For the 7 millionth time, this is Golden's best team yet

rok

Great Poster
Look beyond the multiple draft picks and you will see what I mean.

QB - Kaaya (potential all-acc)

RB - Yearby, Edwards, Walton, Gray, Tucker (no superstar yet but a fine stable)

WR/TE - Waters, Coley, Dobard, Scott, Berrios, Lewis, Herndon, Washington, Cager (multiple 4 star prospects)

OL - Isidora, Gadbois, McDermott, Darling, Linder, Gall, St. Louis (got everything we need right here)

DE - Thomas, AQM, Harris, Hamilton, Jackson, Patchan, McIntosh (position is loaded, AQM and Chad should shine)

DT - Kamalu, Heurtelou, Wyche, Moten, Jenkins, Moore (more depth than ever before)

LB - Grace, Kirby, Owens, McCord, Young, Gayot (not our strongest unit but Grace wil be great)

CB - Burns, Howard, Elder, Mayes (these guys might as well not exist considering our scheme)

S - Bush, Carter, Jenkins, Crawford, Johnson, Knowles (good depth, Bush is a star)

Unfortunately for them and all of us, we're still saddled with the worst coaching staff in America but somehow the talent's been assembled quite nicely.

Advertisement
Yep guys who every program in the Country were hard after we got them now it's time for Golden incompetent *** to move aside and let these kids personality and talent shine!

Not that big on Yearby but you still just don't replace the all-time leading rusher, no dominant or noteworthy WR' (maybe Coley/Scott?), DL has potential but no one is proven, depth at LB sucks, CB sucks, and as you mentioned a staff that is not up to par.

Though he didn't coach the team that year, 2010's squad was the most talented.
* = in the NFL
Had real depth at RB with Damien Berry, Lamar Miller*, Mike James*, Graig Cooper, and Storm Johnson*.
Leonard Hankerson*, Allen Hurns*, Travis Benjamin*, LaRon Byrd*, Aldarius Johnson, and Tommy Streeter*
DE had Adewale Ojomo, Allen Bailey*, Olivier Vernon* and our DT's were serviceable with Micanor Regis*, Curtis Porter, Luther Robinson, and Marcus Forston.
Had 3 good LB's in Sean Spence*, Colin McCarthy*(retired), and Ramon Buchanan.
Brandon Harris* was All-ACC, Ryan Hill was decent, DeMarcus Van Dyke*, Vaughn Telemaque and Ray-Ray Armstrong* were decent at S.
Didn't feel like typing out the OL but 5 from that roster are starting in the NFL.

Advertisement
talent isn't the question..... staff needs to provide player development and mental toughness.
Still feel staff is very poor and defensive scheme is totally deficient in stopping anything......
two signs i will look for pre game preparation..... how many times have we seen Miami come out and look lost
against what the other team is running ?
#2 mental toughness..... need to avoid a collapse like last season

I think the talent level is good enough to win the Coastal, period. It's not like every other team out there has a perfect roster either. The only thing holding them back now is a crappy scheme on D that treats inferior teams like they are superior. That needs to change in a hurry. Kaaya will have complete control of the O, and it should be improved, even without Duke. The difference between a true freshman QB and one that has a full year of experience, and a full offseason, is huge. There's a reason most QBs redshirt. Now, just get the **** D to attack and impose their will. Stop playing scared.

WR/TE - Waters, Coley, Dobard, Scott, Berrios, Lewis, Herndon, Washington, Cager (multiple 4 star prospects)

OL - Isidora, Gadbois, McDermott, Darling, Linder, Gall, St. Louis (got everything we need right here)

DE - Thomas, AQM, Harris, Hamilton, Jackson, Patchan, McIntosh (position is loaded, AQM and Chad should shine)

DT - Kamalu, Heurtelou, Wyche, Moten, Jenkins, Moore (more depth than ever before)

LB - Grace, Kirby, Owens, McCord, Young, Gayot (not our strongest unit but Grace wil be great)

CB - Burns, Howard, Elder, Mayes (these guys might as well not exist considering our scheme)

S - Bush, Carter, Jenkins, Crawford, Johnson, Knowles (good depth, Bush is a star)

Unfortunately for them and all of us, we're still saddled with the worst coaching staff in America but somehow the talent's been assembled quite nicely.
QB-Kaaya looks like a future star, but may be held back because of loss of his top 3 receivers and an extremely inexperienced OL. No one else on the roster has played a snap at QB,
RB-looks strong, Edwards and Yearby will not be as productive as Johnson and Yearby.
WR-looks pretty good, but no one will gives us the yards/catch that Dorsett did last year and he didn't drop the ball.
OL-We have 1 OL that has played a season's worth of snaps, Isidora, and 16 OLs that have played very little or not at all and Isidora stunk in the second half of the season.
DE-We have 3 players that have played part time minutes for one season, Muhammad, Thomas, and Harris and none have shown anything on the field to indicate that they will be terrific this year, Hamilton has barely played and the rest have never played.
DT-Kamalu has accumulated quite a bit of playing time and Heurtelou has played for one season. Neither have given any indication that they are on the verge of an outstanding season. The rest have played very little.
LB-Owens and Grace have played part time for one season and Owens stunk. Kirby is very experienced, but he is not in the same league as Perryman. McCord has played a lot, but very little at LB, The rest have never played.
DB-there is talent and experience here.

