Off-Topic For the Beer Lovers.....

Advertisement
Their mango ale is **** good too.

I did some work for Wicked Weed Brewing and they hooked me up.. if you like this you should try Wicked Weeds Cherry Key lime burst (I think that’s what it’s called) it is **** good if you can find it
Spent some time in Asheville??

Did someone say Burial....
22783.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
I live in a town where beer is constant (**** near oppressive at times) but even with the hordes of tourists I still very much enjoy the scene. So much to like here but I try and reach out of my area when possible. One of those Burials is a triple IPA collaboration with Other Half brewing in NY.
I home brew for a cheap and fun alternative to my expensive beer habit but I keg out of the fridge as I am lazy.
I am a lighter beer fan in general, love a good West Coast IPA bit the hazy thing has bitten me pretty hard. I don't know the procedural details but a couple of those Burials are "heavy resin" types of hazy IPAs and i am infatuated with that ****.

Advertisement
I live in a town where beer is constant (**** near oppressive at times) but even with the hordes of tourists I still very much enjoy the scene. So much to like here but I try and reach out of my area when possible. One of those Burials is a triple IPA collaboration with Other Half brewing in NY.
I home brew for a cheap and fun alternative to my expensive beer habit but I keg out of the fridge as I am lazy.
I am a lighter beer fan in general, love a good West Coast IPA bit the hazy thing has bitten me pretty hard. I don't know the procedural details but a couple of those Burials are "heavy resin" types of hazy IPAs and i am infatuated with that ****.
Burial brewing with OH is amazing. Love their brews with Spicewalla too. Actually just got a bunch of Spicewalla spices last week.

Have you tried Zebulon just north of downtown? Some of my favorite sours in the country. I’d love to take a trip to Fonta Flora some time too.

What’s everyone’s favorite breweries in their current home town? I’m in Atlanta and would probably go Variant just north of the city for IPAs and stouts and Orpheus for sours and stouts.

Three Taverns, Monday Night and Halfway Crooks would round out my top five.

Nice - haven't been but have heard the Wrecking Bar is good - you been?

Not in ATL but love Creature Comforts' stuff.

I'm in north NJ. Twin Elephant, Troon, Kane and Conclave I would say our my favorites locally in NJ. District 96, Equilibrium, Other Half and Root + Branch are NY but close enough and easy to get.

Troon makes the best hazy IPAs in the area, followed by Root + Branch. D96 and Twin Elephant IMO.

Kane is #1 in stouts, but Equilibrium has been closely that gap quickly.

Advertisement
Burial brewing with OH is amazing. Love their brews with Spicewalla too. Actually just got a bunch of Spicewalla spices last week.

Have you tried Zebulon just north of downtown? Some of my favorite sours in the country. I’d love to take a trip to Fonta Flora some time too.
Fonta Flora is a bit in the middle of nowhere but has a great venue called the farm I believe. Love their beers. I have not made it to Zebulon bit will be heading there this week after reading this thread.

Mikey Houser era fan??

Nice - haven't been but have heard the Wrecking Bar is good - you been?

Not in ATL but love Creature Comforts' stuff.

I'm in north NJ. Twin Elephant, Troon, Kane and Conclave I would say our my favorites locally in NJ. District 96, Equilibrium, Other Half and Root + Branch are NY but close enough and easy to get.

Troon makes the best hazy IPAs in the area, followed by Root + Branch and Twin Elephant IMO.

Kane is #1 in stouts, but Equilibrium has been closely that gap quickly.
LOVE Wrecking Bar for both beer and food. Their old head brewer actually just moved to Three Taverns. Admittedly haven’t been since the start of Covid. Their Juice Willis series of hazies are excellent. Really like CC too, and we started getting more of their limited drops that used to be brewery only in Atlanta.

We get random drops of equilibrium down here. Great stuff. Have also heard good things about Kane.

Fonta Flora is a bit in the middle of nowhere but has a great venue called the farm I believe. Love their beers. I have not made it to Zebulon bit will be heading there this week after reading this thread.

Mikey Houser era fan??
Oh yeah. Actually went up for the Halloween run a few years ago. It was the same night as the Duke game. Remember being at the show and getting about 150 texts about the finish. Did wicked weed, funkatorium, a boozy lunch at Curate, and Burial to pregame.

Advertisement
Back