Off-Topic For the Beer Lovers.....

residente2 (1).jpg

Advertisement
I've had some of their stuff and it is pretty dang good. My favorite is 3 Sons Brewery. Not only do they have killer brews, they have a helluva kitchen too. Great beer and great food is hard to beat and the staff is cool too.
Went there when I was in town for the UNC game and we stayed in that Comfort Suites right beside it and walked over.

Very impressed and would definitely recommend. Nice guys too.

Bell's is awesome. Michigan really does have some great breweries. On top of Bells, Atwater, and Founders (and maybe Darkhorse), which I think you can get in most parts of the country, Tri-City Brewing Company (Bay City, MI), Motor City Brewing Works (Detroit), The Mitten Brewing Co (Grand Rapids, MI), and Petosky Brewing Co. (Petosky, MI) are all some great ones for those who are visiting the state.

love IPA's( hazy ones mostly, but still throw down some West Coast styles), porters, stouts.

got a fair amount of beers in my garage fridge, unfortunately sick from COVID right now, so haven't had a beer in almost 2 weeks. :(

Bells does make some fantastic beers, Expedition Stout and HopSlam are two of my favorites from them.

Not a Yuengling fan, but the Hershey's porter is decent. SE Pa is a hotbed of breweries fortunately, drink a lot of local beer as well as regional like New Trail.

Singlecut out of New York is one of my favorites right now...haven't had anything bad from them.

Attachments

• beer fridge.jpg
    beer fridge.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 11
  • bourbon county.jpg
    bourbon county.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 9
  • beer fridge2.jpg
    beer fridge2.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 11
love IPA's( hazy ones mostly, but still throw down some West Coast styles), porters, stouts.

got a fair amount of beers in my garage fridge, unfortunately sick from COVID right now, so haven't had a beer in almost 2 weeks. :(

Bells does make some fantastic beers, Expedition Stout and HopSlam are two of my favorites from them.

Not a Yuengling fan, but the Hershey's porter is decent. SE Pa is a hotbed of breweries fortunately, drink a lot of local beer as well as regional like New Trail.

Singlecut out of New York is one of my favorites right now...haven't had anything bad from them.
Drink any Victory? I've had a few, Helles Lager is my favorite. Lot of micro-brews popping up in Maryland the last 5 years. A couple of farms in my area started brewing and are doing really well, packed every weekend.

Advertisement
Bell's is awesome. Michigan really does have some great breweries. On top of Bells, Atwater, and Founders (and maybe Darkhorse), which I think you can get in most parts of the country, Tri-City Brewing Company (Bay City, MI), Motor City Brewing Works (Detroit), The Mitten Brewing Co (Grand Rapids, MI), and Petosky Brewing Co. (Petosky, MI) are all some great ones for those who are visiting the state.
Motor City is great. I was stuck in Detroit last winter for about 5 days for work. Highlight of the trip was MCB.

Drink any Victory? I've had a few, Helles Lager is my favorite. Lot of micro-brews popping up in Maryland the last 5 years. A couple of farms in my area started brewing and are doing really well, packed every weekend.
Yes I do, and I love some of their beers. They originated in Downingtown PA but have since opened a second brewery in Parkesburg, PA. I've been to that one, very cool. One of my first craft beers I had was HopDevil..now i wouldn't touch it, but DirtWolf and Bell Ringer are two fantastic DIPA's. A seasonal they had brought out this fall? was Java Latte Stout, an 8% milk stout with local coffee added to the brew. Delicious.

@Baba Yaga

Have you had any Burley Oak or Elder Pine? Burley Oak makes some solid brews. I had an IPA from Elder Pine awhile ago that was good. Got Sleddin' Hill from them as a Xmas gift...a blended coffee stout...it sounds delicious.

I've had some of their stuff and it is pretty dang good. My favorite is 3 Sons Brewery. Not only do they have killer brews, they have a helluva kitchen too. Great beer and great food is hard to beat and the staff is cool too.
Maybe I’ll have to check them out. Do you like their IPA or sours more?
Have not tried it, at least that I remember! I Don't believe its distributed here in VA
We started getting Aslin here, and a friend gifted my some Answer and Veil. Some great beers coming out of that state. Bluejacket in DC too.

Advertisement
@Baba Yaga

Have you had any Burley Oak or Elder Pine? Burley Oak makes some solid brews. I had an IPA from Elder Pine awhile ago that was good. Got Sleddin' Hill from them as a Xmas gift...a blended coffee stout...it sounds delicious.
Had some Burley Oak Blackberry Jream last year. Really really good but could only have an 8 oz pour, it was so intensely flavored.

Yeah, the guys at Craft Brew Cartel are very friendly, but they very rarely have decent supply. Good to talk to about beers and homebrew, but little inventory.

In my experience, Urban Brewers usually have more supplies available and they work with you when they don't. Recently wanted to teach my younger brother-in-law how to brew, but my burner was shot and I needed a new one. I ordered one from Urban Brewers, but the order was delayed. But those guys handed me their spare burner to take home and told me to just bring it by when I was done. Good, solid dudes over there.
I switched to electric. Best move i have made so far. No more propane for me.

Advertisement
@Baba Yaga

Can't say that I have, I'll keep an eye out for them. Taking the family out to Western Maryland for some skiing/tubing for New Years so I'll probably swing by the liquor store tomorrow, I'll look for them. Thanks for the recommendations!

Advertisement
What’s everyone’s favorite breweries in their current home town? I’m in Atlanta and would probably go Variant just north of the city for IPAs and stouts and Orpheus for sours and stouts.

Three Taverns, Monday Night and Halfway Crooks would round out my top five.

What’s everyone’s favorite breweries in their current home town? I’m in Atlanta and would probably go Variant just north of the city for IPAs and stouts and Orpheus for sours and stouts.

Three Taverns, Monday Night and Halfway Crooks would round out my top five.
I'm outside of Reading, Pa. but my favorites would be Hidden River Brewing in Douglassville, Lost Tavern in Hellertown, and Stickman in Royersford as far as ' local' breweries. Tired Hands in Ardmore is fantastic but a good drive to get there.

I'm outside of Reading, Pa. but my favorites would be Hidden River Brewing in Douglassville, Lost Tavern in Hellertown, and Stickman in Royersford as far as ' local' breweries. Tired Hands in Ardmore is fantastic but a good drive to get there.
Tired Hands hazies are amazing.

Advertisement
Back