Off-Topic For the Beer Lovers.....

Yuengling Lager. When you're from Northeast PA you either drink it or you get made fun of. They just came out with a hersheys chocolate version & its the best beer I've ever drank.
I took my kids to Hersheypark last weekend and tried one for the first time. Immediately bought more when I got home. B1B7FA31-B042-497E-AF1C-30E4235EA843.jpeg

Advertisement
Need a whiskey thread. I’m always looking for new ones to try

get it started haha. I drink whiskey/bourbon but can’t say I know too much. Got a nice liquor store down the street that has a lot of unique high dollar stuff and local makers also.

Advertisement
Oh yeah. Actually went up for the Halloween run a few years ago. It was the same night as the Duke game. Remember being at the show and getting about 150 texts about the finish. Did wicked weed, funkatorium, a boozy lunch at Curate, and Burial to pregame.
The reception in the civic center is garbage and I was following the Duke game on ESPN when it took 20 minutes for the last 10 seconds to happen and then my phone went off like a geiger counter.

First Panic show was charlotte '97, had a lot of fun wondering the lots during many NYE runs hunting tanks, 4 for $10....

I need to get a list of breweries in Atlanta as I am there frequently, Covid aside, and need to spend my time wisely...

The reception in the civic center is garbage and I was following the Duke game on ESPN when it took 20 minutes for the last 10 seconds to happen and then my phone went off like a geiger counter.

First Panic show was charlotte '97, had a lot of fun wondering the lots during many NYE runs hunting tanks, 4 for $10....

I need to get a list of breweries in Atlanta as I am there frequently, Covid aside, and need to spend my time wisely...
Eventide and Fire Maker in Atlanta are my favorites

Sweetwater is there and it’s a good tour and tasting

Advertisement

That’s amazing to have seen them that early. Great shows in 97. I went to school in NO, so saw many a Nolaween run going back to my freshman year. One of my best friends who is an iron arrow and die hard canes fan did his bachelor party at Nolaween last year. Watched us beat FSU’s *** at Cooter Browns, drink a boatload of good beers in their back bar, and then hit the shows. I love Jimmy, I love Panic, but I don’t always love them together with the machine gun guitar style, so my interest has waned in recent years.

For Atlanta in town, Orpheus is doing the best stouts, sours, and general barrel aging. Three Taverns and their new brewery the Imaginarium are excellent. Monday Night started doing limited run IPAs that are fantastic. Halfway Crooks is focused on amazing lagers and clean fermented beers. Wrecking Bar, Torched Hop, and Sceptre are all doing great stuff. A new one opens next year called Little Cottage that is going to be a game changer.

+1 for burial. Can’t recommend their food though. I enjoy highland brewery. They have a lot of beers there that aren’t bottled. Hard to beat cold mountain during the winter. And Abita office party was an excellent stout but they’re probably all sold out for the season.

Motor City is great. I was stuck in Detroit last winter for about 5 days for work. Highlight of the trip was MCB.
If you are ever in the neighborhood again there are some dive bars with some really cool history right by MCB: The Bronx, the Old Miami (Its an old Vietnam vet bar. The Miami is an acronym for M.issing I.n A.ction - and I'm not sure what the last two letter are for), and Honest Johns. Short drive away the Corktown neighborhood, which is where Old Tiger Stadium was, has some cool places like Nemo's and Mercury Bar. I know Detroit isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I love the place.

Advertisement
Any of y’all used to hang out at Abraxas on South Beach? It closed maybe 5 years ago but uses to be my favorite beer bar in Miami. If we have the Alabama game in Atlanta and the world is back to normal next year, we should put together a brewery gathering.
I'm not sure of all the details, but someone from Abraxas is involved with a new brewery in North Miami called "Lost City". The website says they used the original Abraxas Lounge bar in the new taproom.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201228-230115_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20201228-230115_Google.jpg
    597.3 KB · Views: 4
Following this thread, I now know why, back in the day, we played Temple at the Linc and 15 of the 20, 000 were Miami fans. Also, confirms PA's interest in breweries. Moved back after 46 years in MA. UNfortunately, sports teams suck like when I left in the early 70's.

Fonta Flora is a bit in the middle of nowhere but has a great venue called the farm I believe. Love their beers. I have not made it to Zebulon bit will be heading there this week after reading this thread.

Mikey Houser era fan??
You ever go to any of the breweries in Charlotte. I’m banned from Triple C. Got drunk and threw my sunglasses at the taproom manager in a drunkin rage. Reason 846 why I rarely drink anymore. Brings out the worse in me.

Advertisement
You ever go to any of the breweries in Charlotte. I’m banned from Triple C. Got drunk and threw my sunglasses at the taproom manager in a drunkin rage. Reason 846 why I rarely drink anymore. Brings out the worse in me.
Love Heist and Resident Culture.

I've had some of their stuff and it is pretty dang good. My favorite is 3 Sons Brewery. Not only do they have killer brews, they have a helluva kitchen too. Great beer and great food is hard to beat and the staff is cool too.
3 Sons is rapidly becoming the best brewer in Broward. At least for my taste. They make a ton of incredible sours and dessert-y stouts. They were recently on Diners Drive-ins and Dives.

Invasive Species Brewing in Fort Lauderdale is really good too. I’m a fan of the creative stuff. I don’t care about generic IPAs, Heffs, or Porters. I like when brewers take chances and try different stuff

Advertisement
Back