Forgive my lack of football knowledge….

Advertisement
Compared to
1696950566715.png

EVERYONE knows the ACC hates Miami. At this point, the best thing for Miami to do is get up multiple scores then have RAD have fun with his words on the FU departure from the ACC press release.

The ACC immediately came out and punished the refs for that duke KO return, suspended several of them if im not mistaken.

Has anything been spoken from the ACC in regards to this failed review, let alone over 50% of the calls for the entire game? Or is this one of them tobacco road mafia "now we're even" type of things?
I am sure if the ACC finds any video evidence it was not a fumble they will issue a statement. That is what they usually do. Waste of time. When you cant get it right with replay scrap the **** ****.

The answer to your “why” question is that the refs need to be called out for giving Miami the Miami treatment for the millionth time.
correct. The officiating and the horrendous play call or 2 separate issues that should be under 2 separate microscopes. No need to lump the 2 together like some are doing.

The playcall was terrible and should have been a knee.

The officiating was terrible throughout the game and the replay should have done it's job and overturned it.

Both are wrong and deserved to be called out as such.

Advertisement
Imagine of this happened to Bama or Ohio State?
Monday would have rolled around and the game would be overruled and the outcome would be changed - if it was as cut and dry as he was down the clock runs out like that. Zero question about it. Not even a penalty judgement call or anything. This is something the booth should have seen.

There’s been a few games where it should be done and it never has. Don’t expect it ever will until it happens to Bama or OSU.

Yeah you cant convince me this isn't on purpose. Some mathematian could probably more or less prove this is intentional if they compared penalties against Miami over time versus other teams in the ACC.

correct. The officiating and the horrendous play call or 2 separate issues that should be under 2 separate microscopes. No need to lump the 2 together like some are doing.

The officiating was terrible throughout the game and the replay should have done it's job and overturned it.

As that NBA ref Donaghy, who was caught for cheating revealed...
...you don't need to make egregious miscalls. Just manipulating or having thumbs on scale for 50-50 or 40-60 type calls can bring desired outcomes.
Therefore accountability on all calls needs to be instilled as an umpiring culture. Hence calling out these are critical.

Last edited:
Advertisement

100% this.. because if this happens during the course of the game no one will look or care.. It's still a blunder

Advertisement
I knew we were cooked after the TD call back , and then the .5 yard first down review really got me shook....then this.
GT had more penalties but less yardage than us. But it was almost entirely procedural - jumping early and illegal formation type stuff. The one facemask where Chaney's lid was pulled off.

Miami got every single judgment call. The phantom hold that called the TD back, a joke of roughing the passer when he got kicked and tripped into the QB, joke taunting call.

Meanwhile GT didn't hold 1 time? Right. Not a single PI? Ok. They had a kid blatantly throw a punch that wasn't called. It's all egregious. Happens on a weekly basis. Another reason we're not beating UNC. You have to have players up for a game after what happened, on the road, against an NFL QB, tons of weapons, and you have to beat the refs against the darling of the ACC - where over half of the ACC headquarters employees attended school and donate.

Advertisement
Question, has the head ref from the gt game ever called any other of our games?

Last edited:
why? the obvious and easy response is well if you had a coach w a brain, this isnt a thing. stop finding excuses for what happened. it isnt the refs fault we lost. it isnt dons fault. its the coaches and thats it.

Two things could be correct.
Mario screwed up not taking a knee, no one is denying this.

However, only someone with an agenda is dismissing that errant call as well other atrocious calls, including one which removed a TD from our scoreboard.
The officiating was a major factor in why we lost this game and don't get me started on how our opponents never get flagged for offensive holding.
It's disgusting.

Last edited:
Guys and gals. I’m really new at this American football thing. Can someone please explain what down by contact is?
View attachment 260811
Craziest thing about this whole incident is that if we weren't wearing the BLACK "Miami Nights" jerseys, it would have been clearly visible where the ball was when his elbow hit the ground.

Advertisement
Back