For the 7 millionth time, this is Golden's best team yet

Look beyond the multiple draft picks and you will see what I mean.

QB - Kaaya (potential all-acc)

RB - Yearby, Edwards, Walton, Gray, Tucker (no superstar yet but a fine stable)

WR/TE - Waters, Coley, Dobard, Scott, Berrios, Lewis, Herndon, Washington, Cager (multiple 4 star prospects)

OL - Isidora, Gadbois, McDermott, Darling, Linder, Gall, St. Louis (got everything we need right here)

DE - Thomas, AQM, Harris, Hamilton, Jackson, Patchan, McIntosh (position is loaded, AQM and Chad should shine)

DT - Kamalu, Heurtelou, Wyche, Moten, Jenkins, Moore (more depth than ever before)

LB - Grace, Kirby, Owens, McCord, Young, Gayot (not our strongest unit but Grace wil be great)

CB - Burns, Howard, Elder, Mayes (these guys might as well not exist considering our scheme)

S - Bush, Carter, Jenkins, Crawford, Johnson, Knowles (good depth, Bush is a star)

Unfortunately for them and all of us, we're still saddled with the worst coaching staff in America but somehow the talent's been assembled quite nicely.

OP, for 3 years we've said this is Golden's best team yet. When will it come to fruition though?

Advertisement
Golden has to know the type of pressure he is under, look no further than the all Florida swag16 and storm17. Despite their history and all the convincing numbers and negativity, I believe this is the year he turns it around or its time for change, inevitably. Go canes as always!

WR/TE - Waters, Coley, Dobard, Scott, Berrios, Lewis, Herndon, Washington, Cager (multiple 4 star prospects)

OL - Isidora, Gadbois, McDermott, Darling, Linder, Gall, St. Louis (got everything we need right here)

DE - Thomas, AQM, Harris, Hamilton, Jackson, Patchan, McIntosh (position is loaded, AQM and Chad should shine)

DT - Kamalu, Heurtelou, Wyche, Moten, Jenkins, Moore (more depth than ever before)

LB - Grace, Kirby, Owens, McCord, Young, Gayot (not our strongest unit but Grace wil be great)

CB - Burns, Howard, Elder, Mayes (these guys might as well not exist considering our scheme)

S - Bush, Carter, Jenkins, Crawford, Johnson, Knowles (good depth, Bush is a star)

Unfortunately for them and all of us, we're still saddled with the worst coaching staff in America but somehow the talent's been assembled quite nicely.

That O line depth chart looks, shall we say, Karen Carpenter-esque. Better hope this kid Bar Milo can come in and handle a few snaps here and there.

I agree with the premise of your post and the fact that our coaching staff is by far the worst in America. I also agree that our starting OL could be very good. Having said that, the depth at OL is well there is none. We have no home run hitters in the backfield and our depth at CB is paper thin with Safety not being much deeper. I love what we could potentially start on defense and really like the front 7.

If we do indeed go to a one gap attacking style of defense and we stay healthy in the secondary then I think that.....Wait! Stop! Hold up! What the heck am I thinking? Guldens, Dunno, and that midget DB coach are still employed. Never mind. And one more thing. I'm still waiting for Bush to become a star.

Last edited:
Advertisement

OP, for 3 years we've said this is Golden's best team yet. When will it come to fruition though?

That's just the thing. It won't ever come to fruition because Guldens couldn't coach himself out of a wet paper bag. Give Guldens the 01 roster and my money is on at least 2 losses. At least!

The issue is coaching not talent. Team will be fortunate to win 8 under Golden. A competent, good coach would win 10 games this Fall!!

Advertisement
I can't see the offense being as good. It would be shocking if it wasn't worse given what we lost there. Defense should be better but who cares in this scheme. Special teams will be special. Not the good special.

How many of these players are going to be fully engaged though? I mean really. Most of these guys probably tuned out Golden/Donofrio and their bull**** long ago. It's hard to imagine a lot of guys "buying in" at this point. Motivation and teamwork will be low. Freelancing and looking out for ones self will be high. The product on the field will suck.

How can you be shocked if the offense improves. I know we lost Duke, but we had a true freshman qb last year. If he's even half as good as people seem to think he is we should improve on offense.

Kaaya was an absolute liability for us in our most important position for most of last year. He improved as the season went on but we still struggled immensely on third down.

I get that we lost a lot of talent. But we still have a lot of talent. Teams reload in football. The one reason for hope is if Kaaya actually plays like the all-acc player we all hope. An all-acc QB with the amount of talent surrounding him can overcome some deficiencies in coaching

That's the thing about the offense..so much improvement can be made if Kaaya, Yearby, Coley, Dobard, Edwards, Walton, Waters, Scott live up to their billing. It starts and ends with Kaaya though.

Advertisement
That's the thing about the offense..so much improvement can be made if Kaaya, Yearby, Coley, Dobard, Edwards, Walton, Waters, Scott live up to their billing. It starts and ends with Kaaya though.

This is the thing about the offense....

Out of the entire FBS, Only FSU, UF, BC, and Toledo have less returning total games started on the OL...

People can ignore the OL situation if they want, but the offensive success starts and ends with the OL, not Kayaa and skill talent.

Even if all 5 guys are future 1st rounders, they are learning on the job and mostly very young.... stupid false starts, holding on a critical 3rd down, missed protections, lack of physicality, poor pass blocking, these are all things that are common with inexperienced OL, and they make moving the ball consistently very difficult.

Kehoe does get young guys ready, but he has a difficult job this year.

This is the thing about the offense....

Out of the entire FBS, Only FSU, UF, BC, and Toledo have less returning total games started on the OL...

People can ignore the OL situation if they want, but the offensive success starts and ends with the OL, not Kayaa and skill talent.

Even if all 5 guys are future 1st rounders, they are learning on the job and mostly very young.... stupid false starts, holding on a critical 3rd down, missed protections, lack of physicality, poor pass blocking, these are all things that are common with inexperienced OL, and they make moving the ball consistently very difficult.

Kehoe does get young guys ready, but he has a difficult job this year.

One key thing you forget is that isadora, Linder,darling,McDermott all seen plenty of time and in game experience. Gadbois as well for the first 4 or 5 games... And another thing Miami plays through a rotation on the oline so the top backup lineman seen plenty of time in the games even if they aren't listed as being the starter for the game. So yeah that's very misleading. Compare it to a situation where some schools will play guys who have no experience in games

Advertisement
Played in games for 2 seasons:

Gadbois
Isidora
Gall

Played in several games last season:

Linder
Darling

Played some and has been here at least two springs:

McDermott
Odogwu
Wells

No experience but been here at least a spring:

Jones
Knighton
Grimsley
Brown

Should redshirt:

Milo
St. Louis
Gauthier
Loftus
Mahoney

When it comes to the rooster, I defer to Rok. The guy has proven time and time again that he knows roosters up, down, backwards and sideways.

Advertisement
Back