For the “we don’t play anybody” crowd

Advertisement
You love UVA because you’re a pompous *** who belongs with that wine and cheese crowd while you brag about the “ins” and “outs” of doing taxes.

Hilarious. While you brag about the "gameday atmosphere" of Columbia, South Carolina, the capital city of one of the two or three most racist states in the US.

I'll take "pompous" over "racist" any day of the week.

Alabama, Texas A&M, Notre Dame, LSU, Michigan State, South Carolina and Florida over a 6-8 year period sucks?

Ok.

Alabama, LSU, and The Gata are all pre-season games.

Only aTm, Notre Dame, Michigan State, and South Carolina have home-and-home characteristics.

Stop white-knighting for Blake and rest of the Hecht.

Alabama, LSU, and The Gata are all pre-season games.

Only aTm, Notre Dame, Michigan State, and South Carolina have home-and-home characteristics.

Stop white-knighting for Blake and rest of the Hecht.

Lmao. Yeah, those gigantic country wide broadcasts to open the college football season against two National Championship winners and a Top 10 team that also happens to be our most hated rival are really boring cause they don't happen twice.

Jfc what a clown.

How many of those games among the top tier are actual home and home series? Admittedly i haven’t been looking into future matchups but I know that there hasn’t been a bunch of home/home ooc matchups between power programs in recent years. Almost every big OOC game is a one off at a neutral site. Or a bowl game.
Every single one of those. I purposefully excluded any neutral site games. You see more and more of these coming up since the playoff is apparently willing to forgive good losses and attendance across the country has been falling. No one is paying season tickets for your conference slate and 3 G5/FCS teams.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Alabama, Texas A&M, Notre Dame, LSU, Michigan State, South Carolina and Florida over a 6-8 year period sucks?

Ok.
The basis of this was home and homes, so cross out Alabama and LSU and one of the UF games. ND is essentially an ACC mandate from their quasi-affiliation, so knock that one out too. By the time we play them next they may be full conference members. I already said MSU was a good series to schedule. A&M we played in recent history. If we did not just play them, it would be fine. South Carolina is the big one that just begs the question why.

However, above all else, for the games we are getting at home, none of MSU, A&M, or SC are moving the needle on season ticket sales and a sell out. With our garbage division we really need one of those every year that we have FSU on the road.

Can you list all 50 teams that were available during this scheduling time period?

Quite frankly, with that idiot Diaz as the HC, Miami should stick to OOC games they can possibly compete in.

I have been there two times for games and it was a very good game day atmosphere. In addition, it allows for Miami fans from FL the opportunity to drive up and attend the game.
That is a 9-10 hour drive from Miami to play in BFE. It is not in an area we have historically recruited well. The game is not going to get much national press. It was a complete and utter waste. I am not going to go through when games across the country were announced, but I have a hard time believing that either a premier opponent or a game against an equal team but in a recruiting hotbed was unavailable for that game. We just have a lazy AD who has zero ability to think outside of the box or get things done. As to the Diaz part, that is in 2025-2026... either Diaz is going to have us rolling or we are going to have a new coach, so that is 100% irrelevant.

Lmao. Yeah, those gigantic country wide broadcasts to open the college football season against two National Championship winners and a Top 10 team that also happens to be our most hated rival are really boring cause they don't happen twice.

Jfc what a clown.

Nobody is questioning the TV value of the pre-season games.

EVERYONE should question the annual scheduling process of having those games three times within four seasons.

Hmmm, why would I say that? Because if you give up one of your four OOC slots to a "neutral-site" game, then that forces you to play at least 2 of the remaining three as home games. Which is what DIRECTLY leads to the need to schedule more Division I-AA or Division II teams that do not require a return-trip.

I'm not "anti-pre-season-games". But they come at a price.

In 2018, besides the pre-season LSU game, our OOC games were Savannah State, AT Toledo, and FIU.

In 2019, besides the pre-season The Gata game, our OOC games were Bethune-Cookman, Central Michigan, and "AT" FIU.

We are lucky to have Michigan State in 2021, as the other two games will be Appalachian State and "Florida directional school to be named later".

