Former Arizona Safety Isaiah Taylor commits to Miami. Jason Taylor.

Advertisement
The odds that Isaiah Taylor needs to count as one of the 85 are low.
Kid has a 3.9. If he hasn't already graduated, he will soon and will be in graduate school, where he is deserving of an academic scholarship.

I got grad tuition money at UM with lower grades than that.
If he doesn't count toward the 85 then I apologize, would like take back every nasty thing I said, and ask for forgiveness. I just don't think we need to add depth for the sake of depth given what we lost from last year. If QB wasn't so f'd up right now, more people would be freaking out about the secondary. They wouldn't be showing their *** (pause......I ******* hate myself for typing that....look what you made me do, CIS!!) to the extent I have in this thread, but they'd be up in arms.

Advertisement
Including our 2024 class and all the additions made from the portal is this roster better than last year? I honestly don't think so.

Additions
2024 Class
Reese Poffenbarger
Isaiah Taylor
Savion Riley
Zach Carpenter
Marley Cook
CJ Clark

Subtractions
TVD
James Williams
Kam Kitchens
Corey Flagg
Leonard Taylor
Jahfari Harvey
KJ Clyod
Matt Lee
Javion Cohen
Jaden Davis
Davonte Brown
Colbie Young
Don Chaney
Jaleel Skinner
6-6?

If he doesn't count toward the 85 then I apologize, would like take back every nasty thing I said, and ask for forgiveness. I just don't think we need to add depth for the sake of depth given what we lost from last year. If QB wasn't so f'd up right now, more people would be freaking out about the secondary. They wouldn't be showing their *** (pause......I ******* hate myself for typing that....look what you made me do, CIS!!) to the extent I have in this thread, but they'd be up in arms.
Joining Welcome Home GIF

Advertisement
Including our 2024 class and all the additions made from the portal is this roster better than last year? I honestly don't think so.

Additions
2024 Class
Reese Poffenbarger
Isaiah Taylor
Savion Riley
Zach Carpenter
Marley Cook
CJ Clark

Subtractions
TVD
James Williams
Kam Kitchens
Corey Flagg
Leonard Taylor
Jahfari Harvey
KJ Clyod
Matt Lee
Javion Cohen
Jaden Davis
Davonte Brown
Colbie Young
Don Chaney
Jaleel Skinner

I'm going to refrain from passing complete judgment until after the spring portal closes. However, you are correct so far this **** is not looking too ******* good.

Additions
2024 Class
Reese Poffenbarger
Isaiah Taylor
Savion Riley
Zach Carpenter
Marley Cook
CJ Clark

Subtractions
TVD
James Williams
Kam Kitchens
Corey Flagg
Leonard Taylor
Jahfari Harvey
KJ Clyod
Matt Lee
Javion Cohen
Jaden Davis
Davonte Brown
Colbie Young
Don Chaney
Jaleel Skinner
Absolutely not better and by a decent margin. Missing on a QB is the biggest issue for me at the moment but safety isn't looking good either. Losing Cohen and Lee is gna hurt as well. OL in the blow game wasn't looking as good as I'd hoped. Maybe that's bc cristobal decided to play his garbage nephew most of it but we'll see

Advertisement
+ No, he’s not irreplaceable, but finding someone with his skillset, background, and work ethic is supremely difficult.
+ If you missed @TriStarCane post, I strongly suggest you read it. This iteration of the program is dead in the water. It’s just a matter of when we call it.

That’s my way of saying that wasting one of 85 scholarships on a coaches kid who sucks won’t matter.
He was High School football Coach at what School?

😂😂😂 me liking poff got yall wild. I haven’t seen anything on him since he left St.Thomas and that edit screams walk on 🤷🏻‍♂️ so will have too see if he is even on scholly before trying to react. OSU was hellbent on stealing JT so could been to negate that, the world may never know. Word is he was good depth at arizona and maybe he is going to be good depth here. Regardless more info will come out.
I know scholarship players get benefits the PWO do not but it would be an interesting way to add a player without using a scholarship since they are tight since he gets free tuition since his dad works at Miami.

Advertisement
+ No, he’s not irreplaceable, but finding someone with his skillset, background, and work ethic is supremely difficult.
+ If you missed @TriStarCane post, I strongly suggest you read it. This iteration of the program is dead in the water. It’s just a matter of when we call it.

That’s my way of saying that wasting one of 85 scholarships on a coaches kid who sucks won’t matter.
Jason Taylor is Miami Royalty! WTF are you saying?????🤷🏽‍♂️

This article from Pete should stop the complaining about the kid taking a scholarship:

Advertisement
Back