Forget sony lets talk about Defensive recruits need them

Advertisement
Thomas is FSU/UM battle, not a lock at all. Think we are in a good position tho. I highly doubt Harris (FSU) is coming here & the same w/ Vincent (SEC). Raekwon the MLB is a longshot he's a OSU lean. The kicker doesn't have an offer, we will probably see how our kicker situation plays out before offering. We brought in the kicker Columbus & Austin Barnard who is a punter/kicker.

So, what are the predictions here?

DT: Stuckey, Khairi Clark?, Gaillard (gone be tough),

DE: Chad Thomas?, Who's this Lambert DE playing for the Burke County HS Bear up around Augusta, GA?

OLB: Mike Smith?, Vincent Jackson????

MLB: What are our chances with Raekwon Miller?

DB: Treon Harris???

K: Jonathan Semerene (just added bc he kicks 70 yarders and plays at Cypress Bay (Weston)

dt: first 2 i think are a yes and Gailard is tough but i think that his visit will be telling if we will lock him in
de: Chad will be a lock but maybe have to wait till NSD
olb: Mike is a done deal and Vince is all over the place so nobody has a clue with him

Since the whole Ice Harris fiasco, you are the only person that I have heard say that Chad Thomas is a lock. What makes you say that?

The whole ice fiasco, that's funny, what about this time last year, we were bringing in the killer b's, the best DL recruits since the beginning, this year Sony was a lock since the 8th grade, and the DT from Aquinas was as well. so many fans are like that Danny dude on grassy, clueless, let this stuff play out. We have a guy that will not year in, year out have the placekicker as the second-string DT. We may not get all the kids from so. florida, but he is showing he will not be recover. Did anyone else enjoy spring like I did, even though kids were hurt, we were not moving the whole team around to make adjustments.

RB is not a real need postion right now we need Defense more than anything

Rb is a definite need but we got J. Yearby. The staff needs to make sure we dont lose him to Telly Lockette at USF then worry about Cook and Sony after that. If Miami ends up w/ Yearby and another solid rb recruit then i'm good regardless.

Defensively Miami needs everyone... and i hope a couple of elite oos linebacker prospects are considering UM b/c FSU already got all the elite lb recruits from florida like they seem to do every year. Smh.

Advertisement
RB is an enormously big need. If you constantly select players for next year's needs, you never get anywhere.

We are in South Florida and, for next year, we only have 2 top level backs right now. We should always have a stable of 3-4 top level backs.

We need to recruit 2 star RBs this year.
Dalvin Cook Dalvin Cook Dalvin Cook. I know this kid is committed to the Gators, but its early and I have a feeling Golden will start recruiting him hard. And I'm guessing a win against the Gators in Sunlife Stadium might help as well

RB is an enormously big need. If you constantly select players for next year's needs, you never get anywhere.

We are in South Florida and, for next year, we only have 2 top level backs right now. We should always have a stable of 3-4 top level backs.

We need to recruit 2 star RBs this year.
Dalvin Cook Dalvin Cook Dalvin Cook. I know this kid is committed to the Gators, but its early and I have a feeling Golden will start recruiting him hard. And I'm guessing a win against the Gators in Sunlife Stadium might help as well

A win against the Gators would be great but I think many are really overstating what it would do for recruiting.

Last edited:
Yea I dont think it'll win him over, but you have to think if he is there in attendance (definitely will) and he sees Sunlife rocking with fans and an amazing atmosphere and a program changing win, it'll have a positive impact on his thoughts of the ll_ll

Advertisement
Yea I dont think it'll win him over, but you have to think if he is there in attendance (definitely will) and he sees Sunlife rocking with fans and an amazing atmosphere and a program changing win, it'll have a positive impact on his thoughts of the ll_ll

Yeah, not saying it will hurt and it probably help but it will not be a reason whether he flips or not.

Advertisement
Back