Advertisement
Just look at this list of players:

Bush
Grace
Howard
Burns
Carter
Thomas
AQM
Hamilton
Kirby
McCord
Elder

all 4 and 5 stars

In fact, if we wanted to we could field a defense comprised only of 4/5*

DE McCord
DT Hamilton
DT Thomas
DE AQM
LB Grace
LB Kirby
CB Burns
SS Bush
FS Carter
CB Howard
CB Elder

Last edited:
I can't see the offense being as good. It would be shocking if it wasn't worse given what we lost there. Defense should be better but who cares in this scheme. Special teams will be special. Not the good special.

How many of these players are going to be fully engaged though? I mean really. Most of these guys probably tuned out Golden/Donofrio and their bull**** long ago. It's hard to imagine a lot of guys "buying in" at this point. Motivation and teamwork will be low. Freelancing and looking out for ones self will be high. The product on the field will suck.

Al Golden is going to give us the best chance to win the ACC this year. If Butch Davis had this team, they would have at least 3 losses this season.

Nebraska, Florida State, and Clemson.

Advertisement
Look at it this way. Going into last season, Kaaya had never thrown to ANY of these guys. The fact he has chemistry building with any of them is a step ahead of what he had going into last year.

QB-Kaaya looks like a future star, but may be held back because of loss of his top 3 receivers and an extremely inexperienced OL. No one else on the roster has played a snap at QB,
RB-looks strong, Edwards and Yearby will not be as productive as Johnson and Yearby.
WR-looks pretty good, but no one will gives us the yards/catch that Dorsett did last year and he didn't drop the ball.
OL-We have 1 OL that has played a season's worth of snaps, Isidora, and 16 OLs that have played very little or not at all and Isidora stunk in the second half of the season.
DE-We have 3 players that have played part time minutes for one season, Muhammad, Thomas, and Harris and none have shown anything on the field to indicate that they will be terrific this year, Hamilton has barely played and the rest have never played.
DT-Kamalu has accumulated quite a bit of playing time and Heurtelou has played for one season. Neither have given any indication that they are on the verge of an outstanding season. The rest have played very little.
LB-Owens and Grace have played part time for one season and Owens stunk. Kirby is very experienced, but he is not in the same league as Perryman. McCord has played a lot, but very little at LB, The rest have never played.

Our all 4/5* offense

qb kaaya
rb yearby
wr coley
wr berrios
wr cager
te dobard
ol darling
ol mcdermott
ol st. louis
ol milo

I can't see the offense being as good. It would be shocking if it wasn't worse given what we lost there. Defense should be better but who cares in this scheme. Special teams will be special. Not the good special.

How many of these players are going to be fully engaged though? I mean really. Most of these guys probably tuned out Golden/Donofrio and their bull**** long ago. It's hard to imagine a lot of guys "buying in" at this point. Motivation and teamwork will be low. Freelancing and looking out for ones self will be high. The product on the field will suck.

I anticipate all of what you predict to come to fruition. The only chance for any kind of reversal in momentum, as always, is a win at FSU.

Advertisement

You Speak the truth especially about the OL. McDermott I do believe will develop into an All American eventually. Darling very solid if played at RT, but gets beat by agile fast DE's. Linder impressed me very much in his limited action last year. Isadora solid on the inside but gets confused by stunts and delayed blitzes, can't master handing off a guy he's engaged with. Gadbois would be a quality backup. St. Louis and Milo have never played or practiced college football.

LB'ers have little playing experience, but Grace and Owens are the strength in a seriously shallow group. Those two will have to excel and a couple will have to surprise, but if scheme stays the same, which given Donuts and Golden history, they won't. I see more tackles at the second level than behind or at the line of scrimmage.

CB/Safety in my opinion could be another strength if it was not for the scheme and Paulie's lack of coaching aptitude and ***** it! Lack of all things football!

DL will be better than it has under Golden, but that's if Moten and my man Jenkins assume the reigns. Heurt and Kamaulu have to and should be studs this time around. Hope new DL coach make a difference. Of course we still have the problem of Donut and Goldens Scheme.

Summary is I expect we can be better and should be better, but given the variables and lack of competent HC, DC and OC, I can only expect more of the same and sadly hope so because I think it more important to get rid of Golden. I just have to "honest" about my feelings.

the offesne could get a lot better Kaaya left a lot on the field last year and i think coley depended on duke way too much(SC game).

Notice how the OP conveniently omitted K/P? There are BIG questions there. Alfredo need not be held to some false standard setup by internet posters wanting to submit a fraudulent preseason evaluation.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back