For the 7 millionth time, this is Golden's best team yet

Here we go again
- This is without a doubt the worst group of LB's we have had in 5 .... maybe 10 years
- The OL is very young which never is good (unless you are in the SEC & replace with 5 Stars) and lord knows Art K wont get them ready

Kaaya will really need to have worked on his game - love the kid's passion and what he did as a True was amazing but it is well know that last year when he got pressure his completion percentages drops to 35% --- and this was with 3 NFL OL in front of him and the fastest WR at the combine out wide.
- Teams are going to stack the box on us and pressure Brad.

My only hope - Brad looks like a guy that will work his craft unlike most of what we have had on the past

Advertisement
Goldenofrio could have a hall of famer at every position and it would not matter.

Nobody knows how to get less out of guys at the college level.

Here we go again
- This is without a doubt the worst group of LB's we have had in 5 .... maybe 10 years
- The OL is very young which never is good (unless you are in the SEC & replace with 5 Stars) and lord knows Art K wont get them ready

Kaaya will really need to have worked on his game - love the kid's passion and what he did as a True was amazing but it is well know that last year when he got pressure his completion percentages drops to 35% --- and this was with 3 NFL OL in front of him and the fastest WR at the combine out wide.
- Teams are going to stack the box on us and pressure Brad.

My only hope - Brad looks like a guy that will work his craft unlike most of what we have had on the past
Do you think you're better than rok?

All the Golden bashers can continue to do so to each his own but I'm going support cause he is the coach of Da U and I want my team to be great and as of now he is the captain of da ship it's so easy to be negative that's da world we live in. Let's be real bout some things it took that guy over there at fspooo 5yrs to get them where they are at and he didn't have to deal with half the stuff Golden did. I always said this would be the year we really would see what Golden is bout. If we win five games like the experts say then I agree off with his head. But come on fellas let's be real he had a lot of obstacles to go through and it took a couple of years just to get quality depth down da roster and we still saying da LB'S need it. He couldn't red shirt anyone when he got here da 1st couple of years. He is our coach so I hope he succeed call me naive but I just think he had an up hill battle when he took da job. I mean he turn temple around so he got to know something. I think we get caught up thinking is da 80s-90s when they didn't have ucf,usf and these other lil Florida schools where those kids starting for them most likely would have been at DA U giving us that depth much quicker. Butch didn't turn it around over night either and everyone was calling for his head to. Just a thought 504CANE4LIFE

Advertisement
No matter how good you think this team is, there is absolutely no way that the team last year wasn't better. Literally the only possible argument is that Kaaya will posibly be better and that we got AQM back. Other than those two things, everything else is not as good.

The LBs will be fine

Grace
Kirby
Owens
McCord
Young

OL will be fine

Isidora
Linder
Darling
McDermott
Gall

RBs will be fine

Yearby
Edwards
Walton
Gray
Tucker

WRs will be fine

Waters
Coley
Scott
Berrios
Lewis

TEs will be fine

Dobard
Herndon
Washington
Njoku

DBs will be fine

Bush
Howard
Burns
Jenkins
Elder
Carter
Crawford
Johnson

QB will be fine as long as Kaaya is healthy

DL is stacked

Thomas
AQM
Kamalu
Heurtelou
Wyche
Jenkins
Moten
Harris
Hamilton
Jackson
Moore

Last year's team was dependent on several first year players.

/8-4

Last edited:
All the Golden bashers can continue to do so to each his own but I'm going support cause he is the coach of Da U and I want my team to be great and as of now he is the captain of da ship it's so easy to be negative that's da world we live in. Let's be real bout some things it took that guy over there at fspooo 5yrs to get them where they are at and he didn't have to deal with half the stuff Golden did. I always said this would be the year we really would see what Golden is bout. If we win five games like the experts say then I agree off with his head. But come on fellas let's be real he had a lot of obstacles to go through and it took a couple of years just to get quality depth down da roster and we still saying da LB'S need it. He couldn't red shirt anyone when he got here da 1st couple of years. He is our coach so I hope he succeed call me naive but I just think he had an up hill battle when he took da job. I mean he turn temple around so he got to know something. I think we get caught up thinking is da 80s-90s when they didn't have ucf,usf and these other lil Florida schools where those kids starting for them most likely would have been at DA U giving us that depth much quicker. Butch didn't turn it around over night either and everyone was calling for his head to. Just a thought 504CANE4LIFE
Good post, fam.

Advertisement
Not that big on Yearby but you still just don't replace the all-time leading rusher, no dominant or noteworthy WR' (maybe Coley/Scott?), DL has potential but no one is proven, depth at LB sucks, CB sucks, and as you mentioned a staff that is not up to par.

Though he didn't coach the team that year, 2010's squad was the most talented.
* = in the NFL
Had real depth at RB with Damien Berry, Lamar Miller*, Mike James*, Graig Cooper, and Storm Johnson*.
Leonard Hankerson*, Allen Hurns*, Travis Benjamin*, LaRon Byrd*, Aldarius Johnson, and Tommy Streeter*
DE had Adewale Ojomo, Allen Bailey*, Olivier Vernon* and our DT's were serviceable with Micanor Regis*, Curtis Porter, Luther Robinson, and Marcus Forston.
Had 3 good LB's in Sean Spence*, Colin McCarthy*(retired), and Ramon Buchanan.
Brandon Harris* was All-ACC, Ryan Hill was decent, DeMarcus Van Dyke*, Vaughn Telemaque and Ray-Ray Armstrong* were decent at S.
Didn't feel like typing out the OL but 5 from that roster are starting in the NFL.

