For those of you interested in this sorta thing...

Why would Cook spoil his announcement by giving it away that easy? I wouldn't read too much into it.

I used to think that but over the last couple of years, with Alex Collins, Matthew Thomas, Keith Bryant and Johnnie Dixon there where signs right before they announced that showed they were going elsewhere but everyone thought it was to throw people off. These are 16-18 year old kids that I don't think have the ability to plan that far in advance and give out false clues. If you start hearing stuff, it usually is happening.

Advertisement
sucks man. Mom, brother, Yearby, Darling, Roland Williams, Hurlie Brown and the community. He would be turning his back on all of that. Through my biased eyes it just doesn't make any damned sense

And the quote about wanting to go to a school that feels like family and like Miami Central. I personally don't get it but with everything here and how hard the staff went after him I just don't think he was ever coming. Maybe he just wasn't going to play with Yearby after all

FWIW, I accidentally ended up on an FSU article the other day about cook and a lot of the comments talked about how he's a cane lock the same way that we're saying he's a Nole lock. That being said, this interview was not very reassuring. I don't think he's an anything lock until jan 2nd

Advertisement
Never good when our last hope is that the kid is trolling people and then gonna choose UM. How often does that happen?

FWIW, I accidentally ended up on an FSU article the other day about cook and a lot of the comments talked about how he's a cane lock the same way that we're saying he's a Nole lock. That being said, this interview was not very reassuring. I don't think he's an anything lock until jan 2nd

Only lock I ever saw in the last few years was Duke. Those don't come around often anymore unfortunately. Makes me appreciate him that much more.

Only lock I ever saw in the last few years was Duke. Those don't come around often anymore unfortunately. Makes me appreciate him that much more.
I think Darling falls under that cane lock as well.. Dude committed what seems like years ago and hasn't wavered much.

I think Darling falls under that cane lock as well.. Dude committed what seems like years ago and hasn't wavered much.

KC Mcdermott and Dorsett

Advertisement
I think people need to be real with themselves. Kid is from our own backyard, and has every reason in the world to come here and be a Cane......yet he has never even been considered a UM lean.

First he was committed to Clemson, then UF, and now people think he's going to FSU. When ever has a kid in our backyard with as many reasons to come to UM as Cook does gone through all these different phases of being headed to other schools?

Throughout this whole process this kid has been headed basically everywhere else BUT Miami. He's not coming here.

Advertisement
If there's a Yearby/Darling interview coming out in the near future that implies Cook is gone, that's when I'll officially throw in the towel.

Yearby/Darling isn't the one making the decision

I'm aware of that, but it stands to reason that Cook would be a lot more up front, honest, and straight forward with them than he would be with a member of the media. Therefore, if one of them gives an interview indicating which way Cook is leaning, I can assume that they heard it directly from Cook without the usual political correct answers he gives to reporters.

Why would Cook spoil his announcement by giving it away that easy? I wouldn't read too much into it.

I used to think that but over the last couple of years, with Alex Collins, Matthew Thomas, Keith Bryant and Johnnie Dixon there where signs right before they announced that showed they were going elsewhere but everyone thought it was to throw people off. These are 16-18 year old kids that I don't think have the ability to plan that far in advance and give out false clues. If you start hearing stuff, it usually is happening.

except Keef was well aware of the Circus around his recruitment and did things intentionally to troll.

If there's a Yearby/Darling interview coming out in the near future that implies Cook is gone, that's when I'll officially throw in the towel.

Yearby/Darling isn't the one making the decision

I'm waiting for the "Collins" but a double reverse. Cook tries to commit to UF, grandma steals the papers and runs off in an FSU shirt. Mom knocks her out. All Cane.

Advertisement

except Keef was well aware of the Circus around his recruitment and did things intentionally to troll.

Salute the Hoot!

You should actually be proud that you don't recognize an 18 year old that ultimately has no effect on your life. Some guys on here may call you a dumbass for it, but I sir, salute you.

You have 1361 posts on things that ultimately have no effect on your life. Negged.

Furthermore, great recruits lead to a great football program, which leads to more money for the University, which allows the University to grow and become more prestigious, rendering my degree from the University of Miami more valuable, making me more valuable to employers, and thus bringing me more money. So yes, this ultimately can have a pretty big effect on my life.

Last edited:
I think people need to be real with themselves. Kid is from our own backyard, and has every reason in the world to come here and be a Cane......yet he has never even been considered a UM lean.

First he was committed to Clemson, then UF, and now people think he's going to FSU. When ever has a kid in our backyard with as many reasons to come to UM as Cook does gone through all these different phases of being headed to other schools?

Throughout this whole process this kid has been headed basically everywhere else BUT Miami. He's not coming here.

He didn't have as many other schools involved, but Tracy Howard was considered anything but a Cane till the very end of his recruitment

Golden must be content with the backs we already have or feels good about getting Cook. I'm not hearing any news about a plan B for the homie.

If Cook aint in he'd better do something about RB. We need a bigger sized back to go with this group of midgets.

Advertisement
Back