For those worried about Jeff Scott

Advertisement
I like applewhite because I’ve seen his calling at Houston.
I like Scott because if you want to be the best in your division steal from whose doing it the best. You get stronger and they get weaker.

However, it’s funny how our fans ***** both ways. We don’t want the experienced guy who hasn’t been perfect and we don’t want the inexperienced who hasn’t taken his lumps. What the **** would please this board?
Give me the experience

Now that it leaked before the title game its not likely to happen, so no reason to worry.

This seems like it was leaked as a last shot at baywatch, cause if he goes to OU, he has to ask himself, who is the last receiver to come out of Oklahoma worth anything!

Advertisement
People on here have complained about how low our standards have dropped when we got excited about winning the coastal and 10 games

Why the **** should we be pumped about a first time play caller who has nothing showing that Clemson's success is largely due to him with Dabo and Elliot running the show

Were Miami, we need a top level proven OC

Advertisement
Despite the guy not being a playcaller, he has the task of ganeplanning the whole passing attack from week to week. Tony Elliot has little to no say in the game plan for passing, only the run game. Having a solid gameplan is much more important than calling said gameplan. If Jeff Scott is hired, this would be the homerun hire I'd be looking for.

It isn't hard to call a run game for Miami either with the stable of talented backs the canes have.

Developing the O line and having WR's that can catch concern me the most.

Since the first rumors came out about the first candidate, I've felt like it'd be best to reserve judgement, for me at least, until the end of the first year, no matter who it is. No matter what they did elsewhere, them in Miami is a different animal.

I've been wrong enough times when I thought I had enough to have an informed opinion on a coaching candidate coming here to know I should prolly just wait now. lol

I'm in "We'll See Mode" until this time next year. lol

He's the co-offensive coordinator and WR coach, which means there's room for a QB coach. Manny is talking to a lot of dudes and he should try to hire more than one. I think he sees the coaching depth of his defense and he'd like to create something similar on offense. I feel like the sticking-point if any is about the QB/OC relationship.

Advertisement
Since the first rumors came out about the first candidate, I've felt like it'd be best to reserve judgement, for me at least, until the end of the first year, no matter who it is. No matter what they did elsewhere, them in Miami is a different animal.

I've been wrong enough times when I thought I had enough to have an informed opinion on a coaching candidate coming here to know I should prolly just wait now. lol

I'm in "We'll See Mode" until this time next year. lol

After all the past OCs in recent years I can respect that man. Nix, all verticals whipple and 1st quarter corley all were trash. Jedi was a good OC.

Despite the guy not being a playcaller, he has the task of ganeplanning the whole passing attack from week to week. Tony Elliot has little to no say in the game plan for passing, only the run game. Having a solid gameplan is much more important than calling said gameplan. If Jeff Scott is hired, this would be the homerun hire I'd be looking for.

It isn't hard to call a run game for Miami either with the stable of talented backs the canes have.

Developing the O line and having WR's that can catch concern me the most.
No worries. Patke amd Banda can be co-play callers. Who needs play callers, anyhow?

Either one would be a homerun hire for UM. I’m tired of settling for La tech, Temple, and Toledo types.

Well I remember Urban Meyer was a Bowling Green, Utah type until he got his break at UF. I’m so much concerned about where they’re coming from as opposed to what they bring to the table. Heck, I wouldn’t be opposed to Graham Harrell. He has a heck of a track record and a good pedigree.

Advertisement
People are afraid of the unknown. They'd rather hire a failed held coach than take a chance on an up-and-coming guy with loads of potential, and oh yeah, he happens to be an ace recruiter. You can't satisfy everyone but I have confidence Manny knows who the right hire is.

So Clemson just gonna roll over and let go of their best recruiter to one of the biggest threats in the conference? let’s see what transpires but something tells me it’s mother smoke screen LOL.

Advertisement
Back