For those who follow college football closely

To what do you attribute the sudden and dramatic change in LSU's offensive production in the 3 games since Miles was fired? They didn't go to a wide open spread, but the subtle tweaks Ensminger has made are paying huge dividends so far.

Same exact players who could do NOTHING offensively the last couple years. And they were without Fournette for 2 of the 3 games under Orgeron/Ensminger.

They set LSU offensive records in the first 2 games, and they looked unstoppable against Old **** yesterday. Night and day difference in offensive production. They look to be much more diverse offensively which is opening up the run game.

Tough call to judge on the last 2 opponents.
So Miss gave up 35 to Kentucky, the only other P5 school they played.
In 4 of Ole ****' P5 games, they gave up 45, 48, 34, and 38.
I do agree, though, that they are now playing with "a little somethin" on O.
I'd love to see them lay a 40-spot at home against 'Bama next week.

Advertisement

End thread because Ensminger is using the same playbook but calling plays much more effectively with it and using his TEs more?

Are you dumb enough to think a playbook calls itself? No one is inventing new plays, smart guy. It's all about calling the right ones at the right times and keeping the defense off balance. There's a serious art to calling plays well.

View attachment 39755

You got nothing because you actually thought a new OC would install an entirely new system 3 games into a season.

You think the "same playbook" is some smoking gun because your dopey *** thinks that anyone would even contemplate installing an entirely new offense 3 games into a season. And you're too dim to understand that two guys can use the same playbook and get entirely different results with it.

Hit me with another misplaced "End thread" gif, genius.

View attachment 39757

Congratulations on conpletely misusing the scumbag steve meme. You must be 75 years old.

According to their coach, it's the same playbook. But he's calling more plays to highlight their TEs. Probably because that use to be his position group.

Steve Ensminger on LSU's big night: 'Nothing changed. It was the same plays'
View attachment 39753

End thread because Ensminger is using the same playbook but calling plays much more effectively with it and using his TEs more?

Are you dumb enough to think a playbook calls itself? No one is inventing new plays, smart guy. It's all about calling the right ones at the right times and keeping the defense off balance. There's a serious art to calling plays well.

That's a good statement. Play calling is an art and it's all about having a feel of the game flow and more importantly a feel of your teams strengths and weaknesses. I don't think Richt has a feel for the game flow yet, credit that to being rusty or whatever because he used to be a master at that, calling the right plays at the right times. He also doesn't have a feel of his team just yet either, still hasn't figured out what Kaaya does best, our strongest personnel groupings, etc.

Both of those are concerning but at the same time I also think it's stuff thatll be fixed by himself or he'll be smart enough to hire someone to do it.

Rick might still be a good OC if he was up in the booth and that was his only responsibility. It takes a pretty special mind capable of the ultimate in multi-tasking to stand on the sidelines as a HC with other responsibility with the worst view in the house of what's transpiring on the field to come out of mothballs after 10 years and call a great offense.

There are times when he's staring at that call sheet in the heat of a tight game where he looks completely confounded. I think he'd do himself a major favor handing the playcalling off. Too bad he hired guys incapable of taking that task from him.

It seems to have worked very well for Malzahn when he handed those duties to his protege Lashley a few weeks ago.

View attachment 39755

You got nothing because you actually thought a new OC would install an entirely new system 3 games into a season.

You think the "same playbook" is some smoking gun because your dopey *** thinks that anyone would even contemplate installing an entirely new offense 3 games into a season. And you're too dim to understand that two guys can use the same playbook and get entirely different results with it.

View attachment 39757

Leave the discussion to men. You've found a good niche for yourself posting someone else's gifs.

To what do you attribute the sudden and dramatic change in LSU's offensive production in the 3 games since Miles was fired? They didn't go to a wide open spread, but the subtle tweaks Ensminger has made are paying huge dividends so far.

Same exact players who could do NOTHING offensively the last couple years. And they were without Fournette for 2 of the 3 games under Orgeron/Ensminger.

They set LSU offensive records in the first 2 games, and they looked unstoppable against Old **** yesterday. Night and day difference in offensive production. They look to be much more diverse offensively which is opening up the run game.

The teams LSU has played are far from elite defensively. But one of the major knocks on LSU the last few years is they've even struggled against bad defenses.

Advertisement

View attachment 39755

View attachment 39757

Leave the discussion to men. You've found a good niche for yourself posting someone else's gifs.

39559-OP-will-surely-deliver-We-just-4lFx.jpg

View attachment 39755

View attachment 39757

Congratulations on conpletely misusing the scumbag steve meme. You must be 75 years old.

Yep I coNpletely misused it.

I think you answered your own question. Orgeron and Ensminger. They did what we unanimously want, a change in OC, tweeked offense and better play calling. It took 3 years of rumbling, an attempted coup and finally a quarter into the season firing before more capable OC could make the necessary changes. If Rick announced the hiring of a hot shot OC before season's end it would rejuvenate our offensive recruiting.

