Forget sony lets talk about Defensive recruits need them

Let me say first that by no means am I saying Clark will be a bust, but at the same time I can't call him the biggest priority for us just yet. If signing day were tomorrow, then yes. But remember Keef took a step back his senior season and DTs emerge.

Again I love Clark and hope we get him but right now I want to see his senior season. Might just be me here but he has some concerns. His ranking is nice but he has a lot of room for improvement.

Advertisement
And the same ones who trash this kid will be the same ones loving him if he signs with Miami next February. Amateur hour over here. We can't afford to lose these kids in South Florida.

Who trashed him in this thread? Calling him a fake Miami fan isn't trashing him, Ma'am. If you are a real Miami fan and get the chance to shine on the field as a Cane, win Championships as a Cane, have a degree from the University of Miami, amongst a number of other positive things, and reject it for another place, then you are clearly not a Miami fan.

I gotta agree with this. It's not trash talking at all. If you are a Miami fan and turn down an offer to play FOOTBALL FOR MIAMI, then you aren't a Miami fan.

And that is a scientific fact!

Agreed that he is living off his rep from his sophomore year and he needs to step it up this year. If I had to chose between getting Sony or Khari I say Khari and I have always said that. No sour grapes here. If we lose Khari to some BS school like UF or LSU I will REALLY be ****ed then.

RB is an enormously big need. If you constantly select players for next year's needs, you never get anywhere.

We are in South Florida and, for next year, we only have 2 top level backs right now. We should always have a stable of 3-4 top level backs.

We need to recruit 2 star RBs this year.

We will. Long time until February and we also have elder and Edwards coming in...

RB is an enormously big need. If you constantly select players for next year's needs, you never get anywhere.

We are in South Florida and, for next year, we only have 2 top level backs right now. We should always have a stable of 3-4 top level backs.

We need to recruit 2 star RBs this year.

We will. Long time until February and we also have elder and Edwards coming in...

Don't forget Clements will be back from injury for fall practice.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We dominated the OL so far, but we need elite defensive linemen in the worst way. Arab $ was a nice start, but we need more top-flight defensive ends and we have to hit on some dt's. If we don't, we will never return to anywhere near dominant or relevant again.

So, what are the predictions here?

DT: Stuckey, Khairi Clark?, Gaillard (gone be tough),

DE: Chad Thomas?, Who's this Lambert DE playing for the Burke County HS Bear up around Augusta, GA?

OLB: Mike Smith?, Vincent Jackson????

MLB: What are our chances with Raekwon Miller?

DB: Treon Harris???

K: Jonathan Semerene (just added bc he kicks 70 yarders and plays at Cypress Bay (Weston)

And the same ones who trash this kid will be the same ones loving him if he signs with Miami next February. Amateur hour over here. We can't afford to lose these kids in South Florida.

Antone Smith was a disaster!
Bobby Washington was a disaster!
Alex Collins was a disaster!
Kevin Groons was a disaster!

And on and on

I'll still be at the game on Saturday.

Sony Michel or not

How was Grooms a disaster he was CUSA freshman of the year. LOL!!!! The stuff people post.

Last edited:

DE: Chad Thomas?, Who's this Lambert DE playing for the Burke County HS Bear up around Augusta, GA?

K: Jonathan Semerene (just added bc he kicks 70 yarders and plays at Cypress Bay (Weston)

dt: first 2 i think are a yes and Gailard is tough but i think that his visit will be telling if we will lock him in
de: Chad will be a lock but maybe have to wait till NSD
olb: Mike is a done deal and Vince is all over the place so nobody has a clue with him

Advertisement
Honestly we need a total of 9 guys for the front 7 in this recruiting class. 4 DTs, 4 LBs and 2 DEs would be great for us.

Advertisement
Countless of posters on this site have made idiotic comments about Sony. I get it, it's sour grapes, but man up. Don't give me we don't need him or we don't need RBs, thats total horse beep. We have to close on these kinds of South Florida talents. PERIOD. Imagine where we would be had Duke never came to Miami? Hopefully Golden can fix this trend with these kids going to SEC schools.

Countless of posters on this site have made idiotic comments about Sony. I get it, it's sour grapes, but man up. Don't give me we don't need him or we don't need RBs, thats total horse beep. We have to close on these kinds of South Florida talents. PERIOD. Imagine where we would be had Duke never came to Miami? Hopefully Golden can fix this trend with these kids going to SEC schools.

okay we get it we lost a player we needed

dt: first 2 i think are a yes and Gailard is tough but i think that his visit will be telling if we will lock him in
olb: Mike is a done deal and Vince is all over the place so nobody has a clue with him

Since the whole Ice Harris fiasco, you are the only person that I have heard say that Chad Thomas is a lock. What makes you say that?

Since the whole Ice Harris fiasco, you are the only person that I have heard say that Chad Thomas is a lock. What makes you say that?

He constantly talks about UM, FSU and LSU is in his top 3 but also is very interested in the music program. That beats both of those schools out by a mile, now if USC and Vandy get's in the picture then it''s a challenge. As far as Ice Harris is concerned I think he can only do so much because Chad doesn't attend Booker T he just plays for the team so idk how much of a great relationship they have so I think the music factor will mean more, that is unless he's trolling us but I heard him on the piano and dude is talented as ****

Advertisement
Back