For those of you interested in this sorta thing...

kid goes to FSU 1)he can be the feature back if Freeman goes into draft, 2) can play with the Heisman Trophy winner for at least 1 season and teams won't be able to stack the box 3) play with a bunch of local Miami kids Treon, MT6, Rashad Green, Bobby Hart, Lane, Worton 4) gets to remain in the state 4) national exposure playing for a team that just came off a national championship appearance.

kid goes to Miami 1) has to share backfield with Duke and Yearby next year than Yearby for the rest of his career 2) gets to play in front of family every week and with highschool teammates 3) play at the same school as brother

kid goes to UF 1) becomes the focal point of offense as soon as he steps on campus 2) quicker drive home than from FSU 3) SEC competition every week to showcase his talents 4) has to play for a school that looks to be going in a downward spiral coach is on the hotseat nobody on offense for opposing defenses to gameplan against

I think if he weighs all his options FSU is the nobrainer pick and I don't think it has anything to do with getting payed.

FSU is stacked at RB next year, and after that they have Green and Pender. Sooooooo, try again

Green and Pender are not in the same atmosphere as Cook

Duke and Yearby are both better than Green and Pender

And you know this how?? We have yet to see Green and Pender play... Duke is awesome, we have to see how Yearby plays at the next level just like Cook

That proves my point Pender and Green have yet to play Duke has been here for 2 years and it is proven the guy is an NFL prospect I think there is no arguing that if any rb was looking at the 3 depth charts Miami would not be the place to choose if u wanted to get on the field and be the feature back Day1

Could Pender and Green be Walter Payton and Jim Brown maybe? but they are unproven at least you know with Duke the guy is a legit Heisman candidate type player back there

LOL my man your all over the place.. you say:

1. Duke and Yearby are better than Green and Pender
2. Green and Pender are not in the same atmosphere as Cook

Yet Green and Pender have yet to play and so has Yearby and Cook, so I dont know how you can make that assumption?? All of those guys with the exception of Duke are unproven until we see their play @ the next level

Advertisement
Why would Cook spoil his announcement by giving it away that easy? I wouldn't read too much into it.

****. At least I won't be feeling like Cleveland fans when Bron decided to come down here now that the writing seems to be on the wall.

Advertisement
If there was a give away it would be the gold cleats he wore in the State final. Similar to the OSU hat Dixon wore pre and post state game.

His friend suggested those gold cleats to him, had nothing to do with FSU.

I know this because I care way too much about this ****.

Advertisement
Why would Cook spoil his announcement by giving it away that easy? I wouldn't read too much into it.

Same thing was said with Dixon wearing the OSU hat at state title game.

He didn't give it away. Still sounds 50/50 between UF and FSU to me.

He can't announce UF at the UA game, right? They don't allow a committed player to announce to the same school.

He didn't give it away. Still sounds 50/50 between UF and FSU to me.

The little things like he chose the staff that didn't recruit him too hard and was cool and gave him space. Def not us we visited him the most.

715.gif

Advertisement
Duke's clearly the best back in the state, but as far as stable of backs goes it's FSU and not even close. I love Crawford's heart and grittiness, but as a RB he's not elite by any means. I doubt that Freeman will go to the NFL, maybe Wilder will as he has the body to take a beating at the next level (Wilder's the better prospect in my eyes). But Karlos Williams is an absolute freak and I'm thrilled that he's a senior next year which means just one more season of seeing him play against us.

Next year the teams will look like the following in terms of Canes and Noles, I'm not including the Gators because they're out of it. Argue with me all you want, but who makes an announcement for the school they're already committed to?

Canes: Duke Johnson (Jr, recovering from fractured ankle), Crawford (RS Jr.), Edwards (Sophmore), Yearby (Fr, recovering from fractured ankle)
Noles: Freeman (Sr), Williams (Sr), Pender (RS Soph), Green (Fr)

Next year is a huge opportunity for Cook to be the 2nd back behind Duke. Cook's an elite talent, but he's not going to be the featured back at either of the programs next year.

Advertisement
FSU RB depth is crazy. DC might not see any real playing time till hes a junior.

Advertisement
Back