The better approach would be to schedule pre-season games RARELY (once every 5 years at the most) and schedule more Power 5 home-and-homes. This isn't very difficult to comprehend, even for a buffoon such as yourself.

The basis of this was home and homes, so cross out Alabama and LSU and one of the UF games. ND is essentially an ACC mandate from their quasi-affiliation, so knock that one out too. By the time we play them next they may be full conference members. I already said MSU was a good series to schedule. A&M we played in recent history. If we did not just play them, it would be fine. South Carolina is the big one that just begs the question why.

However, above all else, for the games we are getting at home, none of MSU, A&M, or SC are moving the needle on season ticket sales and a sell out. With our garbage division we really need one of those every year that we have FSU on the road.

That is a 9-10 hour drive from Miami to play in BFE. It is not in an area we have historically recruited well. The game is not going to get much national press. It was a complete and utter waste. I am not going to go through when games across the country were announced, but I have a hard time believing that either a premier opponent or a game against an equal team but in a recruiting hotbed was unavailable for that game. We just have a lazy AD who has zero ability to think outside of the box or get things done. As to the Diaz part, that is in 2025-2026... either Diaz is going to have us rolling or we are going to have a new coach, so that is 100% irrelevant.

We have had and will have:

8 ACC games every season with many teams clamoring for a 9th.
A home and home against Notre Dame
A home and home against Michigan State
A home and home against UF
A home and home against Texas & M
A home and home vs Temple
The kickoff game vs LSU
The kickoff game vs Bama
The kickoff game vs Florida

You can't just look at home and homes because we still have to play those kickoff games. The fact they aren't at home is a different matter.

Pointing at the South Carolina as an indictment of who this team is going to play is pretty tough when you see how many conference games we have, how many season openers we committed to play how many home and home series we are already have on the books.

kickoff games arent preseason games. idgaf if theyre home and home or not. also, as a person that travels for away games/neutral site games, i LOVE the kickoff games. theyre fun and theyre usually in a fun city w enough hotels.

Advertisement
kickoff games arent preseason games. idgaf if theyre home and home or not. also, as a person that travels for away games/neutral site games, i LOVE the kickoff games. theyre fun and theyre usually in a fun city w enough hotels.

Exactly.

The kickoff game vs LSU
The kickoff game vs Bama

You can't just look at home and homes because we still have to play those kickoff games. The fact they aren't at home is a different matter.

Pointing at the South Carolina as an indictment of who this team is going to play is pretty tough when you see how many conference games we have, how many season openers we committed to play how many home and home series we are already have on the books.
I agree that those kickoff games are fun to travel to similar to a bowl game. However, they do remove a lot of what makes traveling for college football unique and great. Namely, you are not getting to see another school's gameday or a famous stadium. The biggest thing, to me, is that they **** up our home schedule, and in turn our season tickets and attendance. Fortunately for next year we have MSU to go along with Alabama. But last year our home schedule was terrible, mainly due to our big OOC game being a neutral site. We need that marquee home game every odd numbered year.

Two of those three neutral games, incidentally, are ones that would move the needle on season ticket sales and help the rest of the games have better numbers. UF we have a home and home with from the larger agreement. ND is an ACC affiliated game. A&M, SC, and Temple... not going to really have an impact (not even sure why you are listing Temple in this, though I am excited to go back to Philly, drink all of Tired Hands NEIPAs and eat at Zahav and Pizza Beddia).

I have absolutely no idea what the bold part means. BJ had an open slot in two straight years for a marquee game and chose USCe.

The kickoff game vs LSU
The kickoff game vs Bama

You are a Blake-James-d!ck-sucking wonderboy.

As I pointed out, we will play THREE pre-season kickoff games in FOUR years. Nobody else is doing that. Literally, NOBODY. Plus, you neglected to include the Notre Dame "neutral site" game in Chicago, so that's four in a decade.

THAT'S TOO MANY, too quickly. Because it then cuts our opportunities to schedule home-and-homes with P5 opponents and forces us to over-rely on crappy games to fill the slots.

