For all the gripes against Richt's playcalling...

Advertisement
We need to become more consistent, pray for good health, and not have offensive lulls or blown assignments defensively. If we can do that we'll go far.

This week will let us know how far CMR has come with this Offense. FSU is giving up 23 ppg. If our Defense can stay off the field, we should have some success on Offense, especially in the 2nd half, if we wear them down. Until we do it with someone with a pulse, none of those stats mean anything.

We need to become more consistent, pray for good health, and not have offensive lulls or blown assignments defensively. If we can do that we'll go far.

Seriously... lulls are part of every game on every level. We watch these games way more intently.

I know what u mean tho....

I'm tired of hearing the gripes on his offense

his QB last year was unemployed until the panthers I believe picked him up

on top of that, the o line in front of that qb were HORRIBLE

there might be questions but I'd like to see what he does with a real offense first

Advertisement
This week will let us know how far CMR has come with this Offense. FSU is giving up 23 ppg. If our Defense can stay off the field, we should have some success on Offense, especially in the 2nd half, if we wear them down. Until we do it with someone with a pulse, none of those stats mean anything.

Duke has more of a pulse than FSU. We beat them convincingly while FSU almost lost to Wake Forest.

Duke has more of a pulse than FSU. We beat them convincingly while FSU almost lost to Wake Forest.

Bull****. If you watch FSU you'll know those other games mean absolutely nothing against Miami. FSU is far more talented than Duke in nearly every position. Also, FSU has played a tougher schedule than Duke and their Offense can't stay on the field.

Mark has to trust his running game I have never seen us beat FSU any way accept beating them in the trenches.They are Florida fast like we are so we will not out quick them.Mark said it wasn't until Homer's run that our line really opened up a sizeable hole.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Bull****. If you watch FSU you'll know those other games mean absolutely nothing against Miami. FSU is far more talented than Duke in nearly every position. Also, FSU has played a tougher schedule than Duke and their Offense can't stay on the field.

Saying Duke has more of a pulse than FSU is just the kind of delusion some of our fans specialize in.

Then they have meltdowns if we don’t beat FSU 58-0

FSU is a team full of blue chippers with their backs against the wall. They have way more of a pulse than Duke.

I'm tired of hearing the gripes on his offense

his QB last year was unemployed until the panthers I believe picked him up

on top of that, the o line in front of that qb were HORRIBLE

there might be questions but I'd like to see what he does with a real offense first

He totally misused our personnel last year until the 2nd half of the Notre Dame game. After that, he quit the RPO and let Kayaa do what he does best. Had he matched tactics to personnel earlier we win at least 2 more games last year.

It may be my imagination - but we seem to do a tiny bit better with an uptempo offense.

Remember the Notre Dame game last year? We looked f.uckin awful on offense the first half.

Second half Richt goes strictly uptempo and we look like the Rams in the Kurt Warner days.

The uptempo offense should be used WAY more imo

If uptempo was so easy then I guess you think ND speed is equal to FLY speed.First you have to punch them in the mouth then you can get some players in space.No doubt Ahmmon plays a key roll because he truly will be one of the best talents on the field for either team.

Advertisement
Personally I'd love to see us open in the two back there will be so many situations where we can operate in that formation.Walton loves to go out for a pass.All avenues open up if you stay within your comfort zone.As I have said our ratio of pass to rush is disturbing we need to balance that out.

Isn't it a hoot that these late posters are so much grounded much more realistic and less trying to be so condescending and really silly.Great job night posters I love this thread.

Advertisement

Saying Duke has more of a pulse than FSU is just the kind of delusion some of our fans specialize in.

Then they have meltdowns if we don’t beat FSU 58-0

FSU is a team full of blue chippers with their backs against the wall. They have way more of a pulse than Duke.

FSU is nothing

Seriously... lulls are part of every game on every level. We watch these games way more intently.

I know what u mean tho....

Yea, there are quarter-long lulls like last game and 4 game lulls going back to last season. The fact that they are getting shorter bodes well and we need to continue in that direction, which is the greater point to my post in this thread about criticism of Richt's offense. I think the lulls we're seeing this season have everything to do with execution/conditioning and less to do with play-call, because there's always a progression and way to move the ball if calls/technique are executed properly. I'm not saying we've gotta hit for chunk yardage every play, but we need to consistently execute and move the ball down the field in a manner commensurate with our coaching and level of talent.

It's a small sample size thus far, but I think we're getting there at the QB position and as team in general. I do watch a enough college football to see very successful teams hide marginal execution (lulls) with great talent, which is fine, but that's fools gold and not what I think Richt is about.

Last edited:
It may be my imagination - but we seem to do a tiny bit better with an uptempo offense.

Remember the Notre Dame game last year? We looked f.uckin awful on offense the first half.

Second half Richt goes strictly uptempo and we look like the Rams in the Kurt Warner days.

The uptempo offense should be used WAY more imo

As much as I support and appreciate coach Richt, the above quote is the crux of my frustration with him at times. Let's try going uptempo on offense from the beginning and get Rosier established and into a rhythm. Hit some screens, bubbles, flares, swing passes and work the middle of the field. Get FSU to back off from stacking the box then start hitting them with the running game.

We just don't have the personnel to establish the line of scrimmage in the run game from the start. Against certain teams yea maybe but certainly not against a defense like FSU's. Im going to go ballistic if we come out trying to run slow developing running plays into a loaded box. We're not going to beat FSU playing in a phone booth.

We are 11th in total offense per game and 2nd in yards per play. I know we've only played one team with a pulse, but if you couple that with a defense in the top 10-15 that's going to win you a lot of games.

cfbstats.com - 2017 National Team Leaders

The first half of your second sentence is the only relevant one. For the love of God you're giving me flashbacks to the admin *** kissers on Grassy who use to cite Coker's overall record toward the end of his tenure as a defense for why he shouldn't be fired. Facts without context mean nothing, and the simple fact is you're quoting a stat that is meaningless this early in the season given who we've played.

Another fact is that his play calling ****ed away the month of October last year. All 4 of those games were winnable, all four displayed ridiculously conservative and vanilla game planning, and all four yielded losses.

He needs to stop ignoring the middle of the field for large portions of IMPORTANT games. Sorry..but the jury is still very much out on Richt the play caller. I think he's a good head coach and a good face for the program...but color me skeptical until proven otherwise on his ability to call a game while also being responsible for the overall team on gameday. I've said it a million times on these boards...him hiring a good dedicated OC would help make him a better head coach by freeing him up from the minutia of play calling.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back