For those worried about Jeff Scott

Kjdcanefan

Junior
Despite the guy not being a playcaller, he has the task of ganeplanning the whole passing attack from week to week. Tony Elliot has little to no say in the game plan for passing, only the run game. Having a solid gameplan is much more important than calling said gameplan. If Jeff Scott is hired, this would be the homerun hire I'd be looking for.

It isn't hard to call a run game for Miami either with the stable of talented backs the canes have.

Developing the O line and having WR's that can catch concern me the most.

Advertisement
Scott>Applewhite we have seen what applewhite can do. This guy has been apart of a program on top of college football for the last 5-6 years. He knows how it should be run and has recruited at a high level. If this is the name I would be all for it

Advertisement
I definitely have concerns. I would be okay with the hire but just would leave an empty feeling

This is our chance to bring in a proven top notch OC to turn our program around

I would hate to give someone their first shot and it backfire. Especially when it's hard to see how good his impact has been. I mean he's got the most talented team in the country outside of maybe Alabama and Ohio State and elite RB, QB, and WR. How hard is it to scheme against Syracuse etc

Advertisement
Scott>Applewhite we have seen what applewhite can do. This guy has been apart of a program on top of college football for the last 5-6 years. He knows how it should be run and has recruited at a high level. If this is the name I would be all for it

Sounds like the same BS we said about James coley when we got him from FSU. Come to found out we see why Jimbo was okay with letting us have him. Smh.

I definitely have concerns. I would be okay with the hire but just would leave an empty feeling

I would hate to give someone their first shot and it backfire. Especially when it's hard to see how good his impact has been. I mean he's got the most talented team in the country outside of maybe Alabama and Ohio State and elite RB, QB, and WR. How hard is it to scheme against Syracuse etc
Probably not many options right now

And now y’all see why Clemson recruits so well.

Grown *** men on this site talking themselves into a non-playcalling OC being a “slam dunk” just because he coaches at Clemson.

And that’s why they get whatever kid they want. Because the water just tastes better at Clemson. SMH

Advertisement
I like applewhite because I’ve seen his calling at Houston.
I like Scott because if you want to be the best in your division steal from whose doing it the best. You get stronger and they get weaker.

However, it’s funny how our fans ***** both ways. We don’t want the experienced guy who hasn’t been perfect and we don’t want the inexperienced who hasn’t taken his lumps. What the **** would please this board?

Advertisement
Now that it leaked before the title game its not likely to happen, so no reason to worry.

And now y’all see why Clemson recruits so well.

Grown *** men on this site talking themselves into a non-playcalling OC being a “slam dunk” just because he coaches at Clemson.

And that’s why they get whatever kid they want. Because the water just tastes better at Clemson. SMH

Better than children who value playcalling over gameplanning. Any idiot can execute a plan.

Sounds like the same BS we said about James coley when we got him from FSU. Come to found out we see why Jimbo was okay with letting us have him. Smh.
Except that offense IMO was always all Jimbo from years back with their qbs being garbage yet he played to their strengths but I was never super impressed unless they had a great qb. Clemson's offense is completely a weekly gameplan designed to beat the team they play. Now I have my worries too but this isn't the same as Coley

This about sums up my thoughts.

Advertisement
Back