You are a clown. You call WSP's comments about South Carolina an "indictment" and you tell us we have to consider "how many conference games we have". But this is the actual definition of a Hecht apologist, AS EVERY POWER FIVE TEAM HAS THE SAME NUMBER OF CONFERENCE GAMES TO SCHEDULE. Thus, Miami isn't in any better or worse position. Thus, the loooong list of quality P5 OOC games that WSP cited...involved teams that ALSO have "conference games to schedule". And as for pre-season kickoff games, these are NOT scheduled out as far in advance as are home-and-homes, so stop your whining about that one.

"Already have on the books". Just STFU. "Conference games to schedule" means nothing. Guess what...we have 8...we will have 8...we have 4 at home and 4 on the road...EVERY ******* YEAR. There's only ONE MORE pre-season kickoff game "already on the books". And we STILL can't seem to schedule any decent P5 OOC home-and-homes beyond the contractual obligation games with Notre Dame.

And, again, I am not looking down on scheduling The Gata, I actually love it, but we have played SIXTY-FOUR TIMES, this is a rivalry game. We rank 85th for the number of games played between two current Power-5-plus-Notre-Dame teams. For comparative purposes, we are tied at 85th with Clemson-Georgia, and the vaunted Florida-Georgia game is in 43rd place. So let's not act like it is some "Camp David Peace Accords" kind of a accomplishment to schedule The Gata.

So stop playing your Hecht-apologist games where you both look backwards in time and forwards in time to justify our crappy scheduling. I have already proven that the last 7 years have featured crappy scheduling. Here is what the NEXT EIGHTEEN YEARS (2020-2037) have in store FOR NOW (and your buddy Blake can always fix this by signing new home-and-home deals):

Contractual obligation games against Notre Dame (I love this, but Blake DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, these games literally fell into our collective lap)
Home-and-home with The Gata (I love this, I hope we can play more frequently, but it's not as if we don't have a history)
Home-and-home with Michigan State
Home-and-home with South Carolina
Pre-season kickoff game with Alabama in Atlanta, no return trip to Miami

No matter how many past opponents you want to dredge up to make the next 18 years look better, those are the games. You may not like them and you may be desperate to spin them, but those are the facts.

Stop being a little *****. They are "pre-season" in the sense that they are played before the majority of the other teams actually start playing. Now that we have gone to 12 games, they are not as "pre-season" as they once were, but don't be a moron and act like I am equating them with NFL pre-season games.

Nobody cares if YOU "love" those games. We are discussing the impact on scheduling the rest of the games. We are pointing out that a "kickoff game" (are you happy now, crybaby?) usually forces a lazy AD to schedule 3 crappy OOC games to fill the spots.

People want to see great Power 5 OOC opponents IN MIAMI.

Yay, you get to take a weekend mini-vacay because your job will only give you 2 days off on the weekend, but most of us buy season tickets and want to see 5 or 6 good games out of the 6 or 7 scheduled in Miami.

Advertisement
Stop being a little *****. They are "pre-season" in the sense that they are played before the majority of the other teams actually start playing. Now that we have gone to 12 games, they are not as "pre-season" as they once were, but don't be a moron and act like I am equating them with NFL pre-season games.

Nobody cares if YOU "love" those games. We are discussing the impact on scheduling the rest of the games. We are pointing out that a "kickoff game" (are you happy now, crybaby?) usually forces a lazy AD to schedule 3 crappy OOC games to fill the spots.

People want to see great Power 5 OOC opponents IN MIAMI.

Yay, you get to take a weekend mini-vacay because your job will only give you 2 days off on the weekend, but most of us buy season tickets and want to see 5 or 6 good games out of the 6 or 7 scheduled in Miami.

weve had 1 neutral site game that was played a week early (UF). LSU was opening weekend (labor day weekend) and actually played a day later than MOST teams since it was played on a sunday night (got moved to sunday from saturday). Bama is the CFA game and thats opening weekend as well.

You are a Blake-James-d!ck-sucking wonderboy.

As I pointed out, we will play THREE pre-season kickoff games in FOUR years. Nobody else is doing that. Literally, NOBODY. Plus, you neglected to include the Notre Dame "neutral site" game in Chicago, so that's four in a decade.

