For those saying Enos is gone for Michigan State in the next couple years...

Dantonio just got another year added in to his contract, now signed through 2025, approved by the board of trustees, and every February they can add another year to his contract.
Dantonio is not going anywhere unless he wants to, he will eventually retire there, which is great news for us if Enos does well, because he should be ours as long as we want him.
If Enos's name is up for any big HC gigs in 2 years that means we're doing pretty friggin well..

Advertisement
He said a factor in choosing Miami was the location. Said his family fell in love with miami at the orange bowl and on vacation earlier in the year.

After walking around in sandals during the winter it will be hard to go back to East Lansing
ask Scott Frost that it all depends on where enos's aspirations are at.

If he’s going to accomplish some things he has to be successful and it has to be sustainable. OC/DC change is inevitable, most want HC jobs. If their good they go. But, if their good and help bring us back, good young coaches will want to get here. Funny how that works. Let’s pull for Enos, Baker, and their success. Just sayin’
I was going to post the same exact thing.... that's life coaching football in a nutshell.
Oh by the way... Goldbond is great stuff! Hehe.

Advertisement
If the Canes O does well under Enos, I hope he stays a minimum of 3 years. I can't see him uprooting his family again in a shorter period of time.

Advertisement
Yeah would love it IF Enos is the real deal, produces, and the Canes are mega successful right out of the gate this season because honestly, CFB needs us to be its great for the sport. I’m hoping all this enthusiasm is well warranted and that Dan, along with Manny, can get us there.

Dont care if its a one year rental if we win big

This. You can't worry about the future. Fill the staff and roster with guys that will win games. If we get to the playoffs, and some leave for a payday, Manny will find others willing to step in.

wrt Enos, the guy already has head coaching experience, so he'll wait for a Top 20 gig that pays double or more than what he's making at the U, one that has a long-term contract with a buyout. He'll jump if the right package is offered. But those programs won't offer him without him cracking the Top 7 offensive efficiency ratings (points per play/game against top competition). The P5 teams that comprised that group last season were Oklahoma, Bama, Clemson, Georgia, Washington State, Ohio State, West Virginia. And if he does that with our defense and schedule, then we're in the playoffs or contending with Clemson and winning important bowl games. If that happens, I won't complain if we lose him 2-3 years in.

Advertisement
This thread is pretty much the same as another thread where people were either celebrsting or criticizing 2021 recruits, its insane!

What would be your ranking of the most successful upwardly mobile coaches that have worked on the staff at Miami?

Don’t know who said that. But it’s public that Enos has been named the coach in waiting. U think giving an extension means something? Lol
Watch Michigan st crap the bed 2 yrs in a row and see what happens.

Advertisement
Dantonio just got another year added in to his contract, now signed through 2025, approved by the board of trustees, and every February they can add another year to his contract.
Dantonio is not going anywhere unless he wants to, he will eventually retire there, which is great news for us if Enos does well, because he should be ours as long as we want him.
It may not be M. State, but if all goes well the next couple of years with Enos at Miami, someone will snatch him up no doubt

If we win a Natty or get close he will be offered a nice head coach position somewhere
Natty, did you Natty ? Might want to let him call a few plays, maybe win a game or two, before assigning National Championships and anointing him the next HC at Michigan State, was a head coach once, at a lower level, and did not fair too well.

Last edited:
Think about having the alternative to others wanting our coaches

That's when your program really sucks

If Enos leaves in the next couple years it will mean our offense was doing really well. I am fine with that. We should be able to replace him with ease if that is the case.

Advertisement
Back