when the detective was testifying (to block ESPN from having access to the records), he said they had one primary suspect and the case was very close to being solved.

And, to be generous to the Dade police, maybe a new piece of evidence DID turn up after the ESPN publicity. But what makes that situation pathetic is that it would have been AFTER the new publicity, which Dade was trying to PREVENT.

I get the issue of having to chase down a ton of bogus leads (when a case is publicized 15 years later), but it seems like most of the solid circumstantial stuff was known 15 years ago.

Sad.
UNDERSTOOD BROTHER….

DEFUND THE POPO….🙄🔫

Last edited:
Advertisement
UNDERSTOOD BROTHER….

DEFUND THE POPO….🙄🔫

"Defund" is such an unfortunate choice of words. I respect the job the police do, but I hope that with the ongoing legalization of marijuana, we can reorient our policing efforts. I would love to see more "detective" work on cold cases, financial fraud cases, etc. I would appreciate the use and integration of more specially-trained individuals (whether they are full-blown police or not) to handle sensitive cases like domestic violence and mental health issues. I hope we can find a way to move more drug/alcohol cases to treatment rather than incarceration, and use the available jail space for violent offenders. We need to embrace more modern methodologies that allows the police to work smarter and better.

I just binge-watched the first 6 seasons of Hill Street Blues, which was a great and groundbreaking show at the time. That show could never be played on a broadcast network today, though. In the first season, they frequently used the N-word and so many investigations/arrests ended in fistfights. We've come a long way, and we can still improve upon the way we police our communities.

Very happy to see the "beginning of the end" to this case, and I truly pray that the Pata family finds peace, no matter what the outcome of the trial may be.

Knowing the murderer is #38 is shocking. Every photo of him now looks like a guilty psycho. I saw another photo from this same shoot as the headline shot.

1629468027038.jpeg

Sad.
One of the things I learned in a justice course in HS is that often one of the toughest pieces in a case like this is the motive component. I read the ESPN article just last week and it was fishy from the start. There was really only one dude that had a legit motive and that was this clown.

Add to that his lies about his alibi that night (red flag); an immediate ID by the only witness around; the suspicions by the team as reported by Hudak; the confirmation he tried to leave town THAT NIGHT!

All that should have at the very least amounted to a search warrant of his property to locate the weapon used. They find that, and that case is closed in 15 days - NOT YEARS.

SAD man.

Advertisement
Back