THAT'S TOO MANY, too quickly. Because it then cuts our opportunities to schedule home-and-homes with P5 opponents and forces us to over-rely on crappy games to fill the slots.

You are a clown. You call WSP's comments about South Carolina an "indictment" and you tell us we have to consider "how many conference games we have". But this is the actual definition of a Hecht apologist, AS EVERY POWER FIVE TEAM HAS THE SAME NUMBER OF CONFERENCE GAMES TO SCHEDULE. Thus, Miami isn't in any better or worse position. Thus, the loooong list of quality P5 OOC games that WSP cited...involved teams that ALSO have "conference games to schedule". And as for pre-season kickoff games, these are NOT scheduled out as far in advance as are home-and-homes, so stop your whining about that one.

"Already have on the books". Just STFU. "Conference games to schedule" means nothing. Guess what...we have 8...we will have 8...we have 4 at home and 4 on the road...EVERY ******* YEAR. There's only ONE MORE pre-season kickoff game "already on the books". And we STILL can't seem to schedule any decent P5 OOC home-and-homes beyond the contractual obligation games with Notre Dame.

And, again, I am not looking down on scheduling The Gata, I actually love it, but we have played SIXTY-FOUR TIMES, this is a rivalry game. We rank 85th for the number of games played between two current Power-5-plus-Notre-Dame teams. For comparative purposes, we are tied at 85th with Clemson-Georgia, and the vaunted Florida-Georgia game is in 43rd place. So let's not act like it is some "Camp David Peace Accords" kind of a accomplishment to schedule The Gata.

So stop playing your Hecht-apologist games where you both look backwards in time and forwards in time to justify our crappy scheduling. I have already proven that the last 7 years have featured crappy scheduling. Here is what the NEXT EIGHTEEN YEARS (2020-2037) have in store FOR NOW (and your buddy Blake can always fix this by signing new home-and-home deals):

Contractual obligation games against Notre Dame (I love this, but Blake DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, these games literally fell into our collective lap)
Home-and-home with The Gata (I love this, I hope we can play more frequently, but it's not as if we don't have a history)
Home-and-home with Michigan State
Home-and-home with South Carolina
Pre-season kickoff game with Alabama in Atlanta, no return trip to Miami

No matter how many past opponents you want to dredge up to make the next 18 years look better, those are the games. You may not like them and you may be desperate to spin them, but those are the facts.

Lmao.

weve had 1 neutral site game that was played a week early (UF). LSU was opening weekend (labor day weekend) and actually played a day later than MOST teams since it was played on a sunday night (got moved to sunday from saturday). Bama is the CFA game and thats opening weekend as well.

But your tiny brain is capable of comprehending why some of us, who have been around for a while, view these as pre-season (in name only) games, right?

And your tiny brain didn't think that any of us were acting as if these "pre-season" games didn't count in the records, right?

So, in other words, my usage of "pre-season" didn't change anything at all in the discussion, other than to give you a cvnty little point of clarification, right?

Advertisement
The exact response of a person who has lost every argumentative point.

I realize that you're on the UM payroll and that you have to defend Blake and the Hecht, but your arguments are pure crap.

No, just lmao that you’re so self absorbed you think anyone is going to take the time to read your War and Peace length ramblings.

The kickoff game vs LSU
The kickoff game vs Bama

Here’s the bottom line, you are full of **** if you would take our upcoming slate of games over any of those programs’ upcoming home and home series that I listed (that initial list of mine excluded all neutral site games). And before you spit some nonsense about how do you know they want to play us, what big school doesn’t want a game in South Florida in front of all the recruits that would be there.

Can you list all 50 teams that were available during this scheduling time period?

Quite frankly, with that idiot Diaz as the HC, Miami should stick to OOC games they can possibly compete in.

I have been there two times for games and it was a very good game day atmosphere. In addition, it allows for Miami fans from FL the opportunity to drive up and attend the game.

Easy non-con games that Miami can win help Diaz to stay on as coach for longer.

Advertisement
Back