For those who follow college football closely

To what do you attribute the sudden and dramatic change in LSU's offensive production in the 3 games since Miles was fired? They didn't go to a wide open spread, but the subtle tweaks Ensminger has made are paying huge dividends so far.

Same exact players who could do NOTHING offensively the last couple years. And they were without Fournette for 2 of the 3 games under Orgeron/Ensminger.

They set LSU offensive records in the first 2 games, and they looked unstoppable against Old **** yesterday. Night and day difference in offensive production. They look to be much more diverse offensively which is opening up the run game.

Tough call to judge on the last 2 opponents.
So Miss gave up 35 to Kentucky, the only other P5 school they played.
In 4 of Ole ****' P5 games, they gave up 45, 48, 34, and 38.
I do agree, though, that they are now playing with "a little somethin" on O.
I'd love to see them lay a 40-spot at home against 'Bama next week.
The teams LSU has played are far from elite defensively. But one of the major knocks on LSU the last few years is they've even struggled against bad defenses.

The excuse that posters are making that LSU hasn't played elite defenses and therefore their stats are inflated is actually pretty inept thinking.

I don't know if this was directed towards me but i'm pretty consistent with wanting to see more, in this case just a 2 game sample.
I did acknowledge that the O has a different feel to it.
After next week we'll have results with LSU going against a pretty good defensive team.

To your rant, if LSU continues like this, and we can add those wrinkles, maybe there's hope for the last 5 games after all.

Wasn't directed towards you, just in general the excuse of well LSU or other teams have more talent on the Line, or teams have played inferior defenses has been brought up before not just in this thread (comparing other teams vs ours). For instance PSU just beat OSU...it's very easy to say that the talent on OSU is vastly superior to PSU, however playcalling played a huge role in the win for PSU. The arguement that I'm trying to convey is Richt is out of his element right now and while he continues to blame himself there has been no change.

Just like you said, I hope Richt can add some wrinkles that changes the way opposing teams play us. **** teams only need to rush 4 because our receivers can't get separation and Kaaya can't extend the play, our OL is also trash city. Teams can also blitz the house and Kaaya will not be able to evade the rush. Now I'm not an offensive guru and neither are any of the posters on this board but why is it that everyone notices that things need to be different and the continued use of RPO is just regurgitated garbage, but Richt doesn't see that. How come we can all see Yearby is by far the more complete back with better vision but Richt and OC Brown can't? Richt has nobody to check with when **** is going wrong, because he just stays wrong and IMO thats what he needs, someone to check with...not a glorified RB coach being labeled as the OC or the QB coach teaching up Kaaya on his first job. We need some experience and some juice on the staff in relation to playcalling which we simply don't have.

We all got questions man. Everyone is just on edge right now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Who cares? Shut up already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

If your avatar is your car, it wouldn't be smart to mouth off to people online.
Oh really? Should I be worried about the internet tough guys? Clearly I am not worried about anyone on this board. Yah, that's my ride and license plate.

Yes,you should. Especially with a forum full of unhinged weirdos.

Btw only poors only drive cars from 2007

Agree on the first part, not so much on the second. I have an uncle who is a very well respected, but now retired doctor, who drove a Ford Bronco for probably 30 years. Nothing about his car or his appearance said money. He has classic cars galore (Vette's, T-Burds, and some others mixed in, lives in the water, has an 80'ish foot yacht, and a home in the Virgin Islands. Granted, most people with money flash it, but that poster may have a family, cars paid off, and his money is moving towards college or retirment funds for all we know.

It was more in jist that he is a poor. I don't know QP's financial standing. But I've seen people loaded with money that drive beaters.

To the Original Post.

After watching 30 plus years of college and pro football, I can tell you exactly what it is.

Its the interim coach automatic bump. Once a coach is replaced the team always gets excited again and play two to three good games and then they return back to reality.

It NEVER fails.

They changed their qb, Miamis offense is still garbage bc we keep starting our pocket passer version of LSUs Brandon Harris. I know you're a Brad Kaaya apologist so I don't think you thought this thread through lol

I'm not quite sure what your position is on Kaaya.

I'm not going by any stats here but didn't the same thing happen when he took over at USC?

Advertisement
To the Original Post.

After watching 30 plus years of college and pro football, I can tell you exactly what it is.

Its the interim coach automatic bump. Once a coach is replaced the team always gets excited again and play two to three good games and then they return back to reality.

It NEVER fails.

Did Larry Scott get that automatic 2 or 3 game bump when we played UNC last year?

To the Original Post.

It NEVER fails.

Did Larry Scott get that automatic 2 or 3 game bump when we played UNC last year?

No. So what's your point? Larry Scott took over and won 2 straight. Sounds like exactly what I said.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who cares? Shut up already.

If your avatar is your car, it wouldn't be smart to mouth off to people online.
Oh really? Should I be worried about the internet tough guys? Clearly I am not worried about anyone on this board. Yah, that's my ride and license plate.

Yes,you should. Especially with a forum full of unhinged weirdos.

Btw only poors only drive cars from 2007

Agree on the first part, not so much on the second. I have an uncle who is a very well respected, but now retired doctor, who drove a Ford Bronco for probably 30 years. Nothing about his car or his appearance said money. He has classic cars galore (Vette's, T-Burds, and some others mixed in, lives in the water, has an 80'ish foot yacht, and a home in the Virgin Islands. Granted, most people with money flash it, but that poster may have a family, cars paid off, and his money is moving towards college or retirment funds for all we know.

Some dudes like the attention.. I live in NY now and most people ride the train to get around. So these Johns look stupid overpaying for cars to get some putan.

To what do you attribute the sudden and dramatic change in LSU's offensive production in the 3 games since Miles was fired? They didn't go to a wide open spread, but the subtle tweaks Ensminger has made are paying huge dividends so far.

Same exact players who could do NOTHING offensively the last couple years. And they were without Fournette for 2 of the 3 games under Orgeron/Ensminger.

They set LSU offensive records in the first 2 games, and they looked unstoppable against Old **** yesterday. Night and day difference in offensive production. They look to be much more diverse offensively which is opening up the run game.

LMAO ANOTHER FAIL AT TRYING TO THROW RICHT UNDER THE BUS

Advertisement
To the Original Post.

It NEVER fails.

No. So what's your point? Larry Scott took over and won 2 straight. Sounds like exactly what I said.

No, it's not an automatic bump.

Miami (2015), FIU (only because those games were against the worst teams on their schedule), and LSU are the only teams to get your auto 2-3 game bump.

4 coaches have been fired during this season, but only 2 have gone on win streaks, immediatley after the firing. Purdue just lost the following 3 games after firing Hazell. Fresno St. lost it's 2 following games after firing their coach.

USC lost it's second game after Kiffin, and their first game after Sark. Last year, North Texas went on a 2 game losing streak after firing their HC. Same with Minnesota, except they went on a 3 game losing streak. There are plenty of other examples that I could list. It's no so common, nor is it automatic.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back