Berry and Cooper never played for Golden, as I recall. And Storm was kicked off in the spring (by Golden, alas).

The safeties you mentioned were all mediocre, and as you'll recall we were so thin at CB that we had to bring in Mike Williams from Wake and move JoJo down from safety.

Last year's team was his most talented and he went 6-7. This team will not be better than last year's talent wise...maybe in some places but not across the board.

You've been eating too much ecstasy bro. Golden hasn't built ****. The NCAA thing was never anything more than a slap on the wrist, and has been used as an excuse for Golden to hide his ineptitude behind. Give me a ******* break with that "turned Temple around" bull****. Ooh! He had a winning season at Temple?!? Whoopdie-*******-do! He barely has a winning record here. AT THE ******* U! I could dig up my dead grandmother's ashes and she could post a better ******* record than this piece of ****.

By blindly supporting this ****got, you are a part of the problem. You are the reason that the BOT thinks that the Golden haters are just a small vocal minority. They are comfortable knowing there are enough of you blind followers out there to buy tickets. Do us all a favor and DIAF!

It's all water under the bridge my friends.

The talent is a footnote. The corching is the feast.

Butch Davis would put an end to all this misery.

Advertisement

You've been eating too much ecstasy bro. Golden hasn't built ****. The NCAA thing was never anything more than a slap on the wrist, and has been used as an excuse for Golden to hide his ineptitude behind. Give me a ****ing break with that "turned Temple around" bull****. Ooh! He had a winning season at Temple?!? Whoopdie-****ing-do! He barely has a winning record here. AT THE ****ING U! I could dig up my dead grandmother's ashes and she could post a better ****ing record than this piece of ****.

By blindly supporting this ****got, you are a part of the problem. You are the reason that the BOT thinks that the Golden haters are just a small vocal minority. They are comfortable knowing there are enough of you blind followers out there to buy tickets. Do us all a favor and DIAF!
OK angry man I wouldn't waste my time trying to have a debate with you. Ur trying to be to hard on ur keyboard...go head say it with ur chest. Oh and if u think we had depth with those sanctions u don't know football or talent so it don't make sense. Carry on angry man. U must can't read I could have sworn I said off with his head if da result is bad this year.

Last edited:

The sanctions Golden dealt with were a joke compared to what Butch dealt with and Butch only had one really bad season considering the circumstances. All of butches seasons except 1 were as good as Golden's best season (and this was considered bad at the time due to unrealistic expectations). I won't take anything from the way Golden handled the situation when he first got here, but it was obvious from the beginning his coaching scheme was questionable at best, but he got the benefit of the doubt as most suspected we would have some issues. The problem here is far too many underestimated the talent on the team when Golden took over. We had a good team. yes we lacked some depth, but we had a better team still than many of the teams beating us. Anyone with any sense knew last year's team was going to be the real deal and Golden squandered the best team we've had in about 10 years with one of our worst records in the last 30.

As far as the Temple thing, you do realize a big part of the "turn around" was from dropping to a lower conference? They were facing some of the worst teams in college football while he was there and still couldn't win there. Golden is in over his head. He couldn't win last year with one of the most talented teams in college football. Depth was not an issue. Sanctions were bare minimum. Schedule was soft as baby ****. We even had FSU beaten only to let it fall apart by coaching like soft *****es scared to lose in the second half. Al has spent so much time trying to come from behind, that he doesn't know what to do when he has the lead early. We have significant issues this year. With that said, anything less than 10 wins and Al needs to go.

Ohio State suffered from similar if not worse sanctions than we did around the same time.

USC suffered much worse.

Look at where they are.

Advertisement
Doesn't matter if the team is better or worse. Same coaching staff same results plus or minus a game... Fml

Next years team is Better across the board

That's what I'm spraying.

2014 was better at the top but the talent is spread a bit more evenly this season.

Half the starters being replaced were simply not very good.

Fentress
Armbrister
Pierre
McDermott
Chickillo
Gunter

The other half will be missed:

Duke - Yearby/Edwards
Walford - Dobard
Dorsett - Coley
Flowers - McDermott
Perryman - Kirby
Feliciano - Gall

Gall is the only replacement who wasn't a 4* recruit

We saw two different teams last year:

Played well:

Cincy
VT
UNC
FSU
Duke
FAMU

Played poorly:

GT
UL
Nebraska
Pitt
UVA
SC

Need to play well for 12 games.

We saw two different teams last year:

Played well:

Cincy
VT
UNC
FSU
Duke

FAMU

Played poorly:

GT
UL
Nebraska
Pitt
UVA
SC

Need to play well for 12 games.

Those teams might argue the outcomes of those games were a product of how poorly they played, than how well Miami played ...

Advertisement
Back