Off-Topic For Canes Twitter Folks...LAZ

Advertisement
Wow. How did he bond out earlier with an ankle monitor?

I'm by no means a Laz defender but there could be more to the story.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I understand but you can stab someone, have them in a condition where death is a possibility and still afford to bond out when you're a person of Laz's net worth?
Under Florida's constitution you are entitled to a fair and reasonable bond on most crimes. Agg Batt for which he was originally arrested for is a second degree felony. Since the victim died he's now facing a Capital case. He is no longer entitled to bond however his attorney can file for an Arthur Hearing and the judge can exercise his discretion and still grant bond based on the facts.

The only times you aren't entitled to bond

1. Charged with a Capital offense.
2. When you are out on bond and pick up a new arrest.
3. violations of community control and probation
and
4. If the state files a motion for pre-trial detention and the judge grants it.

Advertisement
Crazy how the confrontation was about Laz feeding stray dogs. Dude was always posting them on his twitter. Not sure why so many poke fun at the guy he seems like a kind guy. People are real close to the edge in todays world.
I think people more had an issue with him being some public face of the fanbase. You're right though that the dude was definitely an animal lover and it's crazy that this seemingly stemmed from that. All else aside and acknowledging that someone is dead here, I do feel bad for his wife as she did seem like a genuinely nice person in the very limited times I was ever around them.

Advertisement
Under Florida's constitution you are entitled to a fair and reasonable bond on most crimes. Agg Batt for which he was originally arrested for is a second degree felony. Since the victim died he's now facing a Capital case. He is no longer entitled to bond however his attorney can file for an Arthur Hearing and the judge can exercise his discretion and still grant bond based on the facts.

The only times you aren't entitled to bond

1. Charged with a Capital offense.
2. When you are out on bond and pick up a new arrest.
3. violations of community control and probation
and
4. If the state files a motion for pre-trial detention and the judge grants it.
Gotcha. Any speculation as to why an attempted murder charge wasn't initially filed? Is it common to misjudge the severity of violent crimes like a stabbing? It's obviously a big jump now from an aggravated battery charge to murder 2.

Gotcha. Any speculation as to why an attempted murder charge wasn't initially filed? Is it common to misjudge the severity of violent crimes like a stabbing? It's obviously a big jump now from an aggravated battery charge to murder 2.
Could be they didnt have any proof he intended to kill the victim and without intent they felt like they only had probable cause for Agg Batt and not enough for attempted murder. Could be he took an unexpected turn for the worse in the hospital. Tough to say without reading the initial PC report.

There are many variations of Agg Batt in florida

Agg Batt Great Bodily Harm
Agg Batt pregnant female
Agg Batt Deadly weapon
Agg Batt Firearm
etc etc

Advertisement
Back