For those worried about Jeff Scott

Advertisement
Also this guy would more than likely be doubling his salary by coming here, no state tax!

The highest state income tax is 11% and that’s hardly doubling salary

Even if you consider no state tax I bet Clemson has cheaper property tax and real estate and overall lower cost of living mitigating any tax benefits he would have in Florida

I like jeff scott championship experience, applewhite hasnt done much but cause problems, tom herman also had a play sheet for those 2 years at houston then what happened and can apple recruit, this shows manny is smart and this is a good sign

Advertisement
The highest state income tax is 11% and that’s hardly doubling salary

Even if you consider no state tax I bet Clemson has cheaper property tax and real estate and overall lower cost of living mitigating any tax benefits he would have in Florida

He's making around $500K now, common sense says we're probably paying the next oc here around 800K to 1mil, plus not state tax, not sure how you missed that!

Better than children who value playcalling over gameplanning. Any idiot can execute a plan.
Couldn't be further from the truth. Anybody can watch film and create a gameplan. Coley was a good gameplan guy too. He just couldn't call plays for **** once defenses adjusted. That's why being a good play caller is far more important. Any defensive coordinator worth a **** is going to make adjustments, and any offensive coordinator worth a **** is going to have to as well. A solid gameplan only takes you so far. I wouldn't hate the hire, but I don't think a first time play caller is a good idea for Manny Diaz.

Last edited:
I like applewhite because I’ve seen his calling at Houston.
I like Scott because if you want to be the best in your division steal from whose doing it the best. You get stronger and they get weaker.

However, it’s funny how our fans ***** both ways. We don’t want the experienced guy who hasn’t been perfect and we don’t want the inexperienced who hasn’t taken his lumps. What the **** would please this board?

Was about to post this also. You can’t make this up. Have ppl forgotten the names of the last 5-6 OCs here? Absolute bums, all of these guys are better and should be able to produce.

That being said I’ve been wondering for years why haven’t we tried to raid Clemson. We should be poaching as many talented ppl from them as possible. I like this hire if that’s who it is. There is added benefit also for the next 2 years becuase he knows those players strengths and weaknesses and the same goes for that offense and how they plan to attack and think. That information would be crucial to evening the playing field.

Advertisement
Couldn't be further from the truth. Anybody can watch film and create a gameplan. Coley was a good gameplan guy too. He just couldn't call plays for **** once defenses adjusted. That's why being a good play caller is far more important. Any defensive coordinator worth a **** is going to make adjustments, and any offensive coordinator worth a **** is going to have to as well. A solid gameplan only takes you so far. I wouldn't hate the hire, but I don't think a first time play caller is a good idea for Manny Diaz.

So based on clemson's passing attack these past 5 years...you don't think this guy knows how to gameplan and adjust?? HE is responsible for the passing attack. Nobody else.

Years ago Clemson ran a trick play on us where the receiver looked across the field like the coach was tell him something, then counted the players and ran toward the sideline like he was the 12th guy. Miami figured he was running off the field and didn't cover him and of course paid the price.

Find the guy that dreamed up that play.

IF, and that's a big IF, Scott is the choice, an epic scenario would be for Baga to whip Clem$on and then while Dablo is down, kick him in the nads by poaching his Co-OC.
Even if Clem$on were to win, poaching Scott would take some of the shine off their win.

Tho I haven’t watched Clemson’s O much, what I have seen looked pretty Vanilla and statistic....even saw the infamous four verts...lol. Aside from having superior talent, is their O that much different than than what we ran?

Advertisement
I like applewhite because I’ve seen his calling at Houston.
I like Scott because if you want to be the best in your division steal from whose doing it the best. You get stronger and they get weaker.

However, it’s funny how our fans ***** both ways. We don’t want the experienced guy who hasn’t been perfect and we don’t want the inexperienced who hasn’t taken his lumps. What the **** would please this board?
Give me the experience
FSU hired Kendall Briles. IMO that’s the bar. We need to hire someone as good or better.
So why not hire his former boss

Advertisement
And Fork Fedora. He single handedly ruined the UNC program because he couldn’t recruit. He had a pass last year with the injuries. The truth is you take away his first round QB and he sucks a big fat Kenneth with whip cream and a cherry on top.

We wouldn’t be hiring him as a head coach.

He has an entire career as an OC showing your post is completely wrong.

So Clemson just gonna roll over and let go of their best recruiter to one of the biggest threats in the conference? let’s see what transpires but something tells me it’s mother smoke screen LOL.

i'm not too thrilled about the guy

but yeah, that's how promotions work. this would be a huge opportunity for him to call plays for the first time at a major program, they can't really stop it

Tho I haven’t watched Clemson’s O much, what I have seen looked pretty Vanilla and statistic....even saw the infamous four verts...lol. Aside from having superior talent, is their O that much different than than what we ran?

Their offense is a lot different and a lot better. Yes, as their talent has improved they’ve incorporated more pro-style concepts, but their blueprint is exactly the blueprint we need to follow. They used a modern, up-tempo scheme to put up big numbers and increase success. As they won more games, their recruiting improved and they were able to add more concepts into their offense.

Advertisement
Back