I think you answered your own question. Orgeron and Ensminger. They did what we unanimously want, a change in OC, tweeked offense and better play calling. It took 3 years of rumbling, an attempted coup and finally a quarter into the season firing before more capable OC could make the necessary changes. If Rick announced the hiring of a hot shot OC before season's end it would rejuvenate our offensive recruiting.

Auburn is another good example of this. Malzahn got out of his own way. They are a completely different team now, and as a result, he has saved his job.

Look out for them in the Iron Bowl.

Advertisement

The teams LSU has played are far from elite defensively. But one of the major knocks on LSU the last few years is they've even struggled against bad defenses.

The excuse that posters are making that LSU hasn't played elite defenses and therefore their stats are inflated is actually pretty inept thinking. Just to remind you guys, USF put up 30+ points on FSU and we could barely touch the endzone. UNC was far from elite defensively yet we couldn't move the ball on them, and just now against V-Tech their defense is pretty dog****.

Not sure if there was changes made for LSU in the playbook (maybe a few wrinkles) but sometimes when HC's get fired the players either get fired up or just lose all faith in the season. . When watching the LSU games earlier in the season the offense looked eerily similar to Richt. Just trying to stuff Fournette down the defense's throat when they stack 8-9 in the box. There was no Play Action no misdirection, nothing. The same can be said for Richt.

There have been countless times where we line up in Shotgun, have Walton in the Backfield and there are literally 8-9 players in the box and they just stuff the runner. At that point there needs to be some motion from our Tight ends, some sort of Jetsweep motion fake, some wrinkle to change it up (the Kaaya QB keeper was definitely not it), or how about an Audible...just shows Richt has no faith in Kaaya. Instead, Richt just runs the same plays over and over again with no innovation and it essentially becomes a high school offense. Our playbook consists of RPO's with no QB threat, Four verticals, and Slants. I have yet to see a motion, or a Tight end stack offset the line, no counters, just pure garbage.

As a sidenote, while watching the OSU v PSU game the PSU quarterback would run the RPO on some plays and the defense would have to account for him because he is a threat. The LB's and S for OSU were flat footed because their QB could take off and run with it leading to an easy inside route for the PSU receivers. While small wrinkles and playcalling changes everything, we simply are running an offense that does not work for Kaaya...in the end hindering Richt and Kaaya. However, from what I've seen even if we had Nkosi back there running this Richt offense it is difficult to say how successful it would be. The plays are too vanilla and Richt has no feel for the game whatsoever. He puts us in a negative position right from the get go and if we dont get positive yardage on 1st down it almost always becomes a 3 and out.

Kind've turned into a small rant instead of answering your question Chise but from what I saw there was just a little more creative juices flowing in their offense compared to what I have seen in the past. They also have Fournette who is an Elite back, while we continue to have Walton run into the line and Yearby with no breakaway speed. It really is just a combination of everything and how much we suck atm.

Last edited:

The excuse that posters are making that LSU hasn't played elite defenses and therefore their stats are inflated is actually pretty inept thinking. Just to remind you guys, USF put up 30+ points on FSU and we could barely touch the endzone. UNC was far from elite defensively yet we couldn't move the ball on them, and just now against V-Tech their defense is pretty dog****.

Not sure if there was changes made for LSU in the playbook (maybe a few wrinkles) but sometimes when HC's get fired the players either get fired up or just lose all faith in the season. . When watching the LSU games earlier in the season the offense looked eerily similar to Richt. Just trying to stuff Fournette down the defense's throat when they stack 8-9 in the box. There was no Play Action no misdirection, nothing. The same can be said for Richt.

There have been countless times where we line up in Shotgun, have Walton in the Backfield and there are literally 8-9 players in the box and they just stuff the runner. At that point there needs to be some motion from our Tight ends, some sort of Jetsweep motion fake, some wrinkle to change it up (the Kaaya QB keeper was definitely not it), or how about an Audible...just shows Richt has no faith in Kaaya. Instead, Richt just runs the same plays over and over again with no innovation and it essentially becomes a high school offense. Our playbook consists of RPO's with no QB threat, Four verticals, and Slants. I have yet to see a motion, or a Tight end stack offset the line, no counters, just pure garbage.

As a sidenote, while watching the OSU v PSU game the PSU quarterback would run the RPO on some plays and the defense would have to account for him because he is a threat. The LB's and S for OSU were flat footed because their QB could take off and run with it leading to an easy inside route for the PSU receivers. While small wrinkles and playcalling changes everything, we simply are running an offense that does not work for Kaaya...in the end hindering Richt and Kaaya. However, from what I've seen even if we had Nkosi back there running this Richt offense it is difficult to say how successful it would be. The plays are too vanilla and Richt has no feel for the game whatsoever. He puts us in a negative position right from the get go and if we dont get positive yardage on 1st down it almost always becomes a 3 and out.

