For Those Who Claim Coach Mark Richt Can't Recruit

Yeah, well, more than a few people still believe that Pearl Harbor might be something the country should remember, but obviously, that event didn't make a big impression on you. How about 9-11...anything?

Yes, I’m still shaken up over it.

Do I get a pass to go suck as a college coach now?

Advertisement
Oh, I see! But, explain this to me, last year during the Canes 10 straight wins you haters fired every coach numerous times and benched or kicked every player off the team at various stages. Yet now, you say teams with impressive records do not struggle. Certainly, you can imagine my confusion when you tell me an 11 and 1 team didn't struggle at times, but an undefeated 10 and 0 team was a full-on disaster.

Here's what I think, you do not have one worldly clue as to how Georgia's season played out.
Miami was the luckiest team on Earth last year. They struggled to beat a decimated UNC, literally took 2 miracles to beat garbage GT and one of the worst FSU teams since Bowden's first season. In typical Rorcht fashion, after that miraculous 10-0 and #2 ranking, got smacked by Pitt, absolutely obliterated by Clemson and embarrassed in the Orange Bowl at home. Oh and after an entire off-season, got embarrassed in front of the whole country as the only game played vs LSU.
Keep fighting the good fight!!

Advertisement
Year 3 and Kirby is 11-1 and playing for a spot in the playoffs again, which Rick did not accomplish once in his 15 years at UGA despite all that talent.

Year 3 and Richt is 7-5 and had his third 4-game losing streak.

Which coach is “struggling” as he loses the previous staff’s players again?

FIFY

Advertisement
Come on man. Richt still is trying to get over the Lou Saban fiasco. That sent recruiting back 50 years.

Man, I've got to tell you, there's not a whole lot of people who defend the Shannon, Golden, and Shapiro happenings. While I try to consider most everyone's opinions, unlike you I believe those events did catastrophic damage to the football program. To each their own, Amigo!

Man, I've got to tell you, there's not a whole lot of people who defend the Shannon, Golden, and Shapiro happenings. While I try to consider most everyone's opinions, unlike you I believe those events did catastrophic damage to the football program. To each their own, Amigo!

No, I agree. The Shannon, Golden, Shapiro, Richt happenings did do catastrophic damage to the team.

Advertisement
We already know his results at Georgia. Two SEC championships(none won since Dubya's second term) and no national championship appearances.

Let's look at facts since he arrived at Miami:

Losses since Notre Dame:
Loss to Pitt, garbage.
Loss to Clemson, playoff contenders year in and year out
Loss to Wisky, garbage.
Loss to LSU, legitimate top 15 team.
Loss to Virginia, garbage
Loss to BC, garbage
Loss to Puke, garbage
Loss to Georgia Tech, garbage.
Currently unranked, garbage
Current class ranking, 30, garbage.
Only bowl win, camping world bowl, garbage.
26-12, garbage.

Since we are on the recruiting topic, there are only two teams with surperior talent, Clemson and LSU. The rest, Canes were better on paper. But this season, has been an abortion.

Advertisement

It's a well known fact that UGA boosters dropped bags for recruits, Rick had plausible deniability but he wasn't about to kill the Golden Goose by reporting it.

At Miami, he won 10 games mostly with Al Golden's players. Now that he actually has to get kids to buy what he is selling and doesn't have bags supporting him, he is hemorrhaging recruits.

Our one hope with kids like Hazlewood is that Dugans points out that even in bad years Miami gets kids into the NFL, and chances are that by Hazlewood's Junior year he can rest assured that the next HC is going to run an offensive system that will give him eye popping numbers and rocket him to the top of the 1st round.

Last edited:
He stinks as a recruiter.

He was good at Georgia...but he also had the invisible hand moving behind the scenes while he got to play the plausible deniability card.

He doesn't have it here and now he's sorting the recruiting prospects list in New York and plucking uncommitted state of New York JAGS to fill out the recruiting class.

Buffoonery and a sign that the man is done...we're just in the waiting room, patiently sitting here, playing on our phones, waiting for the doctor to call us into his office to tell us our results came back...we've got herpes.

He stinks as a recruiter.

He was good at Georgia...but he also had the invisible hand moving behind the scenes while he got to play the plausible deniability card.

He doesn't have it here and now he's sorting the recruiting prospects list in New York and plucking uncommitted state of New York JAGS to fill out the recruiting class.

Buffoonery and a sign that the man is done...we're just in the waiting room, patiently sitting here, playing on our phones, waiting for the doctor to call us into his office to tell us our results came back...we've got herpes.
Mark Richt is the type of coach that turns 4 star offensive players into 3 star players.

Advertisement
Back