Kind've turned into a small rant instead of answering your question Chise but from what I saw there was just a little more creative juices flowing in their offense compared to what I have seen in the past. They also have Fournette who is an Elite back, while we continue to have Walton run into the line and Yearby with no breakaway speed. It really is just a combination of everything and how much we suck atm.

Thanks, man. They didn't have Fournette for two of those wins with Ensminger as OC.

People get too caught up in "the playbook." It's not really the playbook as much as it is the timing of calls and setting plays up right.

Holmgren used to say "run when they think you're gonna throw and throw when they think you're gonna run." Of course, it gets more complex than that, but sometimes deception is underrated. You don't have to run 40 gadget plays. But it would be nice to get some deception going through motion. We look too basic and too easy to defend.

According to their coach, it's the same playbook. But he's calling more plays to highlight their TEs. Probably because that use to be his position group.

Steve Ensminger on LSU's big night: 'Nothing changed. It was the same plays'
View attachment 39753

That's a good statement. Play calling is an art and it's all about having a feel of the game flow and more importantly a feel of your teams strengths and weaknesses. I don't think Richt has a feel for the game flow yet, credit that to being rusty or whatever because he used to be a master at that, calling the right plays at the right times. He also doesn't have a feel of his team just yet either, still hasn't figured out what Kaaya does best, our strongest personnel groupings, etc.

Both of those are concerning but at the same time I also think it's stuff thatll be fixed by himself or he'll be smart enough to hire someone to do it.

Rick might still be a good OC if he was up in the booth and that was his only responsibility. It takes a pretty special mind capable of the ultimate in multi-tasking to stand on the sidelines as a HC with other responsibility with the worst view in the house of what's transpiring on the field to come out of mothballs after 10 years and call a great offense.

There are times when he's staring at that call sheet in the heat of a tight game where he looks completely confounded. I think he'd do himself a major favor handing the playcalling off. Too bad he hired guys incapable of taking that task from him.

It seems to have worked very well for Malzahn when he handed those duties to his protege Lashley a few weeks ago.

Not sure if you are a bad speller are think it cute to constantly say "Rick " when discussing Miami's head coach.

Who cares? Shut up already. We understand your position. You think Richt can't all plays. What are you looking for? An award for your wisdom? Why are spamming the board with the same thread over and over?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

Dude ,nice try but you cant win against 22000 post . This guy is on here day and night making his point-hard to outlast him. No one really cares outside the few who read these boards.

Advertisement

Not sure if you are a bad speller are think it cute to constantly say "Rick " when discussing Miami's head coach.

His subtile way of disrespecting the head coach of the team he supposedly supports.

Your point is valid. I personally think that the players just didn't buy into the offense anymore and weren't playing hard for Miles and Cameron. Ogeron probably said either execute or find a spot on the pine. Same plays but a much different attitude and effort IMO.

Advertisement
Who cares? Shut up already.

If your avatar is your car, it wouldn't be smart to mouth off to people online.
Oh really? Should I be worried about the internet tough guys? Clearly I am not worried about anyone on this board. Yah, that's my ride and license plate.

Yes,you should. Especially with a forum full of unhinged weirdos.

Btw only poors only drive cars from 2007

Agree on the first part, not so much on the second. I have an uncle who is a very well respected, but now retired doctor, who drove a Ford Bronco for probably 30 years. Nothing about his car or his appearance said money. He has classic cars galore (Vette's, T-Burds, and some others mixed in, lives in the water, has an 80'ish foot yacht, and a home in the Virgin Islands. Granted, most people with money flash it, but that poster may have a family, cars paid off, and his money is moving towards college or retirment funds for all we know.

They changed their qb, Miamis offense is still garbage bc we keep starting our pocket passer version of LSUs Brandon Harris. I know you're a Brad Kaaya apologist so I don't think you thought this thread through lol

The excuse that posters are making that LSU hasn't played elite defenses and therefore their stats are inflated is actually pretty inept thinking.

I don't know if this was directed towards me but i'm pretty consistent with wanting to see more, in this case just a 2 game sample.
I did acknowledge that the O has a different feel to it.
After next week we'll have results with LSU going against a pretty good defensive team.

To your rant, if LSU continues like this, and we can add those wrinkles, maybe there's hope for the last 5 games after all.

Who cares? Shut up already.

If your avatar is your car, it wouldn't be smart to mouth off to people online.
Oh really? Should I be worried about the internet tough guys? Clearly I am not worried about anyone on this board. Yah, that's my ride and license plate.

Yes,you should. Especially with a forum full of unhinged weirdos.

Btw only poors only drive cars from 2007

Agree on the first part, not so much on the second. I have an uncle who is a very well respected, but now retired doctor, who drove a Ford Bronco for probably 30 years. Nothing about his car or his appearance said money. He has classic cars galore (Vette's, T-Burds, and some others mixed in, lives in the water, has an 80'ish foot yacht, and a home in the Virgin Islands. Granted, most people with money flash it, but that poster may have a family, cars paid off, and his money is moving towards college or retirment funds for all we know.

Lmao

Advertisement
Back